• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection coming to PSN, PC and XBLA this summer

Lock if old

Just got the PR:

STOCKHOLM – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.

“We are very excited to finally have the first 3 Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “With the release of our 2011 Mortal Kombat, and its return to 2D game play, players have been asking for these classic titles and we are happy to deliver them.”

Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will offer fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state and rediscover all their favourite characters, fatalities and environments as well as relive some of the franchise’s most memorable secrets. In addition, this new collection will feature online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.

An arcade- perfect port, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection brings players their favourite Mortal Kombat arcade classics for 800 Microsoft points or €7.99 on the PlayStation Network or PC.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hell of a price. Bought.... if the PSN ever comes back.

RPGCrazied

Sounds good, but I fear what they will look like on HDTV's, cause it says the original arcade ports. Not really a fighter player, but I grew up with these games, good times. I remember giving a bunch of quarters to these games in my youth.

TimeKillr

Now the question is: which revision of MK1 will be included? The PR seems to say they are arcade emulated, but there are SOO many revisions of MK1 that it's not funny.

If they use the last MK1 revision, MK1 is going to suck horribly :)

Boerseun

Banned
Yeah, but why not include Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and both the normal and ultimate versions of MK3? Heck, they could even have thrown in MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero just for fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TimeKillr said:
Now the question is: which revision of MK1 will be included? The PR seems to say they are arcade emulated, but there are SOO many revisions of MK1 that it's not funny.

If they use the last MK1 revision, MK1 is going to suck horribly :)
Same with MK2.
The first versions had crazy juggles.

Again: The price point is ba-na-nas.

aww_yeah_resurrection-s250x196-170627-535.png

If the version of the original isn't one of the weird ones then I'll be very happy. I'm also excited that all my friends that can't buy UMK3 on XBLA can now have the chance to pick it up.

K701

Banned
PR said:
STOCKHOLM – May 12, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. For the first time ever, the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together into a single collection which will be available for download in late summer 2011.

“We are very excited to finally have the first 3 Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “With the release of our 2011 Mortal Kombat, and its return to 2D game play, players have been asking for these classic titles and we are happy to deliver them.”

Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will offer fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state and rediscover all their favourite characters, fatalities and environments as well as relive some of the franchise’s most memorable secrets. In addition, this new collection will feature online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.

An arcade- perfect port, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection brings players their favourite Mortal Kombat arcade classics for 800 Microsoft points or €7.99 on the PlayStation Network or PC.

lol, so much for HD kollection.

Ribbon

RPGCrazied said:
Sounds good, but I fear what they will look like on HDTV's, cause it says the original arcade ports. Not really a fighter player, but I grew up with these games, good times. I remember giving a bunch of quarters to these games in my youth.

MKII from PSN looks pretty bad. You can resize the screen to make it better or worse though.

Struct09

SuperSonic1305 said:
What happened to the HD remakes that PS3 was supposed to get?

Rumor is that it was canned since it would have caused customer confusion with MK9 being released as well

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm not complaining. $10 is a fair price.

Hopefully, this is the start of WB Games reintroducing the classic Midway back catalog.

RPGCrazied

If they aren't HD ports, why not offer filters at least? ZSNES offers a wide range of filters to make the image look nicer.

Kunohara

Ah, I get to hear the awesome gibberish Raiden and Liu say during their moves again. I think the stuff Raiden says in the first one is the funniest one.

I guess they scrapped the HD Kollection. Oh well, this is good enough.

.... or theres the possibility they could double dip and release HD Kollection next year.

Shig said:
Oh good, I'm being asked to buy UMK3 again on a platform I already own it on. That's fun.

Dude, its 800 points for all 3 games.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Oh good, I'm being asked to buy UMK3 again on a platform I already own it on. That's fun.

Shig said:

For what could potentially be a much better port. I dunno about you but not being able to remap my buttons or having the awful interface and netcode in UMK3 on 360 ANd MK2 on PS3 is a good enough reason for me to buy the pack.

Z_Y

Wonder what the chances are for the players of the delisted XBLA version of UMK3 to be able to play vs players of this new version online?

I'll probably double dip anyway for $10...worth it to complete the trifecta.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
FunnyBunny said:
Proof you can't make everyone happy. Hell, I'd pay $10 for Mortal Kombat II alone.
I already have MKII on PSN and Ultimate MK3 on XBLA. If the quality of the port is better, and I can remap the controls, I'm good.

Chairhome

RPGCrazied said:
If they aren't HD ports, why not offer filters at least? ZSNES offers a wide range of filters to make the image look nicer.
I think the filters would look weird on the digitized pictures of actors. But I haven't tried filters on any MK games in an emulator.

Top Bottom