• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations website goes live

watershed

Banned
Consumer Friendly Update: If you click the "choose your pre-order location" buttons you'll be taken to RE:Mercs 3D NOT Re:Revelations so beware (for the US and UK sites at least).

http://www.residentevil.com/revelations/index.php
Game Features:

All new Resident Evil — New storyline featuring series favorite — Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield and introducing BSAA member Parker Luciani
Classic survival horror gameplay returns — Explore the dark, sinister areas of the cruise ship; there's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide with evil creeping out of the shadows
Flexible touch screen functionality — Using the touch screen adds depth to puzzle solving and provides easy access to switching weapons on the fly
Use your equipment — Use the Genesis scanning equipment to analyze enemy weaknesses and hidden items that will prove crucial for the player's survival
Brand new threat — A new kind of horror is set to join the legions of Resident Evil; for the first time ever in the series, players will encounter enemies underwater, adding a unique challenge to the mix of gameplay
Alternate Aiming Perspectives — Players can choose the shooting style that suits them with the ability to alternate between first and third person views to best pin point enemies
official blurb:
Resident Evil returns to survival horror with a brand new storyline and a new level of tension and intrigue. A brand new setting delivers a more tense and intriguing gameplay experience than any Resident Evil to date!. Built from the ground up to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations delivers outstanding visuals that bring the fear to life.

The action bridges the gap between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, unveiling new adventures for Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield. Jill and her new partner, Parker Luciani, have been sent on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship in the Mediterranean, to search for Chris Redfield, based on his last known GPS coordinates. Far from being empty, the ship hides danger around every corner as Jill and Parker explore the confined space of the ship and must face a menacing new horror that emerges from the darkness.

Adding a new unique horror setting to the series, Resident Evil Revelations gives players the chance to venture underwater as they try to escape the terrifying creatures that are roaming the ship. But even the water isn't safe as the creatures continue to attack from the depths while Jill and Parker make a desperate bid to make it off the ship alive.

Its going to be very tense and intriguing, more so than any Resident Evil to date!

NateDrake

If the website is now live I guess we can expect a lot more stuff out on it at TGS. Maybe a release date for Japan?

Resident Evil returns to survival horror with a brand new storyline and a new level of tension and intrigue. A brand new setting delivers a more tense and intriguing gameplay experience than any Resident Evil to date!
The redundancy made me chuckle.

Really looking forward to how Revelations turns out, though. Some new info at TGS would be nice.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
RE:R reminds me of RE:LiN though, which is a good sign.

I usually suck at RE games but I'm really interested in this one. I'll probably end up picking it up.

I wonder if having this website now full of info on the story and controls means we may possibly getting it sooner than expected. GameStop lists it for the end of April next year, but I think it would be better if it was out sooner enough to help sell the Nintendo 3DS.

I guess we'll have to wait for TGS?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Expected it, but I'm happy to see a third person aiming option confirmed.

hatchx

Banned
I'm really curious when this game is actually going to come out.

I can't tell if it's a Q1 2012 or a Q4 2012. I can even imagine it slipping into 2013, but at the same time they are advertising it as if it's a game hitting this year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Why in the hell the italian site is in latin? :lol

Ken

Adding a new unique horror setting to the series, Resident Evil Revelations gives players the chance to venture underwater

Lagiacrus_electric_attack_bmp_jpgcopy-590x331.jpg

Tense and intriguing.

cvxfreak

Mpl90 said:
Why in the hell the italian site is in latin? :lol

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

lol.

cvxfreak said:
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

lol.

Placeholder Text ftw^^ Placeholder game confirmed???? lol

jufonuk

not tag worthy
pre-order on the the uk page for the Amazon link, takes you to the order page for Resi Mercs..,

watershed

Banned
jufonuk said:
pre-order on the the uk page for the Amazon link, takes you to the order page for Resi Mercs..,
Holy Conspiracy Batman!

Apparently it does that for the uk and us sites, I haven't checked the others. I'll update the OP.

[Nintex]

I've played the E3 demo of this game and was simply blown away. At some point I actually ran out of ammo and had to outsmart a bunch of zombies to get to safety. It looks great, it plays well and reminded me of Resident Evil 4 a lot.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
cvxfreak said:

lol.
Amazing. :p

cvxfreak

Night_Trekker said:
RE 4.5 sans Leon? Capcom, I am disappoint.

Still interested, though. What does that make now, one Capcom property I care about?

Jill Valentine is every bit as awesome as Leon. :mad:

In fact, they need to be in the same game. NOW. I was so disappointed when I couldn't make a Jill+Leon team in Mercs 3D or UMvC3. :(

gwarm01

This is the game that will justify my day one purchase of a 3DS. Now I just need FFV and Mario for the trifecta to be complete.

Some info from the latest ONM,

- Chris Redfield and new partner Jessica find themselves in a snow-covered mountain range
- they are cut off from radio contact
- the two are wandering around in blizzard-like conditions
- bottom screen shows a waypoint set on the map that you need to visit
- use the touchscreen or tap the dpad to use the scanner
- hold R to switch into a green-hued first person mode, then hold Y for scans
- scan things to find ammo, herbs and add to your scan percentage
- you'll stumble upon a mineshaft at some point
- cheesy dialog returns, which Chris telling Jessica that she should have worn her thermal underwear to stay warm, and Jessica saying that her 'sweet ass' was is on the way to rescue Chris when he's incapacitated by falling off a ledge
- silent passages will let out a creak from time to time, letting you know baddies are lurking about
- controls are taken right from Mercenaries
- canine enemies return
- quick-time events pop up if the dogs nail you
- use BOW decoys to lure the dogs away
- BOW decoys are timed grenades
- exit the ice cave after the mine shaft to get radio contact back
- you'll talk to a US Marshal named O'Brien
- both Chris and Jill have been lead into the same trap
- game is split into episodes, splitting between Jill and Chris
- setting was changed due to make things interesting
- game takes place between RE 4 and 5
- focusing on the survival horror feeling