• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword new media depot [Latest: Lyre Trailer] [Spoilers may vary]

Pretty sick of waiting for this game, this thread everyday just makes it worse. And not only that but Nov is going to be a crazy month for me between my PC and Wii. Can't wait, I can already see Skyrim and Batman taking a backseat.

RPGCrazied

Freaking hell. How are people getting it so early? That's pretty early for review copies. If its already gone gold, ship this early. Please Nintendo? ;/

Myriadis said:
How about a tracklist (with the song lengths)? You can spoiler tag it.

the 1up guy holds the track listing in to the camera

from what i can gather

3. The Wind Waker Symphonic (?) M....
4. Gerudo Valley
5. something someting Fairy Theme
6. Twilight Princess Symphonic (?) M....
7. The Legend of Zelda Maine Theme Medley
8. Ballad of the something ... Skyward Sword

BY2K

Membero Americo
RPGCrazied said:
Freaking hell. How are people getting it so early? That's pretty early for review copies. If its already gone gold, ship this early. Please Nintendo? ;/

3 weeks should be right enough for a game like Skyward Sword. (Which takes 35 hours alone if you don't do sidequests.)

GJS

Diprosalic said:
the 1up guy holds the track listing in to the camera

from what i can gather

3. The Wind Waker Symphonic (?) M....
4. Gerudo Valley
5. something someting Fairy Theme
6. Twilight Princess Symphonic (?) M....
7. The Legend of Zelda Maine Theme Medley
8. Ballad of the something ... Skyward Sword
1. The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley
2. Kakariko Village Twilight Princess Theme
3. The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement
4. Gerudo Valley
5. Great Fairy's Fountain theme
6. Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement
7. The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley
8. Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword

GJS said:
4. Gerudo Valley

is this already known or did you get that from 1up? if its the latter then tell me how.

edit:
ugh: cross checking with the concert track list, that would have been easy.
well there you go this is your track listing.

RPGCrazied

BY2K said:
3 weeks should be right enough for a game like Skyward Sword. (Which takes 35 hours alone if you don't do sidequests.)

Well, most game reviewers don't play the whole game. I'm sure its the first 5 hours, its done many times before.

And I thought review copies was just a disc in a sleeve. People are getting the whole box and everything. If its ready, why can't this be sold? its going to be Arkham City all over again. Gamestop I bet already has it in the back, but just can't sell it yet. lol

MisterHero

The concert selection was nice but I wanted more NES music, especially for an orchestrated version of LoZ's dungeon theme or AoL's title theme

also, dat shiny box

GJS

Diprosalic said:
is this already known or did you get that from 1up? if its the latter then tell me how.
I matched up the 1up video with the Zelda Symphony set-list and used the other language listings below to help figure them out too.

GJS said:
I matched up the 1up video with the Zelda Symphony set-list and used the other language listings below to help figure them out too.

kqiI7.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
RPGCrazied said:
Well, most game reviewers don't play the whole game. I'm sure its the first 5 hours, its done many times before.

Making a review based only on the first 5 hours is a very, very bad thing. You MUST play the whole game before making a review. Plus, if Gametrailers wants to spoil anything like they always do, they need to play the whole game and record it.

oatmeal

Banned
Hmmm...

My hype actually DECREASED after seeing the opening video.

Text windows that stop the progression of the scene are really annoying and archaic. In the intro video with the evolving art and whatnot, it looks great! But when there's a cinema, and everything stops until you read and press A...

That just looks dumb.

(EDIT)

And yes, I know it's always been like that and it was never really an issue. It just really stood out.

Kard8p3

oatmeal said:
Hmmm...

Text windows that stop the progression of the scene are really annoying and archaic. In the intro video with the evolving art and whatnot, it looks great! But when there's a cinema, and everything stops until you read and press A...

That just looks dumb.

(EDIT)

And yes, I know it's always been like that and it was never really an issue. It just really stood out.

How is your hype decreased because of that? We've known it would be like that since E3. It'll always be like that till they get voice acting and even then it could still do it. Anyway stuff like that won't have an effect on the overall game anyway.

Myriadis

GJS said:
4. Gerudo Valley

Quite funny that 1Up revealed it, although Zane and the IGN guy weren't allowed to do this. Wonder if that will have consequences for them.

Thanks for the tracklist,sounds really good, quite some longtracks on it.

Big One

Banned
oatmeal said:
Hmmm...

That just looks dumb.

(EDIT)

Umm I'm pretty positive you don't press anything during the text in the intro.

Theonik

Myriadis said:
Quite funny that 1Up revealed it, although Zane and the IGN guy weren't allowed to do this. Wonder if that will have consequences for them.

Thanks for the tracklist,sounds really good, quite some longtracks on it.
I don't think they were intending to reveal it. lol Probably won't hear of any reciprocations if there are any.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Zane said:
No.

Wait, what am I doing. No, no I am not having this argument for the billionth time.

Just tell me why, I won't go crazy.

I mean, some reviews tell you how long the game is, obviously you need to play the whole thing to know.

Zane

BY2K said:
Just tell me why, I won't go crazy.

I mean, some reviews tell you how long the game is, obviously you need to play the whole thing to know.

I feel like in most games, as long as you get through a sizable amount (2/3rds or so), then you really know everything you need to know in order to write a good review. Most games stop introducing new mechanics and such after a certain point. And even if they don't stop, then it's probably too late to make a big impact on your review.

Zane said:
I feel like in most games, as long as you get through a sizable amount (2/3rds or so), then you really know everything you need to know in order to write a good review. Most games stop introducing new mechanics and such after a certain point. And even if they don't stop, then it's probably too late to make a big impact on your review.

This is true for many games but you are still missing out on pieces of the game. Personally I don't believe that they have to 100% the game but finish the main story, absolutely. You can't say you have truly played the whole game until you do so.

Imagine if someone played 2/3 of MGS3, are you seriously going to tell me he played enough to write a good review. The ending of that game is mindblowing earthshattering amazing that makes the game so much better.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Platy said:
The kotaku destroyed box was sooo sad =(

"it smells like happyness"

and people complain about the dude dancing =P

I'm tempted to wear my Link Halloween costume on the release day.

And wear it while playing. :0
FULL VISCERAL IMMERSION!

ASIS

RPGCrazied said:
Maybe they will shock us and announce an earlier release date. We can dream, right?
17 days is nothing compared to what we've been waiting, yet I would cream my pants if this actually happens.

God, so close, so close!

Diortem7

So are the standard edition copies going to have the same boxart as the ones shown in the videos, or are they going to look like this?:
51pc1hK5YkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm not a fan of the blue "Includes Zelda CD" that's on the top-left corner.

The image source is Amazon, btw.

fernoca

Diortem7 said:
So are the standard edition copies going to have the same boxart as the ones shown in the videos, or are they going to look like this?:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pc1hK5YkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
I'm not a fan of the blue "Includes Zelda CD" that's on the top-left corner.

The image source is Amazon, btw.
At the moment, it points to ..yep.

The pic of the display and the boxes, shows it:

pT4Ju.jpg

2mTIt.jpg

IGN's pic shows that the one in the bundle doesn't; maybe it will be as a sticker in the final retail copies?

GnT5x.jpg

Top Bottom