• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotBot

BattleTag: RotBot#1111

Did I just get lucky with the #1111? I thought I got it because I registered a unique name but apparently not?

Loto

5P6n0.png

This is all I get for shipping options. D:

Are you in the US?

I changed mine to release date delivery a couple weeks ago on the Diablo 3 CE. I just double checked my order details and it still says release date delivery, but, when I click change shipping speed, that option is no longer available. Looks like they're not offering it anymore if you didn't take advantage of it earlier...?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I changed mine to release date delivery a couple weeks ago on the Diablo 3 CE. I just double checked my order details and it still says release date delivery, but, when I click change shipping speed, that option is no longer available. Looks like they're not offering it anymore if you didn't take advantage of it earlier...?
Yeah, I bet Amazon sold through their first shipment and the ones you can purchase now are for a later shipment.

ToD_

I've had that happen to me before with a different order, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. For those in this situation I suggest calling Amazon. Not sure if they can resolve it but they've proven to be very helpful in the past.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hrmm...

Open beta weekend makes me think there should be a new thread. I don't really feel like starting it, though. Don't think I could do it justice.

Thrakier

I'm currently playing the beta. So far, as expected, I don't like the graphics at all, not the style, not the overall quality. Ok, I need to get over it I guess.

One thing though: Is there a way to NOT attack with your special attak?? One is on left mouse, one is on right mouse click...but I can't assign a normal attack...

99%

I'm currently playing the beta. So far, as expected, I don't like the graphics at all, not the style, not the overall quality. Ok, I need to get over it I guess.

One thing though: Is there a way to NOT attack with your special attak?? One is on left mouse, one is on right mouse click...but I can't assign a normal attack...

There is no point in using normal attack unless youre out of mana etc. in which case it will auto fire.

Thrakier

There is no point in using normal attack unless youre out of mana etc. in which case it will auto fire.

I hate that, terrible design decision imo. Why not making the normal attack worthwile and upgradeable? Spamming super attacks all the time is kinda...weird.

Also is it because of the beta that many items are not showing on the character yet, f.e. the belt?

Twinduct

Gah just wanted to see if there is a huge latency difference between the EU and US server. Guess the EU/ Asia server ain't up yet.

Come to think of it, open beta stress test might not be the best time to get real data in latency difference :S

99%

The normal attack is like a penalty for not paying attention, good mechanic. You have to keep looking and not spam one key like in D2. Takes a bit of time to get used to though I know.

Havent had issues with items not showing up in beta before, think servers are just fried.

chris-013

Played demon hunter and monk... DH feels like cheating, impale is very powerful. ^^
I really like the runed thunder strike of the monk who teleport to the monster and the purple glow is cool. ;p

Thrakier

The normal attack is like a penalty for not paying attention, good mechanic. You have to keep looking and not spam one key like in D2. Takes a bit of time to get used to though I know.

Havent had issues with items not showing up in beta before, think servers are just fried.

I don't know man. I'm attacking with my special attack and my rage meter actually fills. And it goes BOOM BOOM BOOM all time. Does feel like I'm throwing bombs or whatever and not like actually I'm fighting with a sword. Some sort of normal attack which can be enhanced (speed, elemental damage, whatever) and then use special attacks tactical and complementary would be much prefered as far as my current impressions go. It's just too over the top. But it probably does show the overall direction the game is heading...

With "not showing up" I meant the character f.e. doesn't show a new belt. It does show boots or a tunic though.

I know it sounds like I'm not enjoying it but I actually am and will definitly buy it. Though so far I think...a "real" D3 would be different and would have far more potential...

TylerD

Can't wait for you newbie Barbs to get to lvl 13 and try out the 2nd rune for bash for the first time. I think you will be pleased.

Thrakier

Can't wait for you newbie Barbs to get to lvl 13 and try out the 2nd rune for bash for the first time. I think you will be pleased.

Does it make "boom" as well? Soundeffects are highly annoying, at least for the barb.

EDIT:

It's just so stupid that you need your special attack to destroy the stuff in the enviroment. Your rage is depleted then because of that and you go on to kill the enemy. So far that's not a problem though because the game is easy as piss.

