• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PS3 Demo Releasing Today

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks for the heads up OP.

EDIT: Banned website.

Dreohboy

I'm interested in knowing how this demo compares to the 360 version. I had fears that the PS3 version wouldn't be up to the 360 standard. Guess we'll find out today.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait so theres already a PS3 MP demo?
What the hell is going on? Who am i? Where i am? Damn you Bungie!

Nizz

~Devil Trigger~ said:
this thread is confusing
There's a MP demo coming for PS3 today. I think it's basically the same two maps 360/PC peeps have played going on two weeks already.

I've been wanting to try this game for a while now. I have Black Ops ready to trade in to Amazon and I'm hoping I like the C2 demo.

DarkUSS said:
I thought it was released for the PS3 too along with the PC demo. :/
Nah, we PS3 people are the last ones to get the demo. Looks like they decided to throw us a bone a week before release.

PS3 is the only platform that has not received the MP demo yet.

There is no SP demo.

It will be up later today when the store updates.

There.

sleepykyo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Should we get the pitchforks and popcorn ready?

I bet it runs just fine and everyone overreacted again.

Define "fine"?
e.g. On par with the 360, relatively similiar, Bayonetta?

sleepykyo said:
Define "fine"?
e.g. On par with the 360, relatively similiar, Bayonetta?

Constant 30fps, so on par with the 360. Shipping the demo with a busted framerate this close to launch would be pre-order suicide. Not taking any bets on resolution though.

Remember that Crytek are trying to sell an engine on the back of this - I doubt the PS3 code will be wonky, lest they want to completely concede the market to Epic.

Xater

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Remember that Crytek are trying to sell an engine on the back of this - I doubt the PS3 code will be wonky, lest they want to completely concede the market to Epic.

Looking at a lot of UE3 titles on PS3 I doubt many publishers care.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Seems a bit convenient that this demo is released on PS3 at pretty much the same time the demo ends on the 360 making it harder to make a direct comparison.

Xater said:
Looking at a lot of UE3 titles on PS3 I doubt many publishers care.

Epic at the very least had a centrepiece (UT3) to show what UE3 can truly accomplish on PS3 in the hands of people who aren't incompetent. If Crytek can't even get their own engine working, they are in trouble.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Epic at the very least had a centrepiece (UT3) to show what UE3 can truly accomplish on PS3 in the hands of people who aren't incompetent. If Crytek can't even get their own engine working, they are in trouble.

Games using UE3 also run pretty well on the PS3 now. AA is the only thing that really seems to be an issue at this point.

so will it be for everyone or only for those who pay?

im sick of the Plus bullshit, i always get excited for a demo and then learn i'm not worthy and have to wait an extra week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PRESS START TO BEGIN

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Epic at the very least had a centrepiece (UT3) to show what UE3 can truly accomplish on PS3 in the hands of people who aren't incompetent.
Yeah, and then they proceeded to throw that accomplishment away with the very recent Bulletstorm, which runs at what felt like a steady 20fps towards the end of the game and has numerous scripting issues relating to the engine.

sleepykyo

SolidSnakex said:
Games using UE3 also run pretty well on the PS3 now. AA is the only thing that really seems to be an issue at this point.

Don't know about the 360 version, but I dropped my rating of Borderlands, from 4 to 2 stars, after the last third of the game. Went from being a game, to series of slideshows.

confuziz

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Don't know about the 360 version, but I dropped my rating of Borderlands, from 4 to 2 stars, after the last third of the game. Went from being a game, to series of slideshows.

??????

Top Bottom