• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition Announced (Digital Download, October)

V_Ben

Banned
IGN's Jim Reilly (via Twitter, @jimreilly);

Electronic Arts announced today that an all-new digital download of NBA JAM will be available in October - NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

That's all I have at the moment, I'll update this OP when I see/have more.

Update 1: PR
EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM: ON FIRE EDITION, NEW DIGITAL DOWNLOAD COMING THIS FALL

Next NBA Simulation Title to Launch in 2012

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - April 5, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that an all-new digital download of EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM will be available in October. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and it will be available on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA JAM.

“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features,” said Trey Smith, Line Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition. “We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:

· REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.

· JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.

· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.

· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!

· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!

EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.

“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."

For more information visit www.facebook.com/NBAJAM, www.nba-jam.easports.com and www.twitter.com/NBAJAM.

NateDrake

EA ANNOUNCES NBA JAM: ON FIRE EDITION, NEW DIGITAL DOWNLOAD COMING THIS FALL

Next NBA Simulation Title to Launch in 2012

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - April 5, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that an all-new digital download of EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM will be available in October. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is being developed for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, and it will be available on PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition will feature exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence that will change the way gamers play NBA JAM.

“EA SPORTS continues to support this iconic franchise through a new digital download and we’re taking everything fans loved about the original and adding a host of new features,” said Trey Smith, Line Producer, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition. “We’ve listened to all of the feedback from our fans and we are driven to deliver the very best NBA JAM experience to date.”

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:

· REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.

· JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.

· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.

· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!

· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!

EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.

“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."

For more information visit www.facebook.com/NBAJAM, www.nba-jam.easports.com and www.twitter.com/NBAJAM.

Here ya go

I saw the PS3 version in Gamestop yesterday and considered buying it, but I ended up not buying it. I guess I made the right choice.

str8-h4x

Kifimbo said:
No. Insane is making the same mistake over and over again. A new studio is working in EA's NBA simulation. They need more than a year.

While I don't disagree with you, I think it's crazy that there will not be an EA NBA title this year (not counting jam), I guess this explains why IOS got roster updates for existing JAM and consoles did not.

dreamfall

And are they fucking over those who actually bought the disc version? They better have those updated rosters for that game...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Weenerz said:
Let's get a PC version please. I am without a console and I want this title.
It's worth buying a 360 for XBLA alone. DD titles are basically the last exclusives.

This is a huge troll on the people who paid $50 for this though.

dream

dreamfall said:
And are they fucking over those who actually bought the disc version? They better have those updated rosters for that game...

The iOS version got a roster update last week (Deron on the Nets, Mo Gotti on the Clips, etc.). Did the console versions not get that update?

dralla

I still can't believe how badly they screwed up the release of NBA Jam. I wonder if it's too little too late at this point

Xater

dskillzhtown said:
So two years of no NBA Live/Elite?

Man, they better come harder than hard in 2012.

If they actually use all the time to reboot the thing, they might come out with something amazing. Not that I will care about a simulation game but others will.

str8-h4x

dream said:
That's fucked. Any idea why?

I'm sure they are holding out on updates because of the new game. It's like TE all over again.

It's a giant slap in the face to the ones who purchased the disc based version.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
bishoptl said:
I knew I held out for a reason!

Maybe they'll insert proper player switching in this release.

Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!

That's what was sorely missing from the first version.

My only other request would be they finally award losses to those who quit online. It's ridiculous they didn't implement that.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I just bought the retail PS3 version for £10 but this is really how it should have been released on the HD consoles in the first place.

dream

Wow, I didn't know the console version didn't have tag mode. It's weird how the iOS version of the game turned out to be the definitive version.

Dizzy-4U

I want character creator stuff with all the trivia points and mascots like Show Time. I'll still buy it of course.

Crayons

Banned
Hilarious.

So, basically, they originally planned for a Wii only release. Then changed their mind and allowed it as a free download on PS3 and 360 for the NBA Live buyers. Then they changed their mind again and release it as a stand-alone game on all 3 consoles, with the Wii lacking online and being the worst version. Then, they decide to make a new version, in which they only develop for the HD consoles.

If this isn't a middle finger, I don't know what is.

plc268

Crayons said:
Hilarious.

So, basically, they originally planned for a Wii only release. Then changed their mind and allowed it as a free download on PS3 and 360 for the NBA Live buyers. Then they changed their mind again and release it as a stand-alone game on all 3 consoles, with the Wii lacking online and being the worst version. Then, they decide to make a new version, in which they only develop for the HD consoles.

If this isn't a middle finger, I don't know what is.

Lol, yea basically. If they would've done what pretty much everyone wanted in the first place (a DD ~$15-$20 NBA Jam game), they would've probably been a lot more successful.

Balb

dream said:
Wow, I didn't know the console version didn't have tag mode. It's weird how the iOS version of the game turned out to be the definitive version.

To actually play?

lmao

No Live or Elite until 2012?

Honestly this is incredible news. The amount of shit that is not even comparable to the 2k series is something that can't be fixed in 1 or even 2 years.

It will be 2 and a half or so years of development time for Nba Elite 13 if it drops in fall of 2012...that's an amazing amount of time for a dedicated sports simulation.

V_Ben

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
lmao

No Live or Elite until 2012?

Honestly this is incredible news. The amount of shit that is not even comparable to the 2k series is something that can't be fixed in 1 or even 2 years.

It will be 2 and a half or so years of development time for Nba Elite 13 if it drops in fall of 2012...that's an amazing amount of time for a dedicated sports simulation.

I made a dedicated thread for that :)

Top Bottom