• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain TGS Trailer

Suzuki Yu

Story Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-binary-domain/720784

you can watch the full conference here
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17281096

which includes
- story trailer (at 04:54)
- Cast Trailer (at 07:53)
- gameplay trailer (at 10:40)
- Live Demo (at 18:10)

EDIT:
Suzuki Yu said:

jett

D-Member
Thanks a million.

I don't understand why it was so laggy for me when it was live.

Looks pretty good, a decent GOW-clone at least. I just wish it wasn't so grey, it's really unappealing. I didn't like that color scheme in Vanquish and I still don't like it here.

C-Jo

I'm still not sold on the gameplay, but the story looks to be right up my alley. I'll give Nagoshi the benefit of the doubt this time.

EXGN

How was the shooting in the Yakuza zombie game?

Going from what I've seen, I'm digging it. Looks like Gears + crazy batshit Japanese drama. Love the story of the Yakuza games, so if it ends up being a pretty competent shooter with an interesting story, I'll bite.

Edit: What a boring stage demo though. Couldn't have shown a boss or something?

The game mechanics in the Of The End demo were horrendous. Playable, but just not fun or up to any standard.
This looks very different, though.

Suzuki Yu

EXGN said:
Edit: What a boring stage demo though. Couldn't have shown a boss or something?
it was a demo to show you the voice recognition system
and it's quite great and responsive i can tell

glaurung

It still looks rather generic, but I like the way the cinematography is handled in these trailers. Either the game itself is a proper cinema experience or the trailer has been cut together so well - who knows.

It looks like a proper game now. Unless it turns out to be an absolute turd and previews will hate on it, I might just as well get this.

When's it due?

it does look good. however, i'm definitely going to pass if it's just another cover shooter. but if we're talking about vanuqish quality here....

Suzuki Yu

SLEEPS7ALK3R said:
Watching the story trailer got me interested but man is this a BLATANT Gears Of War rip-off, or what?
using Gears of war shooting mechanics and control (the best system available) doesn't necessarily means "Gears Of War rip-off"
and no it's not another shooter that will add nothing to the genre! between the procedural damage system (which is the best I've ever seen in any game), the trust system and the voice recognition alongside an involving story and drama ... this game has what makes it stand in it's own.

Eh I dunno, it's like the first 25 seconds of the story trailer are awesome, and then Japanese dudebro happens.

Well, at least until the pregnant robot.

I've always thought this game looked great. And I still think that. it's got a very nice sleek look, plus it has those Yakuza faces that look great. I'm pretty excited for this one.

Yuterald

Watched the story and gameplay trailers. As always, I NEED THIS GAME INJECTED INTO MY VEINS.

Binary Domain GOTY 12'
unless Bayonetta 2 comes out

RiZ III

The visuals look reaaaallly clean. I was expecting something frantic like Vanquish though =/ The AI looks a bit dumb but it's a work in progress.

Looks pretty wowsome.

I like it.

The story sounds good, even though they'll probably drop the ball on it somewhere.

EDIT: You can use your microphone to give commands!?? fuck yeahs!

Reminds me of a team based Vanquish minus the adrenaline fueled knee dashing. not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer adrenaline fueled knee dashing when it comes to shooting robots

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Floaty animations with no weight
Shooting looks stale
Visually the game looks good but its looks to clean which makes things look out of place. Some dirt here and there wouldn't hurt them

Story Trailer looks cool but the gameplay looks like something I would buy at 20$

Duffyside

Banned
While I think this game looks surprisingly good, especially after a shitty first trailer, I hope it doesn't do so well that SEGA abandons VANQUISH.

Kyoufu

duffyside said:
While I think this game looks surprisingly good, especially after a shitty first trailer, I hope it doesn't do so well that SEGA abandons VANQUISH.

Any post where someone has ill wishes for a game makes my brain hurt.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
What the...
This game looks pretty good and interesting. Robots having babies you say?
duffyside said:
What a childish thing to type.

Riposte

This game is looking better and better. Probably won't be as good as Vanquish or Gears of War 3, but I can live with that.

Barakov

Gold Member
The concept alone has me interested. Hopefully, it plays more like Gears and less like that other one.

thuway

Please tell me this game has Co-Op.

Online and offline plz.

Dacon

Banned
Is this 4-player co-op?

I don't give a fuck about it playing like Gears since I love TPS games and will take them over another FPS anyday.

Suzuki Yu

thuway said:

Online and offline plz.
a co-op mode is planned aside from the original story mode which is a "single player only" due to the concept of the game.
but up to now there are no any details given yet.

Top Bottom