• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon game to be announced in May [Arcade Game Announced, Maybe Not The Same]

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pokemonblackwhite.net said:
The latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo magazine has announced that they will be revealing a new Pokemon game in their next issue to be released in May. No other information was revealed such as what system the game will be released on.

Take your pick:

• Pokemon Gray
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel
  • Pokemon Ranger sequel
  • Pokemon Colosseum/Battle Revolution sequel
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes
  • Pokemon Snap sequel
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game... game

I'm going with Gray. As I said on March 27:

Andrex said:
Still think Gray is coming out this year.

Expect an announcement in a few weeks.

R/S will be the ones using the new engine that Gen 6 will work off of.

Alrus

Isn't it a bit too early for Grey? I mean it hasn't been that long since Black/White came out, it still sells pretty consistently in japan...

I'm guessing Gray/Grey. It won't be called that, I'm guessing. I think something like Chrome or even "Black and White" is on the cards - Gray is a boring name!

Bernbaum

Tranced Shadow said:
I'm guessing Gray/Grey. It won't be called that, I'm guessing. I think something like Chrome or even "Black and White" is on the cards - Gray is a boring name!
Pokemon silver.

Oh wait...

GDGF

Soothsayer
upandaway said:
Timing's good for a Gen 5 console battle game, so I'll go with that.

What if the next console battle game was a 3DSWare game? That way your cartridge slot would be free for Black or White. I guess the main bulletpoint would be polygonal pokemon in 3D battles. Plus May is when the online store opens.

I guess it could just as easily be Wiiware, though.

Negator

Pokemon Prince

Forgot what podcast I listened to recently that had that, they all kind of ran together this week.

or

Pokemon Plasma

Wiseblade

I'm going with either:

Andrex said:
Take your pick:
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game... game

It's way too early for a mainline game announcement and there hasn't been an original handheld Mystery Dungeon game since 2008.

There also hasn't been a trading card video game in forever and if tPCi's efforts are to be believed, There's going to be a big promotional push soon.

Besides, Nintendo Usually uses Coro Coro Magazine to release new details about mainline Pokémon games.

upandaway

Wiseblade said:
Besides, Nintendo Usually uses Coro Coro Magazine to release new details about mainline Pokémon games.
CoroCoro comes out before Dengeki doesn't it?

Just because CoroCoro didn't tease this month doesn't mean it won't reveal it the next!

Wichu

GDGF said:
I'm going with a sequel to Ranger. Just because Ranger looked pretty damn cool.
We've already had two sequels (one of which came out less than a year ago).
My money's on a Colosseum-style game for Wii. I think it's still too early for another main-series DS/3DS game.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Is it too soon for a Grey version? Well whatever it is, I'm hoping its a 3DS title to put the DS pokemon games to bed. Hopefully said title will be Grey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
It's way too early for a mainline game announcement

People keep saying this but we know that there are at least two teams inside of Game Freak now (primary team and remake team) and we got mainline game announcements in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Never say it's "way too early."

Wiseblade

upandaway said:
CoroCoro comes out before Dengeki doesn't it?

Just because CoroCoro didn't tease this month doesn't mean it won't reveal it the next!

Pokémon Smash (Pokémon Sunday's successor) hasn't teased anything either. Recently they have been the first place new Pokémon are teased/revealed, with Coro Coro backing them up. If smash teases something major in the next month, then a Grey announcement becomes possible...

My bet is on a Mystery Dungeon game, on 3DS.

Didn't gamefreak say that there won't be a 3rd version of black/white? this was the reason i bought black... DAMN LIARS!!! :(

Black is a pretty amazing game <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SilverLunar said:

Didn't gamefreak say that there won't be a 3rd version of black/white? this was the reason i bought black... DAMN LIARS!!! :(

[spoilers] Black is a pretty amazing game <3[/spoilers]

That was a rumor that was outright de-confirmed from Masuda himself.

Articalys

Andrex said:
People keep saying this but we know that there are at least two teams inside of Game Freak now (primary team and remake team) and we got mainline game announcements in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Never say it's "way too early."
By that logic, it makes this announcement have a higher chance of being the R/S remakes then.

Seems too early for a Grey announcement, but who knows? A Pokemon Snap 2 would make my day!

Also, what would be the point of an R/S remake? Weren't HG/SS made to make it so all pokemon were obtainable for the ds generations? You can just import from the original R/S in Pal Park.

Bo130

Everyone of those you mentioned are plausible, but I'd go with Pokémon Trading Card Game, because of the online-thing they did recently. Would love that for a handheld. Otherwise I would love a new Snap.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
By that logic, it makes this announcement have a higher chance of being the R/S remakes then.

It's a possibility. I just think GF would want to finish Gen 5 on the DS and then start Gen 6 on the 3DS.

SilverLunar said:
I'm going with this, be a good way to start the series on the 3DS and its been awhile since the last Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game hasn't it?

Negator

Andrex said:
It's a possibility. I just think GF would want to finish Gen 5 on the DS and then start Gen 6 on the 3DS.

I don't think that's the case. If they released a gen 5 remake on 3DS, they would have the ultimate killer app to move 3DS units, as well as them having a completely painless transition, seeing as DS and 3DS units can communicate very easily.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt they already hinted a new Battle Revolution like title on Wii - with Black/and White support ?

If not ist probably a Spin-Off for 3DS (Pokemon Ranger oder Snap)

Top Bottom