• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 word NGamer tweet likens Fukushima to ExciteBots

[Nintex]

So yeah NGamer_mag just tweeted this:
Oh dear. Japan is getting Excitebots. First Fukushima, now this. Tough year.

idpUg.jpg

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with those people?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Two cases of bad taste.

They must hate Excitebots a lot. Basically they're saying its the second major disaster to hit Japan this year? Bit harsh, but quite normal for NGamer. It doesn't take things too seriously.

redlemon

Don't see anything wrong. N-Gamer is the British Nintendo mag right? There audience would be young teenagers. The jokes fine for the demographic.

Boney

Banned
redlemon said:
Don't see anything wrong. N-Gamer is the British Nintendo mag right? There audience would be young teenagers. The jokes fine for the demographic.
That's uh.. not the point

If you're interested:
Metacritic said:
NGamer UK
There's certainly lots of it, just not that much to it. [July 2009, p.68]

Now if it were the EDGE score and thought stream about that game I'd understand the comments...

But if you follows the chains of history back they were a bunch of jokahs in their NGC and N64 magazine days. "solve my maze" (of Superman 64) was a meme of theirs. Also they once responded to a letter complaining about a review score they gave with a templete they could cut out to replace the score...

Shiggy

Cannot say anything about Excitebots, but Excite Truck was pretty barebones and had not much "meat". Tweet itself isn't funny at all though.

djm

These stories always make me glad I didn't sign up for a Twitter account. Seems real easy to make an ass out of yourself, but of course it helps when you are a celebrity or something with 1,000+ followers.

C.T.

redlemon said:
Then what is it? They made a joke appropriate for they're audience. I doubt anyone annoyed by the comment reads their magazine on a regular basis.

a mag should have higher standards than assholes and therefore shouldn't try to cater to such demographics?

redlemon

C.T. said:
a mag should have higher standards than assholes and therefore shouldn't try to cater to such demographics?

Why? Are teenagers not allowed have magazines catered to them?
There are other publications which which hold themselves to higher standards
There's room for everybody you know.

qq more

redlemon said:
When did he say the magazine shouldn't cater to teenagers at all? Or are you assuming that every teenager are assholes and find these kind of distasteful jokes funny?

redlemon said:
There are other publications which which hold themselves to higher standards
There's room for everybody you know.
Maybe we should aspire to raise the bar of what is acceptable behavior and what's not so those asshole teenagers don't become asshole adults.

JUST A THOUGHT

immy said:
No one would care if this joke was nade about any other country. Stay strong weebo's
So what's sadder, the fact that you can't even type the verbal vomit you're spewing or that you thought it was a good idea to hit post after all that, anyway?

Top Bottom