• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qmpom.gif

Only 1 month away man! ONE. LONG. MONTH.

I don't say it like that, when it's that general it makes it seem like a much longer wait! There's only 26 days left till release!!!! WOOHOOOOO

zoukka

I don't think so. At least I didn't. I thought I read that there was going to be no digital download for CEs

Well that sucks, and yeah I meant that I could have a key also. Won't probably pre-order now because amazon never delivers on launch day.

Orgun

So my beta access was genuine :) - Battletag: OrgunUK#1632

Also, as soon as I turned off P2P my download speed went from 80kb to 700kb.

Orgun

if that's a chronic problem with your connection, why don't you call your provider and tell them to pull their shit together? :/

Have, annoying thing is that literally 1 minute walk from my house you can get 30mb fibre optic.

I pity people who live out in the sticks that want to play this. Me though, i'm fucking loving it!

Have played a Barbarian and Sorcerer so far. Both up to level 6 ish, deciding what to try next. :)

99%

I can't decide if I want a smoother framerate or better graphics.

1080p, texture high, shadows med, aa on = 35fps tops with dibs to 18 during massacres
720p, texture high, shadows med, aa on = stable 50 fps

Basicly the choice is between nice shadows and AA on 720p, or no shadows and AA on 1080p to have smooth sailing. My laptopn has a 1080p screen btw.

Laptop specs:

i7-2670
8GB Ram
Geforce 555

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

1080p, texture high, shadows med, aa on = 35fps tops with dibs to 18 during massacres
Hmm, first playthrough = Sexy graphics with dips
The 999+ other playthroughs = Lower graphics with stable fps

? :3

99%

Hmm, first playthrough = Sexy graphics with dips
The 999+ other playthroughs = Lower graphics with stable fps

? :3

I haven't thought of that even :)

Sounds pretty good. I mean the first playthrough solo a dip here and there prob won't kill me...

99%

Nah. Buy a new computer. It's your only real option. :p

I already bought this new laptop in November, mainly for D3 :)

I was debating between a better gpu vs better screen, but as I also want to edit photos/movies I bought the laptop with the best quality screen and colours/blackness (if you can believe, it's matte even, no glossy shit).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i7-2670
8GB RAM
Geforce 555GT
Wait a second here, how does this make any sense?! You should be maxing out the graphics with top notch framerate... for me, the beta runs at like 60fps, everything maxed@1080p and I have:

i5 2.6GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 560ti

99%

I'm assuming thats a desktop Yoshichan.

GTX 560 desktop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 555gt mobile

Wait a second here, how does this make any sense?! You should be maxing out the graphics with top notch framerate... for me, the beta runs at like 60fps, everything maxed@1080p and I have:

i5 2.6GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 560ti

I'm running something similar, but with an old Phenom II. 60fps here, too. :)

99%

560ti (desktop) gets 4050 in 3Dmark11
560m (laptop) gets 2050 in 3Dmark11
555m (laptop) gets 1300 in 3Dmark11

Difference between laptops and desktops guys, your card is 3x as powerful as mine :)

Yoshichan

Yeah I had no idea you were playing on a laptop, sorry :(

99%

Don't be sorry it's by choice, I knew what I was getting :p

Rage, Skyrim and Starcraft 2 do perform better then D3 though, but I'm guessing that's just optimization.

Yoshichan

But yeah I would go with high graphics first playthrough for two reasons, 1: You won't die anyway, framedrops probably won't hurt you 2: You'd want the game to look pretty the first time around!

:3

TylerD

But yeah I would go with high graphics first playthrough for two reasons, 1: You won't die anyway, framedrops probably won't hurt you 2: You'd want the game to look pretty the first time around!

:3

3. As Blizz is saying the beta is not optimized and when the retail version releases it will run much better.

Mr Swine

Banned

Basicly the choice is between nice shadows and AA on 720p, or no shadows and AA on 1080p to have smooth sailing. My laptopn has a 1080p screen btw.

Laptop specs:

i7-2670
8GB Ram
Geforce 555

My moms Laptop with the same specs (i7 2670QM with à 540gt) runs the game with everything maxed except AA and It runs smooth most of the time :)

99%

My moms Laptop with the same specs (i7 2670QM with à 540gt) runs the game with everything maxed except AA and It runs smooth most of the time :)

Which resolution? Smooth as in how many fps?

540m is 30% slower then the 555m so I doubt this is true unless the screen is 720p, in which case yeah I get 50fps too without dips. AA alone accounts for a 5/10fps drop btw at 1080p.

I'm such a nerd :(

foladar

I'll really be bummed if they wait until midnight PST to go live.

If they go live at 12am EST, you'd hope they would also allow all of the digital orders to go 'live' with the actual go live time, rather than wait for the west coast time to hit 12:00 or they'll have some mad customers. I think they're just going to wait until 12 on the west coast to avoid that situation, but we'll see. I'll get a physical copy if they're going to make me wait 3 hours to just buy it digitally.

KePoW

Banned
Which resolution? Smooth as in how many fps?

540m is 30% slower then the 555m so I doubt this is true unless the screen is 720p, in which case yeah I get 50fps too without dips. AA alone accounts for a 5/10fps drop btw at 1080p.

I'm such a nerd :(

I would just play at 1080p with no AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom