• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon game to be announced in May [Arcade Game Announced, Maybe Not The Same]

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why would you do that? said:
Isn't it rumored that Game Freak is doing something non-Pokemon? Or at least something side-scroller... So I'm guessing it's not going to be a Game Freak Pokemon.

They are in an awkward position, though. Black/White came out at the very end of the DS's life cycle. I wouldn't be unhappy if they just skipped over the remakes and went straight to a new generation. (I'd love Grey, though. If only for the music.)

No, it's not rumored at all. They answered an interview question that said they're always open to new game ideas but they're also happy with working on Pokemon. A totally non-committal answer.

A shame because I'd like to see them take at a Mendel Palace remake/sequel.

SmithnCo

Pureauthor said:
Pokemon Snap in 3D.

Please. Please.

And it could possibly use AR elements. It's limited, but after using the AR games in the 3DS I think it would be cool for a Pokemon Snap game to have some of those features.

Woffls

Pokemon Trading Card Game 3DS, compatible with the new Unova trading card decks that also work with the Pokémon TCG Online.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheSeks said:
Yes, I'm sure this is the 3DS enhanced version of B/W. However, that doesn't mean re-releasing the game a year later with probably some additions outside of that doesn't sit well with me. It didn't sit well with me with Platinum either.

Platinum was two years after D/P.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
MisterHero said:
Pokemon Wii 2 with REAL TIME ENCOUNTERS

THE CONTROLLER IS A POKEDEX

aaaauuuuugggghhhh

I would literally cry in excitement the second this was announced. I would lose my shit. Defecate at work status.

WHY

TheOGB

Banned
I will now attempt to generalize and reorganize the possibilities in order of probability (ha):
  1. CasualMon for 3DS (Snap, Hey You Pikachu, eShop title?)
  2. Rangers 3DS or Mainline Game (remakes included)
  3. Stadium/Battle Revolution
  4. Mystery Dungeon
  5. Other

Me? I'd prefer
Pulseman

upandaway

MidnightScott said:
D/P came out in Japan in September 2006, Platinum came out in Japan in September 2008
Oooh, wait a sec, September! SEPTEMBER!

If it really is a mainline, it'll be released in September, probably.

I'm not fucking ready for that.

sn00zer

If its not a T-rated action adventure real time action RPG with openworld exploration im not interested
jking...sorta

Oni Link 666 said:
I'm going with Grey for 3DS. Make it 3D, take advantage of spot pass and street pass, play coins, ect. It's just what Nintendo needs to get 3DS sales going.
Also, pokemon follows you again

SkanenakS

Neo Member
I am desperately hoping for a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I LOVED the secret bases system in that game, a feat no other pokemon game came close to being as badass as.

upandaway

SkanenakS said:
I am desperately hoping for a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I LOVED the secret bases system in that game, a feat no other pokemon game came close to being as badass as.
I keep hearing this but I really don't remember doing anything with those. Please elaborate what was so good about them?

Blizzard said:
I seem to recall finally buying my first DS (DS lite) because of diamond and pearl were released. I'm not sure even Pokemon is enough to push me past the 3DS price tag though. We'll see. >_>
Yeah, same here. Plus I already have Black and White.
upandaway said:
I keep hearing this but I really don't remember doing anything with those. Please elaborate what was so good about them?
If you mixed records with someone else, you could battle whoever was in their party every day in their secret base.

jman2050

SkanenakS said:

I think the secret bases evolved into what we see in the dream world now.

Boerseun

Banned
I would love a sequel to the Gamecube Pokémon RPGs on Wii. They still look good, are addictive, play well, and contain the essence of what makes Pokémon but don't need a massive investment of time like the mainline handheld games.

Gameboy415

jump_button said:
Pokemon AR card battle for 3ds i can see it happening at some point

I'm surprised no one else commented on this!

This could be the "next big thing" in the 3DS Pokemon games.
You'd go through the quest as always but you have the option to battle your friends in a real-life environment using the AR Cards.

Hell, Nintendo could even release promo AR Cards that let you battle and catch rare/shiny Pokemon!

As for the new game announcement in May, I'm betting it'll be a new Wii title.
Probably a Battle Arena update that supports Pokemon Black & White.

Andrex said:
No, it's not rumored at all. They answered an interview question that said they're always open to new game ideas but they're also happy with working on Pokemon. A totally non-committal answer.

A shame because I'd like to see them take at a Mendel Palace remake/sequel.
Well, there was this, which sounds like Masuda teasing and Sugimori giving standard answers:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26460892&postcount=49

But while I'd love for Game Freak to re-visit old stuff (I personally hope for Pulseman), I feel like they have enough talent to make an even better original game.
upandaway said:
Oooh, wait a sec, September! SEPTEMBER!

If it really is a mainline, it'll be released in September, probably.

I'm not fucking ready for that.
If it were coming out in September, wouldn't have it been announced already? I don't remember exactly when the other games were announced, but I'm pretty sure both HG/SS and Black/White were both announced in March on Pokemon Sunday.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Pokemon AR would = millions of 3DS sold. Too bad that's just too logical for Nintendo to do so they won't. Just like how we could have / should have had Mario Paint and 4 Swords for the DS.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
loblaw said:
Says who? If history repeats itself, we're only 5 or 6 months away.
^

People seem to be dismissing possibilites with baseless claims here.

DS-exclusive or maybe DS-compatible and 3DS-enhanced Gray is what I think will be announced, since, as I've said before, they rarely (never?) tease Pokémon spin-off announcements.

_dementia said:
Also, pokemon follows you again

Definitely.

There's a few ways that AR would work in B&W. It would be perfect for for the thing where you dress your Pokemon up with accessories. Put a top hat and a cane on Piplup, pose him, and take pictures, profit. It could also work well with all the battle stuff. Online VS, battle subway, wireless VS, whatever.

XeroSauce

plainr_ said:
I'd buy another Pokemon Stadium for the minigames. lol

Damn straight. I've had plenty of nights of me and friends just playing Random mini-games and collecting stars all the time.

Refugio

XeroSauce said:
Damn straight. I've had plenty of nights of me and friends just playing Random mini-games and collecting stars all the time.

Yeah those were great. Me and my sister still play the ones from stadium 2 sometimes. She love that chansey egg catching one.

A console game with black and white pokemon will do nicely, but only with a story mode as well. Basically I want less Battle Revolution and more Colosseum.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's going to be Colosseum 3, with only triple and rotation battles.

...and also a fully featured online battle mode.

rexor0717

MisterHero said:
Pokemon Wii 2 with REAL TIME ENCOUNTERS

THE CONTROLLER IS A POKEDEX

aaaauuuuugggghhhh
A real time pokemon game is about the only thing thats going to get me to buy a pokemon game ever again.

Man God said:
It's going to be Colosseum 3, with only triple and rotation battles.

...and also a fully featured online battle mode.
Considering how few triple battles were in B/W I'd like this....except for the main character starting with the 3 elemental monkeys or something, 3 Primeapes on the other hand....

I now think it'll be a 3DS game, because the magazine is Dengeki DS (they also show 3DS games like IE Go), to my knowledge they don't talk about Wii games, so the new game must be a 3DS game, as we just got a DS game (Typing), so another DS game would be too soon maybe? Maybe not, but eh.

I think the new pomemon game will be either:

BW expansion
RSE remake( 3rd gen pokemans showed up in the league arc)
Stadium/battle rev
Casual

Top Bottom