• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations website goes live

Hyped.
But I really hope the final game will have more depth in the 3D effect than the demo and Merceneries. Coming from Ocarina of Time with the 3D slider all cranked up, it was like going from looking in to a little world, to looking at this really weird flat depth sorted paper doll show. Very dissapointing. Feel the same with a lot of 3D movies - The effect is just to subtle for me. Sometimes it feels like I'm alone on this, though :)

This isn't coming out this year, is it?

Loonz

Ninjagorilla said:
Coming from Ocarina of Time with the 3D slider all cranked up, it was like going from looking in to a little world

Yeah, it's absolutely fantastic the use of 3D in Ocarina of Time. Just gorgeous. You feel like peeking to another living and breathing world trough a window. When you turn the slider down everything becomes flat and soulless: it's the same game but it doesn't feel the same. Great job from Grezzo I think.

I hope that Capcom can replicate that feeling with this Resident Evil. They did a pretty good job with 3D in Super Street Fighter 4 3D, hopefully they can improve the effect in the final version of this game.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong, but given the current state of the forum and the awesome look of those screens
port begging will start soon

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Loonz said:
Yeah, it's absolutely fantastic the use of 3D in Ocarina of Time. Just gorgeous. You feel like peeking to another living and breathing world trough a window. When you turn the slider down everything becomes flat and soulless: it's the same game but it doesn't feel the same. Great job from Grezzo I think.

I hope that Capcom can replicate that feeling with this Resident Evil. They did a pretty good job with 3D in Super Street Fighter 4 3D, hopefully they can improve the effect in the final version of this game.

BTW, I hope I'm wrong, but given the current state of the forum and the awesome look of those screens
port begging will start soon

You're wrong.

...'cause it has already started.

[Nintex]

Sammy Samusu said:
News shots?

2.jpg

5.jpg

GOTY 2012
Ah that's from the demo I played. It looked so cool and there were quite a few enemies and then I ran out of ammo so Jill had to run/hide to get away from them. Quite tense, quite awesome, quite Resident Evil. Felt much more like 4 with a bit more old-school Resident Evil mixed in. There were some puzzles as well so that's cool too.

Sammy Samusu said:
News shots?

2.jpg

GOTY 2012
Is it just me or does the first image remind me of the L shaped coradoor in RE1 near the plant/itchytastey/magnum tiger room? Same wallpaper and all.

Looks like her wetsuit has been made more reflective like it's wet.

Mafro

I really need to see some pictures or footage of some enemies other than those things we've seen so far.

Nessus

Huh. If they can get this out in time for Christmas, that would be big.

Right up there with Super Mario 3D for me.

the trailer on the website reminds me alot of 999 in some parts.
a ship, a dude with a gas-mask using some gas to get the main character unconscious.
cool!

Ydahs

This game is so far ahead of any other 3DS game in terms of graphics. Wouldn't look out of place in a Vita screenshot compilation.

Will buy.

New characters?
Shoe-horning it's storyline between numbered entries?
The old and tired 'i'm searching for my partner' mechanic is back again?
Tank controls now under water?
A boat that looks mysteriously like the old mansion setting?

Damn, I want to get hard but I only have a semi right now!

I still can't get over how they unnecessarily redesigned the older characters. Jill in REmake was pretty much perfectly designed. So was Chris. Sigh.

Anyway, Revelations looks promising. The new guy is gonna be zombie food in short order.

[Nintex]

Night_Trekker said:
I still can't get over how they unnecessarily redesigned the older characters. Jill in REmake was pretty much perfectly designed. So was Chris. Sigh.

Anyway, Revelations looks promising. The new guy is gonna be zombie food in short order.
I don't see anything wrong with how Jill looks.

[Nintex] said:
I don't see anything wrong with how Jill looks.

She's been redesigned once again, after REmake did a fine job making her look like a believable, real person. RE5's design is just boring. And of course it goes without saying that Chris's RE5 look is retarded.

But whatever. The game looks good so far.

beje

Banned
I think Claire and Rebecca are the only characters that look more or less the same throughout all the games. Jill has gone through so many redesigns (one per game) it's no longer funny.

I truly hope that they have some classic dialogue in the works for Parker. I mean look at him, he's practically shitty-amazing Resident Evil dialogue in human flesh.

Sadist

brandonh83 said:
I truly hope that they have some classic dialogue in the works for Parker. I mean look at him, he's practically shitty-amazing Resident Evil dialogue in human flesh.
Barry 2.0

jufonuk

not tag worthy
MrMister said:
Resident Evil 4.5 it is!
dont play with me man, I sex wee'd my pants at the thought of this

also capcom beef up the gun and combat sounds and I will white wee wee all over my face!!

Amalthea

Banned
Despera said:
Ancient trailer is ancient, but still awesome.

Anyways, I agree that we need to see more enemy types.

At least the dogs in the new scans look very different from the squid-zombies.

Sammy Samusu said:
Chris used to be my favorite male character from Resident Evil, but now he needs to chill on the pushups.

http://nintendoartwork.com/gallery/resident-evil-revelations/resident-evil-revelations-jill-parker-poster.jpg[IMG]

[I]:3[/I][/QUOTE]
Fat David Arquette is in this game? Day 1 purchase confirmed.

Sammy Samusu said:
Chris used to be my favorite male character from Resident Evil, but now he needs to chill on the pushups.

http://nintendoartwork.com/gallery/resident-evil-revelations/resident-evil-revelations-jill-parker-poster.jpg[IMG]

[I]:3[/I][/QUOTE]Holy...is that really Jill? She used to be so pretty and simple. Now she looks like she had some cosmetic work that went bad. Her face is too thick and her mouth is just ridiculous.

REmake Chris and RE5 Chris are still awesome, though.

sfried

dragonlife said:
Holy...is that really Jill? She used to be so pretty and simple. Now she looks like she had some cosmetic work that went bad. Her face is too thick and her mouth is just ridiculous.
At least she has her regular hair colours back.

Diablohead said:
Is it just me or does the first image remind me of the L shaped coradoor in RE1 near the plant/itchytastey/magnum tiger room? Same wallpaper and all.
imkkg0.png

revigc058.jpg

2.jpg

Original version had the wallpaper, and the remake the table with the candelabrum :p

Thanks for the heads up, I just visited the site because I'm afraid Capcom might cancel it if the site doesn't get enough hits.

Sectus

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Shoe-horning it's storyline between numbered entries?
The events in the game are hinted at by some files in RE5. So it's not like they're making everything up.

Night_Trekker said:
She's been redesigned once again, after REmake did a fine job making her look like a believable, real person. RE5's design is just boring. And of course it goes without saying that Chris's RE5 look is retarded.

But whatever. The game looks good so far.
RE5 Jill is the same as REmake Jill (well, besides outfit and hair that is). I am really puzzled why they decided to suddenly redesign her (but not Chris or other characters). Her new voice is much much worse than Patricia Lee.

Nemesis556 said:
Is it just possible they lost the rights to use Julia Voth's likeness for Jill?
Some fans interviewed Julia Voth a while back, she confirmed that Capcom has full rights to use her likeness for whatever they want.

Nemesis_

I know this is nitpicking and SHARP KNEES and stuff, but RE5 Jill has a MUCH bigger nose than REmake Jill. =(

Top Bottom