• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon game to be announced in May [Arcade Game Announced, Maybe Not The Same]

Xavien

Ark said:
Pokemon Pink.

Sorta already did that

51dGqCLLP-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BooJoh

I'd love to get a new Pokemon Snap on 3DS with Face Raiders style gyro controls and maybe some AR functionality thrown in.

But I'm guessing a 5th gen PMD is more likely.

As long as it's on 3DS I'll be happy. It boggles my mind that there's no Pokemon games announced for 3DS yet.

The current pattern of Pokémon Company says it will be Mysterious Dungeon 3 (DS/3DS)

November 2005: MD1
September 2006: Pokémon 4
September 2007: MD2
September 2008: Pokémon 4 third game
September 2009: Pokémon 2 remake
September 2010: Pokémon 5

My guess:
September 2011 : MD3
September 2012 : Gray
September 2013 : Pokémon 3 remake
September 2014 : Pokémon 6

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think a new console game is most likely, something like PBR or Stadium. I would love a 3DS Pokemon Snap, though.

swerve

PokeMon Gray, from the 3DS eShop exclusively.

Maybe even just a replacement executable file for B/W which renders the game in 3D. Totally possible with the assets from the B/W cart.

Wiseblade

Shotgun Kiss said:
Don't expect a Pokemon Trading Card Game. They're currently in the beta stages of a browser-based online one. And to be honest, it's shaping up to be even better than the GBC game, so I don't even want a new handheld one anymore.
We already know about that. Hell, the fact there's a browser based game that's unavailable in Japan just make the idea of a handheld title all the more likely.

Jenga said:
isn't yugioh out for the count in US?

sounds like the perfect time to push card game with a 3DS title
I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, there won't be the new YGO anime won't be airing outside of Japan anytime soon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The browser TCG makes me think the card game isn't very popular in Japan. If they announced a new handheld one we're more likely to get it at E3.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Count me in for Grey 3DS.

Andrex said:
The browser TCG makes me think the card game isn't very popular in Japan. If they announced a new handheld one we're more likely to get it at E3.

E3 has been all but barren for Pokemon news, unless you count crappy spin-offs like Pokemon Dash.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nils said:
Count me in for Grey 3DS.

E3 has been all but barren for Pokemon news, unless you count crappy spin-offs like Pokemon Dash.

I think D/P may have been announced at E3, but it's been a while so I don't know.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Is it even possible for a trading card game to be unpopular in Japan? I mean, Duel Masters still exists over there.

Akai

Didn't Nintendo say that they had a Pokemon game in the works for Wii, too? I'd think we'd see that before any 3DS game...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wiseblade said:
Is it even possible for a trading card game to be unpopular in Japan? I mean, Duel Masters still exists over there.
At first I was about to make a reply about the Yugioh card game, then I realized you said Duel Masters, not Duel Monsters.

I think a major problem with Duel Masters is the English Dub went overboard on adding comedy to the show, and most of it was pretty bad.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Andrex said:
I think D/P may have been announced at E3, but it's been a while so I don't know.

With the announcements of Pokémon Dash's release and the release date of the Nintendo DS, the development of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl was announced at a Nintendo Press conference in the fourth calendar quarter of 2004.[

From what I know the full announcement is usually done in something like CoroCoro magazine.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Akai said:
Didn't Nintendo say that they had a Pokemon game in the works for Wii, too? I'd think we'd see that before any 3DS game...

Wii/3DS Multiplattform would be great too. There is no reason why Battle Revolution type of games couldnt be on a handheld now - would look great in 3D.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DS/3DS version please (id get the 3DS version). Hopefully the story is just as good as Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, one of the few games to make me cry, miss it.

Wiseblade

Dedication Through Light said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DS/3DS version please (id get the 3DS version). Hopefully the story is just as good as Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, one of the few games to make me cry, miss it.
Do you ever stop?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It's about time I jump into a mainline Pokemon (never played one). Black looked really awesome, but if Nintendo/Gamefreak were to announce new/remake Pokemon for 3DS I would totally wait for that.

My money is on Pokemon Snap 3D though. Just makes too much sense.

Isn't it rumored that Game Freak is doing something non-Pokemon? Or at least something side-scroller... So I'm guessing it's not going to be a Game Freak Pokemon.

They are in an awkward position, though. Black/White came out at the very end of the DS's life cycle. I wouldn't be unhappy if they just skipped over the remakes and went straight to a new generation. (I'd love Grey, though. If only for the music.)

Akai

Why would you do that? said:
Isn't it rumored that Game Freak is doing something non-Pokemon? Or at least something side-scroller...

DRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZER

On a separate note, has Genius Sonority been involved in anything recently? As far as I can tell their last big game was Dragon Quest Swords. Unless they are doing the grunt-work for DQX, it would make sense they've been taking their time working on another Colosseum/XD-like spinoff...

(Looking it up, they've done that 100 Classic Books thing and also that Pokemon Typing game for DS. Surely that hasn't taken up all their resources...)

Ondore

Combination XD/Battle Revolution for Wii, which will have 200+ Pokemon available in the story mode (including all Unova 'mons with their alternate ability so I can WRECK FACES with Shadowlure).

Akai said:
DRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZERDRILLDOZER

On a separate note, has Genius Sonority been involved in anything recently? As far as I can tell their last big game was Dragon Quest Swords. Unless they are doing the grunt-work for DQX, it would make sense they've been taking their time working on another Colosseum/XD-like spinoff...

(Looking it up, they've done that 100 Classic Books thing and also that Pokemon Typing game for DS. Surely that hasn't taken up all their resources...)
Hero of Legend will undoubtedly swing in with the exact titles, but I believe they did a few DS games for Disney too.

Personally, I'm hoping they've been working on DQVIIr Wii this whole time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pokemon Grey, most likely.

Though I think they're releasing it waaaay too fast. :/

wwm0nkey

TheSeks said:
Pokemon Grey, most likely.

Though I think they're releasing it waaaay too fast. :/
GameFreak where the first to get the 3DS dev kits and they where probably working on this a long side White/Black.

Top Bottom