KePoW

Banned
I don't know man. I'm attacking with my special attack and my rage meter actually fills. And it goes BOOM BOOM BOOM all time. Does feel like I'm throwing bombs or whatever and not like actually I'm fighting with a sword. Some sort of normal attack which can be enhanced (speed, elemental damage, whatever) and then use special attacks tactical and complementary would be much prefered as far as my current impressions go. It's just too over the top. But it probably does show the overall direction the game is heading...

If you're implying that you'd rather see a boring normal attack with no special animations, instead of awesome-looking and great-sounding attacks... then I'd say you're in the vast minority of people.

In that case, maybe Diablo isn't the game for you.

99%

ou can use your normal rage generating attack to destroy stuff. The game is ment to have this boom heavy feel to combat.

What do you mean by a real d3?

KePoW

Banned
Does it make "boom" as well? Soundeffects are highly annoying, at least for the barb.

EDIT:

It's just so stupid that you need your special attack to destroy the stuff in the enviroment. Your rage is depleted then because of that and you go on to kill the enemy. So far that's not a problem though because the game is easy as piss.

Dude barbarian is the best class for combat feedback, almost everyone loves the pounding nature of the attacks. I really don't know what to say to you.

And I don't think you're playing the game right, you don't need to do resource-attacks to destroy objects. Sounds like you're just new to the game and don't know all the mechanics yet.

Whooter

AFAIK, the default left-mouse-button attack is your "primary attack" and generally generates whatever fuel (mana, spirit, rage, hatred, etc) is required by your right-mouse-button attack, which is your "special attack".

Or am I completely mistaken?

TylerD

EDIT:

It makes a BOOM-BOOM not just a BOOM... BOOM. You get a 2nd concussive blast on the second hit. I don't find the sound effects annoying because what I see happening on screen when I hit objects with it seems realistic for the amount of power that feels like is behind the skill.

Don't worry about difficulty, it ramps up quickly if the extra areas we had access to in the beta for a couple of days are any indication.

forrest

formerly nacire
I hate that, terrible design decision imo. Why not making the normal attack worthwile and upgradeable? Spamming super attacks all the time is kinda...weird.

Also is it because of the beta that many items are not showing on the character yet, f.e. the belt?

Belts do not cause a graphical change in your characters armor. When you have abilities that are of no cost, but do more damage than a normal attack, then what is the point of a normal attack? Also any damaging ability will destroy the environment objects. Use resource generators or spammable abilities if youre worried about wasting resources on breaking objects.

Thrakier

Dude barbarian is the best class for combat feedback, almost everyone loves the pounding nature of the attacks. I really don't know what to say to you.

And I don't think you're playing the game right, you don't need to do resource-attacks to destroy objects. Sounds like you're just new to the game and don't know all the mechanics yet.

I think it's overdone by a large margine. It's like a parody. The game basically consists only of superowers now that normal attack is gone. Makes it even more look like a comic while D2 or D1 had more of a "semi realistic" approach. Please don't get hang up on "semi realistic" now, I know that those games weren't realistic as well. You know what I mean I guess.

And I also think that the soundeffect per se is annyoing. I'd rater prefere a nice "slash" or whatever, a sound that implies somehing "sharp" is cutting into demon flesh. Not just a Boom like you are constantly throwing handgrenades. That's fucking stupid, it's getting on my nervs superfast. It just doesn't sound right in my ears.

EDIT;

Seems like th ere are more complaints about that.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253897670

I really really hope they change that back. Throwing spiders all the time is even more annoying than using special attacks all the time. It's super immersion breaking. If I find an awesome sword I want to just swing that sowrd without anything else. And if a super badass opponent comes and I need that extra oomph, I want to use a skill. But NOT all the f.u.c.k.i.n.g. time. Having no regular attack takes the fun out of special attacks because, well, they aren't so special anymore. It's like 2d beat'em up where you only throw fireballs all the time without the chance killing your opponent with a nice kick to the face. It's dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom