• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Diablo 3 Has A Real Money Auction House, You Can Cash Out Of The System

edited with Chinese fansite pics:

(1920x1200)
http://i.imgur.com/kBbua.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/q2g0k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oyrcp.jpg

Supposed leaks from a German IRC channel here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806335

newly edited to reflect source
Beta will start in waves. North America first, Europe later.
"Real Money" Auction House. You can sell and buy Items for Real Money. You have to pay fee to Blizzard for it. You can also use an Ingame-Gold Acution House.
Blizzard will not sell Gold or Items. It is just Player to Player Trading.
Every Class has its own introductionvideo.
The Auction House has an amazing search system it sorts the items by the best stats for your charakter.
Beta contains all five classes and ends with Leoric.
Hardcore Modus is in (No more Infos)
Match-Making-System for Random Groups and PvP-Arena.
Sharing-Stash confirmed.
Banner-System: You have a Virtual-Banner for your Achievements. It contains all Achievements from your account (not Character).
They will also release a long new gameplay trailer tomorrow. It will contain new skills and runes.
No specific End-Game Content (No Raids etc.), but they want to add more stuff for high level players later.
Naming-System will work like in StarCraft 2. You have a name and an ID like Diablo.113

More Infos about the Demon Hunter:
Demon Hunter has two resources: Hate and Discipline
He uses Hate for Attackspells. Hate regenerates very fast.
Discipline is for defensive abilities and regenerates slowly.

No changes on the resources-system for the other classes.

va0Sd.jpg

q1UIh.jpg

bluestuff

and the leaks will begin, want this in my veins to badly!

alba said:
Real money auction house? Really, Blizzard? :/

I think its a fairly smart idea, that is specially aimed at targeting the rampant gold farmers that will inevitably attempt to prosper from a very loot centric game(arguably even more so then wow) like diablo

V_Arnold

Damn, that is a goodlike interface and character showing.

alba said:
Real money auction house? Really, Blizzard? :/

What? Read further, it is transaction between player. Something that is ALREADY HAPPENING in every single MMO out there. People are trading chars even when it is bannable. Now it will be sanctioned and if you have a problem, you can turn to Blizzard, not just wave goodbye to your money because someone scammed you on ebay.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
RM Auction House sounds bad at first but it would really only be Blizz putting a stop to trading items for various forms of forum gold etc.

Gravijah

Real money auction house could destroy the economy. Thanks.

Keiician said:
RM Auction House sounds bad at first but it would really only be Blizz putting a stop to trading items for various forms of forum gold etc.

How about just creating a nice form of in game currency?

V_Arnold

Keiician said:

Exactly. I wish people would think for a second. This is happening right now, people are doing this. Now they wont be able to scam each other with a sanctioned ingame method, which will be acknowledged as the only safe place to do it.

Won

"Real Money" Auction House. You can sell and buy Items for Real Money. You have to pay fee to Blizzard for it. You can also use an Ingame-Gold Acution House.
Blizzard will not sell Gold or Items. It is just Player to Player Trading.

That's......really weird.....

syko de4d

real money ah + ah thats find everything for u in some sec. = worse Pay Model ever in a game...

If this is real Diablo3 MP is dead to me...

Gravijah

V_Arnold said:
Exactly. I wish people would think for a second. This is happening right now, people are doing this. Now they wont be able to scam each other with a sanctioned ingame method, which will be acknowledged as the only safe place to do it.

The problem is, what stops the average person from just wanting to trade their items for real money? Why would you want to accept in game currency when you can receive money?

V_Arnold

Gravijah said:

Nope. How exactly? If someone worths a lot ingame resources, it will worth a lot of money. It will worth to farm it, it will worth to buy it, it will worth to sell it. Those coincide, not hurt each other.

Gravijah said:

I do not see how a regulated item trading feature is even remotely connected to this.

Gravijah said:
The problem is, what stops the average person from just wanting to trade their items for real money? Why would you want to accept in game currency when you can receive money?

The reality of how many people are actually wanting to pay money for it instead of ingame items. I imagine the hardcore userbase in every single region will continue playing this game hardcore for months/years to come, why would they pay money? And they would still need ingame items, to trade. They create a demand, so supply will be created for this.

glaurung

Really conflicted about the real money auction house. People will react badly to a degree, look out for FB and G+ support groups for haters.

But the customized player record banner sounds awesome.

Otherwise bring it on. I know I won't get into this beta, but damn it is looking awesome.

Murkas

So you spend real money so you can spend real money on items in the game?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gravijah said:

People will buy stuff for real money anyway so it's just the question will it flow somewhere outside (like it does now for Diablo 2 - from what I've heard from my friend, the market on various forums is huge) or through Blizzard.

This is just Blizzard taking advantage of what already exists with Diablo 2 and reigning it in and controlling it themselves. Sites like d2item and whatnot simply won't exist with Diablo 3, and I am fine with that. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

kirblar

V_Arnold said:
It's Blizzard's version of Hamsterdam!

Man

I suspect they take a percentage of sales like SOE (I believe).

I'm not against it. It happens *all the time* anyways. This is the better, more organised (and more even-footed) way.

Kalnos

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
Nah, if Blizzard gets a cut of this and has their own system to handle it then it hurts their business.

I doubt they will play into the system anyway, they will probably just circumvent it with normal trading.

Gravijah

V_Arnold said:
Nope. How exactly? If someone worths a lot ingame resources, it will worth a lot of money. It will worth to farm it, it will worth to buy it, it will worth to sell it. Those coincide, not hurt each other.

I do not see how a regulated item trading feature is even remotely connected to this.

Because instead of having to jump through hoops to trade your items on various forums (something only a certain percentage of people do), everyone will be able to trade their items for money. I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong. I hope the in game currency works fine and real money is just a plus for extremely rare items. I also hope that I'll be able to trade some form of in game currency for them and not people expecting cash for everything.

Keiician said:
People will buy stuff for real money anyway so it's just the question will it flow somewhere outside (like it does now for Diablo 2 - from what I've heard from my friend, the market on various forums is huge) or through Blizzard.

People do, but not everyone. I'm hoping everyone doesn't expect to only receive cash for their items. That's what I'm afraid of, I suppose, with the ease of use.

DiscoJer

At one time, eBay was full of people selling Diablo 2 stuff. So it's not like it wouldn't happen anyway.

This way, presumably Blizzard gets a cut (and it's safer).

V_Arnold said:

Now that you think about it, it makes sense. It's already in Diablo 2, charms and runes are being sold online. I guess as long as it's not Blizzard selling them, but just relying on random person finding it and selling the loot it's fine.

Gravijah said:
Because instead of having to jump through hoops to trade your items on various forums (something only a certain percentage of people do), everyone will be able to trade their items for money. I mean, I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong. I hope the in game currency works fine and real money is just a plus for extremely rare items. I also hope that I'll be able to trade some form of in game currency for them and not people expecting cash for everything.

I think the idea is only for player vs. player transactions to be made with real money. Blizzard does not plan to sell any items themselves.

kirblar

Man said:
I suspect they take a percentage of sales like SOE (I believe).

I'm not against it. It happens *all the time* anyways. This is the better, more organised (and more even-footed) way.
Just like EBay or any other such site. It's an absolutely awesome way to regulate the system, make more money, and provide safety to consumers.

Filth

Real money auction house I'm 50/50 with this idea. Technically you could make money by putting items in the ah right?

kirblar said:
Just like EBay or any other such site. It's an absolutely awesome way to regulate the system, make more money, and provide safety to consumers.
Makes sense that Blizzard has an auction house thus killing the external million dollar gold farming business that exists in WoW.

ezekial45

Banned
While i don't blame for using a Pay for items feature, i'm worried that they'll get greedy and leave people who don't want to spend money on items at a disadvantage.

Xyphie

At least it's a better solution than d2jsp forum gold for trading. They should do something similar to EVE PLEXes for WoW.

This is a few pages in too:

More Infos about the Demon Hunter:
Demon Hunter has two resources: Hate and Discipline
He uses Hate for Attackspells. Hate regenerates very fast.
Discipline is for defensive abilities and regenerates slowly.

No changes on the resources-system for the other classes.

Edit -

shagg_187 said:
Makes sense that Blizzard has an auction house thus killing the external million dollar gold farming business that exists in WoW.

Paul from D2JSP isn't making chump change either. Those sites are not going to leave D3 alone, so it's the lesser of two evils here

Majine

Banned
Philooch said:
Real money auction house I'm 50/50 with this idea. Technically you could make money by putting items in the ah right?
Consumers making money off their purchased game? Mind is blown.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Real money auction house sounds awesome to me. Wouldn't mind making a bit of spending money just by playing Diablo 3.

Top Bottom