• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi TGS Press Conference Thread [Disgaea Android, Clan Of Champions]

The Nippon Ichi 2011 TGS press conference will be starting in about 10 minutes. Unfortunately I can't find any liveblogs, but I will update if I find anything and of course with any news that comes out.

When:
JST: September 16, 11:30 AM
EST: September 15, 10:30 PM
GMT: September 16, 2:30 AM

What to Expect:

- More details on Disgaea 3 Returns, scheduled for the Vita launch.

- More details on the other three games known to be in development at Nippon Ichi:

1. An action RPG from the Prinny team with full polygon visuals. We'll get our first look in about a month. Platform is unspecified.

2. An all new title from the Disgaea team. This is said to have the visual quality of the illustrations from Disgaea 4. The staff is using the knowhow it gained from Disgaea 4 for networking and other areas. The game will have a famous illustrator for its character designs. Platform is unspecified.

3. A new title from System Plasma, makers of Classic Dungeon. Platform is unspecified.

We should at least see the Prinny team's title, since the time frame is right.

- An announcement concerning NIS publishing a 3DS game that was "popular overseas." It's most likely Cave Story 3D.

- At the same time as the conference, NIS America will be announcing new games for localization.

Get hyped, dood!

NEWS:

- NISA announcements:

Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound (Android). Item World spinoff of Disgaea; free-to-play with microtransations.

Clan of Champions (PS3, 360, and PC). This is Acquire's Gladiator Vs. (sequel to Gladiator Begins, PSP)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (PS3)

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Disgaea 3 Returns, Vita)

Hmm, there's probably no chance they'd be talking about worldwide DLC for D4, right?

Maybe they'll mention something about the MK port, though there's probably nothing to say about it.

AniHawk

2Oa2A.jpg

Arcblade

Banned
Master Milk said:
Hmm, there's probably no chance they'd be talking about worldwide DLC for D4, right?

Maybe they'll mention something about the MK port, though there's probably nothing to say about it.

I hope not.

I'm just starting the game, lol.

Codeblue

Maybe none of the press showed up.

The presenter is just there, announcing new NIS games to an empty theater. Sort of appropriate if you think about it.

Angelus Errare said:
It's 11:26pm EST, shouldn't it have happened or was that suppose to be the 16th in OP?

I'm sure it's happening, but no one seems to be covering it live. Hopefully we'll get some news at least within the next hour.

Chocoboko said:
Ya...this is kind of sad. :(

lol, I'm sure we'll get details later.

ps: Summer Wars is awesome as a matter of fact I'll watch it again before going to bed tonight and I blame you and your avatar for that.

madmaxx350 said:

That's if they actually announced something new. They did say that it would be announced at the end of the month, so it's possible that they'll do that in Famitsu.

Chocoboko

madmaxx350 said:

ps: Summer Wars is awesome as a matter of fact I'll watch it again before going to bed tonight and I blame you and your avatar for that.
Mwahaha! My plan to spread the joy that is Summer Wars is working!

The Original Disgaea Is Headed to Android Devices

NIS America will be publishing a version of the original Disgaea for Android devices, titled Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound, for free.

For revenue, the game will have purchasable items on the Android marketplace, although the details and pricing of these are unknown.

Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound is slated for release this fall.

NIS America's First Game on 360 and PC is Clan of Champions

Gladiator Vs. was only announced by Acquire last month, but NIS America have already picked the game up for a North American and Europe release. The localized version will be titled Clan of Champions.

In Clan of Champions, you can either play in 3-person team co-op mode or 3 vs. 3 head-to-head mode. The game now includes orcs and elves for more of a fantasy feel than that of its predecessor on PSP.

Clan of Champions is slated for release in spring of 2012. While Acquire are only releasing the game on the PlayStation 3 in Japan, NIS America’s version will be for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

jackdoe

hosannainexcelsis said:
- NISA announces Clan of Champions for PS3, 360, and PS3. This is Acquire's Gladiator Vs. (sequel to Gladiator Begins, PSP)
Gotta fix that. I did a double take as to why you'd mention PS3 twice.

Lol, Disgaea on the android. Sounds nice, and free is a bonus and hopefully it will look better than the DS game.

And microtransations too? Sounds awesome.

I really don't care for Clan of Champions one bit though.

Top Bottom