• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rika Suzuki (Another Code, Hotel Dusk) now doing digital online novels

Shiggy

Rika Suzuki was the scenario writer at CING and responsible for the stories of the Another Code and Kyle Hyde games, which were pretty great.

In April 2009 she founded Bellwood Inc. who seem to be some spin-off of the now bankrupt CING, at least Bellwood tentatively owned the CING domain and now employs some former CING managers.

Rika's novels are currently only available in Japanese, sadly, and so are her tweets.

http://www.bellwood-inc.jp/index.html
https://twitter.com/#!/talkingBellwood

Boerseun

Banned
Nice find, Shiggy!

Nintendo missed a golden opportunity by not acquiring Cing.

Maybe they can make up for it by acquiring a stake in Bellwood and partnering on some future titles.

CiSTM

Banned
walking fiend said:
it's provided for free? how does she make money then?
Hoping for publishing deal I guess. Or maybe ads ? Some mobile phone novelists has gotten some big deals via free blogs.

Shiggy

CiSTM said:
Hoping for publishing deal, I guess. Or maybe ads ? Some cell phone novelists has gotten some big deals via free online novel blogs.

Bellwood provides scenario planning to other companies, that's probably their main job.

Shiggy said:
It's the Greek business model ;)
and what is that? (ignorancy cow flying over here...)

Hoping for publishing deal I guess. Or maybe ads ? Some mobile phone novelists has gotten some big deals via free online novel blogs.
I hope she can survive, I want myself some serious visual novel to feed on along my usual dose of manga/anime

Bellwood provides scenario planning to other companies, that's probably their main job.
I see, so she actually doesn't do this as her main job to survive? I feel sorry for those who thrive on these kind of mediums and themes, they usually are forced to abandon what they love to do and what they do best.

Jintor

walking fiend said:
and what is that? (ignorancy cow flying over here...)

To belabouredly explain a joke, Greece is in severe economic difficulties right now stemming from the fact that their financial/social system is way too generous.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there more Take On Me: Take Me On Harder/Kyle Hyde? If not, I can't give a damn. :/

Good that there's some good out of the failure of Cing, but I'm still sore Last Window didn't come to the US.

Frost_Ace

I would gladly pay to know the rest of Kyle Hyde's story in english

too bad it'll ever happen :(

*goes to read last window's novel*

Top Bottom