• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City Riddler trailer revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Update:

Hidden riddle in trailer. Can you solve it?

6ugnU.png

Youtube

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video...dler-trailer/2tgmo9gl?from=homepage_slideshow

Wallpapers

B2kB5.jpg

2560x1600

1920x1200

1680x1050

1440x900

1280x800

1600x1200_Riddler-220.jpg

1600x1200

1920x1200

They're trying to go for that SAW-vibe. Riddler has always put people in deathtraps and asked them to figure it out but trying to make him out like some Jigsaw-knockoff is stupid. He's better than that.

Skilletor

Crewnh said:
They're trying to go for that SAW-vibe. Riddler has always put people in deathtraps and asked them to figure it out but trying to make him out like some Jigsaw-knockoff is stupid. He's better than that.

Never seen a Saw movie or trailer. Didn't get that at all.

Thought the trailer was dope as shuck.

Sn4ke_911

zT8Z9.png

Lovely day here in London and SOMETHING tells me everyone out there is having a great day!Am I right? #ig

Next week IS a fantastic week for Arkham City fans and for the studio #ig

Who else is COMING to comicon? #ma

Baking Bat shaped cookies for the office TOMORROW. Tasty! #ma

Looks like we will be getting some all new info tomorrow! Stay fixed to ArkhamCity.co.uk for updates.

user comment said:
SarahMay did say an update for community site was coming tomorrow. We'll probably get the new character reveals then. That's probably why they took that pic down from the rotator. They won't do two reveals in one day.

Source

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Last sentence sent shivers down my spine and gave me goosebumps. Seems like there's a little more than just collecting Riddler-Trophies to him this time. Save a hostage by solving a riddle... that's some fucked up shit right there.

It'd be a bit disappointing to see these challenges being a test of Batman's physical reflexes instead of his mind. But it looks as if these might be platforming sections designed to break up the action just like the Scarecrow sections in the first game?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
After watching that I'm incredibly disappointed that Nolan didn't use a Riddler like this in any of his movies. Could have been amazing.

2th

Banned
neorej said:
Last sentence sent shivers down my spine and gave me goosebumps. Seems like there's a little more than just collecting Riddler-Trophies to him this time. Save a hostage by solving a riddle... that's some fucked up shit right there.

my thoughts exactly.

MNC

You know wha's awesome? The fact that this trailer on its own might make it look like the Riddler is the main villain.

BUT EVERY VILLAIN GETS THIS TREATMENT IN ARKHAM CITY. WOW.

Sn4ke_911

User33 said:
Is that Catwomen kidnapped again?

Gentlemen, I believe I found the main plot device.
Didn't had time to watch the full trailer but i think it was just a female hostage.

Vire

After doing some fine detective work, some folks figured out the secret messages hidden within the trailer:

9 / 1 3 / 2 5 20 20 5 18 / 20 8 1 14 / 25 15 21

Riddle me this, what does it take to keep a sharp puppet on a strange string

I AM BETTER THAN YOU

rukland

RavenFox said:
Can't wait to hear him bitch and moan again after I outsmart his ass.

This

Oh and I can not wait for this game this and UC3 are my two biggest must haves this fall.

Morkins

Banned
I don't understand why people keep saying it seems like they are copying Saw... The Riddler has ALWAYS done this stuff. Death traps related to figuring out some sort of riddle is the entire point of his character. It is his modus operandi. Saying is is like Saw is kind of missing the point...

Top Bottom