• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Provides a Peek at Metal Gear Solid 3DS's Photo Camouflage System

Andriasang said:
One of the new features of the 3DS version of Metal Gear Solid 3 is "Photo Camouflage." This system allows you to create camouflage for Snake by taking a picture of real world objects with your 3DS.

Hideo Kojima Tweeted a picture of the system in action today. As a target, he used a Bic Camera bag.

Source.

One of the only features that interests me so heavily in this game. Done are the days of trying out predetermined camos. Need a dark camo yet don't have it, take picture of a black panther.

Takao

Banned
2132457724.jpg

ANOTHER KONAMI 3DS GAME WITH SONY PRODUCT PLACEMENT

Anyone have any idea what the stuff on the bottom screen says?

Anyway, the only way for me to buy this game is if they manage to get the visuals closer to the Naked Sample. Seriously that was fantastic looking. The screens they have out right now look like a work in progress...they have the new shaders but they look like crap.

glaurung

Sorry about blurting out like that, but I am indeed frustrated with 3DS. Bought mine on launch day in the EU and until now it has been gathering dust in a drawer (plus the initial shock that Nintendo blocked all online functionality when I selected my true location from the list of countries; I later changed my location to UK and whaddaya know - online stuff begun working).

I am starved for proper 3DS games. This is coming from a man who sat with NDS lite for about two weeks straight after buying it. I don't think I have spent over 4h with the 3DS until now.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't know where to post this, but Kojima also tweeted some of the MGS2 and MGS3 Trophy and Achievement Icons.

1UDdd.jpg

glaurung

Holy crap the trophy icons look like the bee's knees.

However, does the photo camo system serve any real purpose? Does this mean that the game is able to run some epic algorithm across the photographed texture and then apply a percentage to it in terms of hiding capabilities? Epic when true.

Sorry about lashing out regarding 3DS dying and whatnot. It's early morning here, have not had caffeine yet, etc. Sorry again.

dc89

Huh? That 3DS has a coloured slide pad like the prototype's shown at various conferences.

:( I want a coloured slide pad.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
dc89 said:
Huh? That 3DS has a coloured slide pad like the prototype's shown at various conferences.

:( I want a coloured slide pad.

And the part with the 3D screen has a white board.
New dev kit unit, after the one with the red 3D slider?

Meisadragon said:

Are they kerotan's I see? Two playthroughs I did trying to get all of those little guys, I didn't succeed either time. I'm not going to fail this time.

The HD MGS3 is the reason I don't care about MGS3D.

Surely MGS4 is gonna get a trophy patch when/before the collection comes out? It would be ridiculous if the old games had it and not the most recent...

glaurung

Spiffy_1st said:
Are they kerotan's I see? Two playthroughs I did trying to get all of those little guys, I didn't succeed either time. I'm not going to fail this time.

Yeah those are Kerotans. God I hated the buggers.

What I dread more is the eat-all-game-animals trophy.

Takao

Banned
Pazuzu9 said:
Surely MGS4 is gonna get a trophy patch when/before the collection comes out? It would be ridiculous if the old games had it and not the most recent...

The most recent MGS game is getting trophies - Peace Walker.

Dachande

I don't know where the MGS Collection thread is, but he always just tweeted this on his English account (reversed into proper order and cleaned up):

HIDEO_KOJIMA
Metal Gear HD series. The domestic [Japanese] version is a package of MGS2 and MGS3.

HIDEO_KOJIMA
But, there is also a product code for MGS1, and MGS3 is subsistence specification, so MG1 and MG2 which were sold on MSX are included.

HIDEO_KOJIMA
This means, you can enjoy MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 with this one!

HIDEO_KOJIMA
Metal Gear HD series. Overseas [everywhere else, presumably] edition is a package of MGS2, MGS3 and PW.

HIDEO_KOJIMA
here is no product code for MGS1, but since MGS3 is subsistence specification, there are MG1 and MG2 which were sold on MSX.

HIDEO_KOJIMA
For this, you can enjoy MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3 and PW with this one!

HIDEO_KOJIMA
MGS2 HD is based on subsistence, but the sound for the domestic version is of course in Japanese. There are many questions about this.

Japanese version gets MGS1 download code in a box, US and European versions don't, for some reason. But MGS2 and 3 are definitely 100% confirmed to be their improved versions...

Takao

Banned
Dachande said:
I don't know where the MGS Collection thread is, but he always just tweeted this on his English account (reversed into proper order and cleaned up):

Japanese version gets MGS1 download code in a box, US and European versions don't, for some reason. But MGS2 and 3 are definitely 100% confirmed to be their improved versions...

US and Europe get Peace Walker in their collection. Japan doesn't.

Takao said:
The most recent MGS game is getting trophies - Peace Walker.
Ok ok. Lemme rephrase that. Surely it would be ridiculous to have trophies for every MGS game on PS3 apart from the one that was actually designed for the system? :p

PerZona

Spiffy_1st said:

Same, i was about to buy the 3DS because of the MGS3D, but after Kojima announce the MGS HD collection i am totally sold on the HD collection instead :D

uo9D4.jpg

W7z6r.jpg

looks neat, but $40 for a bare bone remake? if I hadn't played it before, I would have probably bought it, but now?

Same, i was about to buy the 3DS because of the MGS3D, but after Kojima announce the MGS HD collection i am totally sold on the HD collection instead :D
not that they are any better, last time I saw PW, it wasn't anywhere as good as I thought it would be and it was choppy, really choppy. thought they have confirmed 60fps...

Shiggy

What a great feature, makes it a completely new game on a system with only very few ports. Well done, Konami.

-Winnie-

Dachande said:

Is he saying that MG1 and MG2 from Subsistence will be in the package? If so, I think I may bite on this pack because I never got to play those two.

Dachande

-Winnie- said:
Is he saying that MG1 and MG2 from Subsistence will be in the package? If so, I think I may bite on this pack because I never got to play those two.

Yeah, I think so. Plus Subsistence itself.

Being the MGS whore that I am I will definetely buy the HD collection AND MGS3 3D.
Also I don't care if the MGS1 code isn't in the western boxes. First we get Peace Walker for it, which Japan doesn't, second MGS Twin Snakes is a better game overall anyway (at least graphics and controls wise, cutscenes are of course a subject of taste and I don't mind them).

Fuck yeah, my wallet hates me so much this year.

(Note: the hands in the above picture are not Hideo Kojima's.)

^Dammit :(

Photocamo is cool, nipple camo in 3...2...

MGS2 and MGS3 Achievements got me PUMPED.

Top Bottom