• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon game to be announced in May [Arcade Game Announced, Maybe Not The Same]

Very suspicious, but there's a set of photographed scans of a 3DS version of XD floating around. Doesn't look like a magazine I recognize, so I doubt it's real.

Hero of Legend said:
Very suspicious, but there's a set of photographed scans of a 3DS version of XD floating around. Doesn't look like a magazine I recognize, so I doubt it's real.

it isn't. it's using a prototype 3DS

Big One

Banned
If the fakeness of the scans didn't convince you, just remember that it's literally porting a sequel to a game that's dedicated to primarily connecting to the 3rd gen games, is a 3rd gen game (so it won't feature any 4th or 5th gen Pokemon unless extra effort was put into it), plus it would be a traditional Pokemon RPG on a handheld not made by Gamefreak. Basically towards buyers this would be conflicting in general on whether they'll be buying this or Pokemon B/W. So in other words it would be a fail marketing decision, ignoring that the game itself was made for the Gamecube to connect to the GBA.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's a scan floating around now that shows two pictures of a Gen V Mysterious Dungeon. Doesn't look exciting though, as we just see Druddigon talking to Tepig.

I like the MD games, although I was kind of hoping for a console game myself. But, I definitely think it's likely an MD game would be released since it was the first Gen IV spin-off.

Watch Da Birdie said:
There's a scan floating around now that shows two pictures of a Gen V Mysterious Dungeon. Doesn't look exciting though, as we just see Druddigon talking to Tepig.

I like the MD games, although I was kind of hoping for a console game myself. But, I definitely think it's likely an MD game would be released since it was the first Gen IV spin-off.

DS I assume? (enough of the DS MD games. :/)

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah.

Unless they do what they did with the original Mysterious Dungeon and make it for the DS and 3DS, the latter a simple port with a few new features.

Big One said:
If the fakeness of the scans didn't convince you, just remember that it's literally porting a sequel to a game that's dedicated to primarily connecting to the 3rd gen games, is a 3rd gen game (so it won't feature any 4th or 5th gen Pokemon unless extra effort was put into it), plus it would be a traditional Pokemon RPG on a handheld not made by Gamefreak. Basically towards buyers this would be conflicting in general on whether they'll be buying this or Pokemon B/W. So in other words it would be a fail marketing decision, ignoring that the game itself was made for the Gamecube to connect to the GBA.

It can't be a sequel though? I mean it shows Michael in Agate Village. It's been too long since I played those games so I don't remember anything. However, the prototype 3DS is a dead giveaway. I would love a sequel to the game instead of an enhanced port. Oh well, we'll know in a mere few weeks.

I think I would definitely give a new MD game a try. I never beat the original Blue Rescue Team, but I did beat Explorers of Time and I liked it a lot. Also loved the Ranger series.

Gvaz

Banned
Andrex said:
Take your pick:

• Pokemon Gray
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel
  • Pokemon Ranger sequel
  • Pokemon Colosseum/Battle Revolution sequel
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes
  • Pokemon Snap sequel
  • Pokemon Trading Card Game... game

I'm going with Gray. As I said on March 27:
Another pokemon? Jesus christ.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gvaz said:
Another pokemon? Jesus christ.

Yes, the series is truly sent from our Lord and Savior.

It's the most popular game series in Japan and the second most popular series of all-time, behind only Mario. Basically it's better than your favorite game. So dealwithit.

TreIII

A new Mystery Dungeon? Works for me, as I ended up liking the games. Still a bit annoyed that we didn't get those 3 Wiiware games over here, though.

Gvaz

Banned
Andrex said:
Yes, the series is truly sent from our Lord and Savior.

It's the most popular game series in Japan and the second most popular series of all-time, behind only Mario. Basically it's better than your favorite game. So dealwithit.
Sorry, after over 1000 consecutive hours, and halfway through White, I'm burnt out on pokemon. Eugh.

new Pokemon announced in May?
pokemon_may_wink.jpg.w300h225.jpg

I have a feeling it won't be a main entry. feels too soon.

jamesinclair said:
Pokemon Stadium 2 closed out N64. I can see Pokemon Stadium 4 (or whatever they call it) closing out the Wii

can definitely see this happening.

DarkWish

OMG please be a Mystery Dungeon for 3DS! I really enjoyed Explorers of Darkness, much more than I thought I would, it had a fantastic story.

EDIT: After looking at the supposed scan, the text looks like it could be in English, so that has to be fake. I'm still hoping the new game is a Mystery Dungeon game though.

Gvaz said:
Sorry, after over 1000 consecutive hours, and halfway through White, I'm burnt out on pokemon. Eugh.
That's what I say every time I get burnt out

then I procede to buy the next title on day 1

They've got us under their control

DarkWish said:
OMG please be a Mystery Dungeon for 3DS! I really enjoyed Explorers of Darkness, much more than I thought I would, it had a fantastic story.

EDIT: After looking at the supposed scan, the text looks like it could be in English, so that has to be fake. I'm still hoping the new game is a Mystery Dungeon game though.

Yeah that's why I am skeptical. However two more images were just added and it looks like I'm seeing more English almost. WTF? :d

DarkWish

MidnightScott said:
Yeah that's why I am skeptical. However two more images were just added and it looks like I'm seeing more English almost. WTF? :d
Looking at it more closely and looking at the other screenshots, I think it is Japanese. I think this is legit. But it really does look similar to English though.... weird.

DarkWish said:
Looking at it more closely and looking at the other screenshots, I think it is Japanese. I think this is legit. But it really does look similar to English though.... weird.

