• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rika Suzuki (ex-CiNG) interested in continuing Kyle Hyde's story

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Let's make things clear - CiNG is dead, and the new studio these people are at is a tiny outfit that does digital media stuff. I don't think they even make games anymore, just digital novels and stuff like that: http://www.bellwood-inc.jp/

Even if Nintendo allows them to use the IP, it'll probably be in the form of short stories rather than an adventure game.

You say this like there's much of a difference, considering the type of games they were. :p

In any case, I would be A-OK with just a novel of Kyle's adventures. Localised, of course. I can picture the A-Ha visuals in my head perfectly fine.

Zweizer

Banned
Well, what are the odds of Nintendo greenlighting a new Kyle Hyde game? WIth the studio dead and the games being a mild success at best, I'm not holding my breath.

javadoze

There was an idea brought up not too long ago of there being a crossover game between Ashley Robbins and Kyle Hyde.

Words can't describe how much I want this to happen... Even if it were a small eShop title.

There was an idea brought up not too long ago of there being a crossover game between Ashley Robbins and Kyle Hyde.

Words can't describe how much I want this to happen... Even if it were a small eShop title.
Indeed. I'd be completely overjoyed if this ever came to be. Doesn't even need to be a game, just put Rika in charge and I'll be content.

Praying for a trophy or whatever in Smash Bros 4. :(

M1jMGRk.jpg

Asbear

Banned
Can't she do anything to make it happen? Kickstarter, anything? I really, really would like a Hotel Dusk 3. The original and Last Window were some of my favorite games of all time.

EVOL 100%

The games they made sold pretty decently, but I have to wonder whether Nintendo would be willing to fund a company that managed to get itself bankrupt

It's weird that I haven't played trace memory given how much I liked hotel dusk.

I should probably buy the eu version of the second kyle hyde game. Maybe make my wii region free with that homebrew thing for another code r.

watershed

Banned
Oh man, I hope Nintendo returns to this IP or gets Cing back together. I feel like they could do amazing work that has actual sales potential.

Kalor

I would love something to continue Kyle Hyde's story. I just bought Last Window the other day and have been enjoying it a lot. While I don't know how it ends it would be nice to see another game or even a short story as it would be well suited to it.

Brofield

I'd definitely pick up both games if they were put on the DS VC.

Hell, I was thinking of replaying those games anyhow, unlock the real ending for both.

Koppai

Ask for permission, make it for 3DS!

I loved Cing and iNiS. Two devs that should make a comeback. DS will always be my favorite game system I think :)

I imported Last Window and Another Code R and I have no regrets. :)

NoA better not be shitty this gen.

L~A

I'd definitely pick up both games if they were put on the DS VC.

Hell, I was thinking of replaying those games anyhow, unlock the real ending for both.

I'd definitely buy them if it ever came out on the Virtual Console (provided Nintendo... ever DO release more DS games on the VC :p).

But I don't think I'd play them, I really prefer using my DSiXL for that. Still, ready to support CiNG any way I can... even if they don't exist anymore.

IrishNinja

god I imported Last Window (from a gaffer!) and I'm still wary of having a terrible cliffhanger at the end, haven't touched it yet

jay

god I imported Last Window (from a gaffer!) and I'm still wary of having a terrible cliffhanger at the end, haven't touched it yet

Don't worry, the game pales in comparison to the first one so you'll be too busy being disappointed to be upset by any unresolved plotlines.

L~A

There's no cliffhanger at the end. Actually, the ending does provide great closure, while remaining somewhat open (if they ever wanted to continue the story, I guess).

Actually, even Hotel Dusk itself is the same.

Let's make things clear - CiNG is dead, and the new studio these people are at is a tiny outfit that does digital media stuff. I don't think they even make games anymore, just digital novels and stuff like that: http://www.bellwood-inc.jp/

Even if Nintendo allows them to use the IP, it'll probably be in the form of short stories rather than an adventure game.

Yup. Hotel Dusk and Kyle Hyde are dead.

There's no cliffhanger at the end. Actually, the ending does provide great closure, while remaining somewhat open (if they ever wanted to continue the story, I guess).

Actually, even Hotel Dusk itself is the same.
Yep the game had closure, where if you didn't "cheat" and read the in game novel version of the Last Window, before you reached the chapter/did the puzzle; you'll get an epilogue chapter in the novel.

Yep the game had closure, where if you didn't "cheat" and read the in game novel version of the Last Window, before you reached the chapter/did the puzzle; you'll get an epilogue chapter in the novel.

I just finished the game once, need to play it again to get that epiloge.
Although both games endings are somewhat open in Kyle's story, given that we still don't know much about Bradley.
And in Last Window, are still some things that could be better explained.

I just finished the game once, need to play it again to get that epiloge.
Although both games endings are somewhat open in Kyle's story, given that we still don't know much about Bradley.
And in Last Window, are still some things that could be better explained.
Very true but you should get closure for most of the Last Window story if you get that epilogue, just maybe not the overaching entirety of Kyle's story. Hope you enjoy it again and the epilogue.

DizzyCrow

Ask for permission, make it for 3DS!

I loved Cing and iNiS. Two devs that should make a comeback. DS will always be my favorite game system I think :)

I imported Last Window and Another Code R and I have no regrets. :)

NoA better not be shitty this gen.

Thanks, you made me remember Elite Beat Agents, another game which died with DS. I would kill for a new game or a release on the Wii U VC.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH GOD YES. Nintendo, let her do this!

(Ashley's side of the story also has hanging plotlines. Let's get that going too.)

Top Bottom