• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA Announces Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita)

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/15/nis-america-will-pull-disgaea-3-absence-of-detention-out-of-the-netherworld/

NIS America have announced that they’re releasing Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice next year. Wait, no – we mean Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, which is their name for Disgaea 3 Return on PlayStation Vita.

Absence of Detention has new characters, stories, and systems, not all of which have been revealed yet. One of the new features is Geo Blocks, which allow you to manipulate a stage’s rules and reach enemies that would normally be out of reach.

Geo Panels complement Geo Blocks. You can place the blocks on the panels for effects such as EXP bonuses or invincibility. All panels of the same colour will share the effect caused by the Geo Block. NISA also mention “Item Worlds,” which are randomly-generated battle stages within items you pick up. You can clear these to boost the item’s power.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is slated for a spring 2012 release in the U.S. and Europe.

Even though this was a pretty much a given for coming out, this will probably be one of the reasons I'm picking up a Vita now.

ShadiWulf

Never played Disgaea 3, so I'll just wait for this now. Going to buy Disgaea 4 soon.

Vita is getting a lot of good games I want.

Definitely getting. D3 was my favorite Disgaea and I would surely try to get as many hours of playtime as I did in the PS3 version as this (160). I loved the Diez Gentlemen subplot.

TGMIII

I'm guessing this won't come with all the DLC, which NIS will then release for a stupid amount of money :(

On the fence about this one.

idlewild_

I'm confused. From what I remember, there was item world in D3 and there were stages with geo-blocks/panels...I guess the blocks have different properties?

awwyeahgurrl said:
I'm guessing this won't come with all the DLC, which NIS will then release for a stupid amount of money :(

On the fence about this one.

What do you mean? The game includes all the DLC and everything else extra they released on it already (Characters, music, etc).

This version includes all of the PlayStation 3 downloadable content – 29 save icons, 49 songs, item world command attack mode, classroom command attack, item world survival attack, the Raspberyl chapters, and 26 downloadable characters. Disgaea 3 Return also has four brand new scenarios and two extra characters. Tera tier spells are new for Disgaea 3 Return too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahahahaha. Another Colbert"ICalledIt".gif moment for me.

Knew a Disgaea 3 port was going to happen for one of the PSP's. Guess it was meant to be 2. :(

I'm just starting with Disgaea, so I'm happy with this, I rather play this game in Vita than in PS3 with pixelated sprites. This version comes with all the DLC, right?.

Not surprised this is coming to Vita. I thought they'd release Disgaea 4 first but I guess I can expect them to release that a year later as well.

Love to have Disgaea 4 on the Vita!

styl3s

Just when i complete my collection of all niche (atlus etc) limited edition/collectors edition games (just got my trails LE) and all the jrpg stuff on PSP now i gotta start all over on Vita? Almost have all of them on ps3 as well.

Damn you sony.. TAKE ALL MY MONEY.. oh well i guess this is a good sign x-seed, atlus etc. will be churning out those oh so delicious games on the vita.

salromano said:
Five minute trailer released today (of the Japanese version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU_MR9esdY

I like the narrators.
i need this in my life right now..

Between all the shit coming out this month, black friday and vita coming early next year my debit card is going to melt.

Takao

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Not surprised this is coming to Vita. I thought they'd release Disgaea 4 first but I guess I can expect them to release that a year later as well.

Love to have Disgaea 4 on the Vita!

I fully expect every game NIS makes on an HD platform on Vita at some point.

Top Bottom