I really hope it is legit because I want another one for sure. I enjoyed Time greatly. Helps keep the series interesting once you get tired of the main game. Pokémon Pinball would be a welcomed game to me (and maybe the hearts of many?)

EDIT:

Nothing big but Masuda mentions that they are working on a new Pokemon game, although ofcourse they are always working on a new game. "But it will take a while for us to develop the game with fun atmosphere." http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=292

rpmurphy

So new PMD most likely now? Cool beans.

I need to get Black/White sometime to become familiar with the new Pokemon.

NoA still needs to release the WiiWare ones... :mad:

JazzmanZ

seemed pretty obvious to me considering every screen shot was blurry.

You'd think that in today's world we wouldn't need Blurry screen shots?

Symphonic

rpmurphy said:
Everybody is wrong. Revealed game is Pokemon Battrio V, a new installment to the arcade game now with Black/White Pokemon.

Will update with link without scans once found. (And new thread)

The hell.

D-Pad

rpmurphy said:
Everybody is wrong. Revealed game is Pokemon Battrio V, a new installment to the arcade game now with Black/White Pokemon.

Bleh.

rpmurphy said:

7kIyW.jpg

upandaway

rpmurphy said:

Wow.

Amazing.

Maaseru

Banned
Full Next Gen Project Cafe RPG. A whole story and complete game like in the portable games just with a great online battle system and I don't wanna say I want an MMO, but an online mode just like Demon's SOuls where youre friends can join you or challenge you accordingly....PLEASE!!!

Teknoman

rpmurphy said:

Aww...was hoping for one good console Pokemon title before the Cafe.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Wweeeeeelllllll at least we get to see Gen 5 Pokemon in 3D, right? Hopefully they hired better animators than the ones who half-arsed the Gen 4 3D models.

Wichu

Are we certain that the 'new game' is actually Battrio V? It seems to be more of an expansion. Previous Battrio expansions didn't get heralded as 'new games'; I'm pretty confident that there's still something yet to be revealed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wichu said:
Are we certain that the 'new game' is actually Battrio V? It seems to be more of an expansion. Previous Battrio expansions didn't get heralded as 'new games'; I'm pretty confident that there's still something yet to be revealed.

You are quite correct. They seem to postpone their announcement next month.

Not too keen on another mystery dungeon, started to lose interest even tho they do cram a lot into them, wouldn't shock me if was either a dungeon or ranger game tho.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, Serebii updated the Battrio and the new game as separate news items, so I agree that they're probably not related...Battrio Expansions are basically equivalent to new TCG sets, so I wouldn't worry.

That being said, I'd love for Battrio to come stateside, but even if it did I'd imagine they'd only have it at like the Nintendo World Store and I'd never get to play it anyway.

I do wonder if the sudden change in terms of Dengeki revealing the game is due to a possible Cafe title...it'd be pretty interesting for a Pokemon game to come out so early in a new console's life. Considering that there's usually a six or so month gap between CoroCoro revealing a game, and it coming out, it could possibly even be a launch title. That'd definitely help them move Cafe systems. :0

Watch Da Birdie said:
Yeah, Serebii updated the Battrio and the new game as separate news items, so I agree that they're probably not related...Battrio Expansions are basically equivalent to new TCG sets, so I wouldn't worry.

That being said, I'd love for Battrio to come stateside, but even if it did I'd imagine they'd only have it at like the Nintendo World Store and I'd never get to play it anyway.

I do wonder if the sudden change in terms of Dengeki revealing the game is due to a possible Cafe title...it'd be pretty interesting for a Pokemon game to come out so early in a new console's life. Considering that there's usually a six or so month gap between CoroCoro revealing a game, and it coming out, it could possibly even be a launch title. That'd definitely help them move Cafe systems. :0

PBR launched with Wii in Japan, also was WiFi enabled day 1. Why it took it and WiFi period half a year to reach other regions is beyond me.

And sadly, PBR obviously suffered due to it, the game ran like a mess.

And was boring as fuck, basically a poor man's Stadium. GS can't do Stadium, just get them on "Colosseum 3".

Best case scenario is that all this time they've been working on it, and on the Cafe they'll restart the coding to really work with the hardware. PBR actually came out only a year or so after XD. Devs kits weren't really in devs' hands for that long, with final ones only in July '06 IIRC.

Supposedly even basic kits of Cafe have been around since E3 last year was it?

Watch Da Birdie

Oh, you're right...totally forgot about that.

Let's hope then that the possible Cafe title isn't as rushed and sparse as that game was. :(

PBR launched with Wii in Japan, also was WiFi enabled day 1. Why it took it and WiFi period half a year to reach other regions is beyond me.
They had to release Diamond and Pearl in other regions first. :p

Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh, you're right...totally forgot about that.

Let's hope then that the possible Cafe title isn't as rushed and sparse as that game was. :(

They had to release Diamond and Pearl in other regions first. :p

Ah, rather good point there. XD

Watch Da Birdie

Speaking of which, I hope the next console game isn't as heavy on owning a copy of the portable game...

PBR sucked in that regard. With Stadium 1 and 2, you could rent any Pokemon you wanted and try them out, yet PBR only had like...six or so preset rental teams I believe. It'd be pretty awesome if the next Stadium Game brought back rental Pokemon and let you perhaps select from multiple movesets for each species (perhaps one for each Ability they have?), so that players could try out Pokemon they would never bother training.

I just want HAL and EAD to make the real Stadium 3.

I'll still never forgive GS for their sins regarding the cries. PBR looked like they were going to give us the gold, but they LIED and gave us the shit that was PBR, and that STILL used 8-bit cries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

Wailord had an awesome sounding cry, what could've been. :'(

Top Bottom