• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Complex 2 was put on hold for Infinity Blade

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
The worst news is worst.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/36599/GDC_Europe_Epics_Capps_On_Why_Shadow_Complex_2_Was_Shelved.php

"Shadow Complex was a huge success for us on Xbox Live Arcade," he explained. "It was described as the best title on XBLA and secured record sales and strong reviews across the world. We were some way into creating the sequel and it was already playing exceptionally well."

"But midway through development we decided to shift the entire team into working alongside our engine guys on an iOS title which went on to release as Infinity Blade," he said. Shadow Complex was developed by Epic-owned Chair Entertainment, which also developed Infinity Blade.
UPDATERS:

Okay, so SC2 was shelved for Infinity Blade, which has been out on iOS for some time.

There's still nothing indicating that they've gone back to SC2, but just a head's up that this isn't NEW news (other than the fact that SC2 was half-way finished, I guess).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Very disappointing to hear. It's one of those cases where you'd rather wish you didn't know about it.

This was in the "5 new IPs from Epic" thread, and yes, it definitely sucks. Here's hoping they come back to it one day.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Infinity Blade is a great iOS showcase...its not like they will never be able to continue workin on SC2.

Its all fine.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
NTBO7.jpg

DaBuddaDa

OK, well, now that Infinity Blade has been finished and out for a long, long time, that means they're finishing Shadow Complex 2 now. Right? Right guys?

LQX

At least there is hope we might still see it. First game is underrated classic. Anyone that loves Metroid should love that game.

Figures. This entire generation I was worrying about all of the wrong things, waggle, bro-gaming, etc.

Now I have an IOS future to look forward to. *makes throat-slitting motion*

Epic said they made a ton more money off Infinity Blade than off Shadow Complex. So it sounds like they made the right move, business wise.

Rad-

Neuromancer said:
Epic said they made a ton more money off Infinity Blade than off Shadow Complex. So it sounds like they made the right move, business wise.

Yep but they still made a lot of profit on SC as well. And it was a much better game.

FrankT

toythatkills said:
This implies that they're going to go back to it, and that the game exists.

I read it as good news.

One would hope.

Neuromancer said:

No question about that really. Still Shadow Complex has done what 500-600k on the leaderboards? Not chump change either.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Well, if it's any comfort, at least it was shelved for a good iOS game. Can't say I wouldn't have preferred Shadow Complex 2 though.

3N16MA

Banned
Infinity Blade is a showcase game for iOS and not that bad. It is also a successful money maker for Epic so I don't see the big problem. It's not like they jumped to make some turd.

Rad- said:
Yep but they still made a lot of profit on SC as well. And it was a much better game.

Doesn't change the fact that they made more money from IB.

SC being better in your opinion doesn't change that.

They made a good move.

Neuromancer said:
Its always important to have a diverse portfolio.
Also a new SC could have been realised across 360,PS3,Vita and Wii U (unless MS have a contract saying otherwise)

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
DaBuddaDa said:
OK, well, now that Infinity Blade has been finished and out for a long, long time, that means they're finishing Shadow Complex 2 now. Right? Right guys?
Barf, I read "Shadow Complex 2 Shelved" and the rest of the article sort of clouded up amidst my tears.

So yeah, I guess since it was shelved for Infinity Blade and that's been out for some time now, well I guess there might be some hope.

Keyser Soze said:
I probably played more Infinity Blade than Shadow Complex. Good move
I dont think I spent as much time on IB, but what time I did, I enjoyed it more than SC. I remember most of SC being kind of a pain in the ass.

KingDizzi

Banned
Billychu said:
I hated IB and loved SC. I'm not the only one, right?

If SC was some how worse than IB then I don't know how people can be upset by this news. I feel ripped off paying £1.80 for Infinity Blade, fucking 30 minute game that just repeats with "gonna avenge you daddy" or some shit.

diffusionx

Gold Member
3N16MA said:
Infinity Blade is a showcase game for iOS and not that bad. It is also a successful money maker for Epic so I don't see the big problem. It's not like they jumped to make some turd.

It also showed off the viability of their technology on iOS, so they can get some licensees.

Honestly it sounds like a no-brainer.

Top Bottom