• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 dashboard 2.0.14448.0 XDK (Fall 2011) leaks on to the web

clav

Update!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNXk2jIze8

Another video surfaced showing off the new sign in screen, cloud storage settings, and IPTV.

x5dCC.jpg

qfeDV.jpg

wNiYL.jpg

ehdaG.jpg

4Xlvz.jpg

8MMhz.jpg

mVh8Q.jpg

---

Source of the leak is unknown at this time, but someone posted a YouTube video of it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls-uG4fDpkE

Original information is from here: http://digiex.net/digiex/news-article-submission/9458-xbox-360-dashboard-2-0-14448-0-xdk-leaks.html

u2ffn.png

H4sF1.png

sZ0CK.png

9sujD.png

0SiVA.png

KPzUM.png

25wWC.png

pelican

I really need to try it first hand. I'm not really interested in using the kinect to control the dashboard. Using a controller will still be faster and more convenient imo.

Jb

No screencap of the "Games" tab? :/ Maybe this time the XBLA and games on demand I bought won't be hidden in a fucking sub-menu.

pelican

MikeE21286 said:
I am excited for this.

The current 360 UI is a mess

The problem is the final live build will be full of ads. Great pay for a service to be treated to a bucket load of ads.

dogmanstaruk said:
The problem is the final live build will be full of ads. Great pay for a service to be treated to a bucket load of ads.

Ads of what? current game deals and content on the service? I'm ok with that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cjelly said:
What's the point if you can't connect to Live?

Poke and test for ARRRRRRRRRRRR.

Square Triangle said:
Kind of excited for my 360 to look like my PS3

Except with thousands of ads to accompany it.
LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMMMBLLLLLEEEEE

Emitan

dogmanstaruk said:
I figured out how to get rid of ads. I never connect my 360 to the internet anymore.

ShaneB

I always geek out for new software updates (I don't know why), so this is neat to me. Or at least I geek out for UI changes.

Emitan

charsace said:
I'll never understand why ads on the dashboard bothers people. Does it break immersion or something?
Because if you're paying for something that's free you shouldn't see ads.

def sim

Zeouterlimits said:
That'd be November 15th 2012, not 2011.

Well then, nevermind.

I'm guessing they will be doing a preview program for this update soon enough. Hopefully it doesn't disable party chat again since it's seeing a lot of use from me lately.

epmode

charsace said:
I'll never understand why ads on the dashboard bothers people.
I'll never understand why it doesn't bother some people. Seriously, absolutely confounded.

But if there's anything I learned from professional sports, I must be in the minority.

Dany

Banned
Billychu said:
Because if you're paying for something that's free you shouldn't see ads.

Maybe I don't turn my xbox on enough but isn' it mostly game related stuff? Ads for add-ons, demos, trials and upcoming games. I dunno, I find that useful and is a kind of a good way to be inside the loop of when DLC drops.

I think I saw it on reddit, but someone posted a picture where they demonstrate that the "Missuse of space" was suppose to be the big fad these days. This looks very similar.

Dany

Banned
Anslon said:
I think I saw it on reddit, but someone posted a picture where they demonstrate that the "Missuse of space" was suppose to be the big fad these days. This looks very similar.

Yeah, big empty spaces and letting items 'breath' on a page is becoming a 'thing' now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dany M said:
Maybe I don't turn my xbox on enough but isn' it mostly game related stuff? Ads for add-ons, demos, trials and upcoming games. I dunno, I find that useful and is a kind of a good way to be inside the loop of when DLC drops.

There are three sets of "ads":

1) Actual ads. Axe body spray, Sprint, Ford, whatever. Often these are sound-activating as well so when you mouse over them, you get an obnoxious blast of crap. I hate these.

2) Ads for movies, music, tv shows, and other non-game content. I'd rather turn these off.

3) Ads for game-related content; deal of the week, new XBLA releases, free video content like Major's Minute and those stupid IGN achievement guides, and other game-related stuff. I don't mind these.

I think you'll find that there are some people who basically want their PS3/360 to be a PS2; boot to menu, it has two choices, manage memory or launch game. There are some people who like all the features but don't want any product awareness stuff. There are some people who like the product awareness stuff but not the ads. There are some people that don't mind any of the advertising.

def sim

Video game ads in the games section aren't a problem for me. More than likely, they're shortcuts to DLC/XBLA stuff I'm interested in. The random ads are usually in the community area, which honestly, they can do whatever they want with because I never go there.

Top Bottom