• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thi4f storyboards appear online

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lqTGb.jpg

7WTXp.jpg

VaPmg.jpg

tIT9u.jpg

looks... interesting

ced

I refuse to get too excited about Thief 4, but Eidos did very well with Deus Ex 3 so there is still hope. Thief 2 is one of my favorite games ever, they have some higher expectations to meet than even Deus Ex.

Looks cool, I always hear a lot of good from this series.

Hey subversus, I want to get into this series but I know nothing of it or where to start. Should I start from a certain game and wiki the lore/story of the others or start from scratch? Thanks.

glaurung

Acidote said:
Get rid of the "Thi4f" stupid name. There's nothing wrong in naming it Thief 4.
They will go down the same road as with Deus Ex.

Expect the final game title to be something akin to Thief: Cover of Darkness

No numbers mentioned at all.

subversus

we.are.the.armada said:
Looks cool, I always hear a lot of good from this series.

Hey subversus, I want to get into this series but I know nothing of it or where to start. Should I start from a certain game and wiki the lore/story of the others or start from scratch? Thanks.

Thief games are meant to be played. The story is good but you need to experience the game because it's not Uncharted experience with setpieces, in-game cutscenes and so on.

Also if you are not used to old PC games I'd recommend starting with the last one.

And if you have Doom 3 on PC you can download The Dark Project Mod. It's essentially Thief but without IP license.

SPEA

glaurung said:
They will go down the same road as with Deus Ex.

Expect the final game title to be something akin to Thief: Cover of Darkness

No numbers mentioned at all.
Yup. They'll probably just end up subtitling it. Which is fine.

I have huge levels of faith in Eidos Montreal after Deus Ex:HR, and those storyboards look like the game is on the right track.

Also, it looks like Garrett doesn't have a mechanical eye anymore...

Unless that isn't Garrett, or it's a prequel.

subversus

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I have huge levels of faith in Eidos Montreal after Deus Ex:HR, and those storyboards look like the game is on the right track.

[/spoiler]

I like the one with birds. I think it will be great to crawl around cages and avoid disturbing the birds.

Dascu

Human Revolution was solid. Not amazing, but overall a good game. If this is the same studio and team, then I'm rather hopeful that we'll get a competent Thief game.

subversus

Dascu said:
Human Revolution was solid. Not amazing, but overall a good game. If this is the same studio and team, then I'm rather hopeful that we'll get a competent Thief game.

the same studio but not the same team.

Azih

The Thief series is going to be harder to stay true to than Deus Ex. It's an incredibly unique and rich universe.

rosaceadude2112 said:
I wonder if those are meant to later be animated in the same style as the other games' cutscenes. That'd be pretty sick.
I really really hope so. I'm going to be so burned if they fail to produce a game that's faithful to Thief 1 and 2. I'm only at the beginning of Thief 3, but so far, it doesn't feel too much like a Thief game. I'll definitely need to play it more to get a solid feeling for it.

Azih said:
The Thief series is going to be harder to stay true to than Deus Ex. It's an incredibly unique and rich universe.
Exactly. It's a very difficult task. Human Revolution was a very flawed game that ended up disappointing me in the end. I know a different team within Eidos Montreal is working on this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, about the storyboards: If that's Garrett, they better not forget the fact that he has a Mechanist eye. It would be a HUGE thing to miss.

SPEA said:
Yup. They'll probably just end up subtitling it. Which is fine.
Yeah, I hope so. "Thi4f" doesn't make any sense.

Horns

If T4 can stay true to it's roots while being modernized like DE:HR, we could have a GotY contender.

ctrayne

ITT: Too much speculation. ;) Storyboards are always very very simple in design. Don't worry about details like the Mechanist eye.

Also, whats with all the DXHR whining? It's the best game that came out this year.

trw

I hope they don't portray the pagans as they did in thief 3, didn't care much for the over the top language. Will be interesting to see what they try to explore now since 1 had the pagans, 2 had the mechanists and 3 had the keepers.

pa22word

Human Revolution was amazing. I expect Thief 4 to be no different...

Now if only they'd get rid of that fucking e=4 thing >_<

Fodder76

Really looking forward to this, and will buy no matter what. But as others have said, PLEASE take the 4 out of the name. Not many things really get on my nerves, but that does.

Fodder76 said:
Really looking forward to this, and will buy no matter what. But as others have said, PLEASE take the 4 out of the name. Not many things really get on my nerves, but that does.

The name is Thief 4. Thi4f is the logo. Neither is final.

subversus said:
Thief games are meant to be played. The story is good but you need to experience the game because it's not Uncharted experience with setpieces, in-game cutscenes and so on.

Also if you are not used to old PC games I'd recommend starting with the last one.

And if you have Doom 3 on PC you can download The Dark Project Mod. It's essentially Thief but without IP license.

Gotcha, I'm definitely going to jump in.

ColonelVirus

Neo Member
YES! Man I loved the thief series, 2 was one of my favourite games. The third one made me want to shoot myself in the face. I hope they make this game more like the first two, man can't wait XD damn it. Already excited doesn't even have a trailer.

Blizzard

Banned
Stalking skeleton-ghoul women: The Game.

It's hard to tell much from those pictures. The bird (raven?) scene looks cool though.

subversus said:

What pa22word said, and more. At least 2-3 sources have indicated it's UE3.

Also, to the topic:

myoji5k70.jpg

• Developing pre-production concepts into fully-designed systems (rewards schedule, shops, escape gates, public zones, etc.)

• Designing the side-content of the game's hub: activities, enticers, goals, flow and rewards

• Formulating the design guidelines for “extreme situations”; memorable scripted sequences with altered controls, camera and/or gameplay rules.

Top Bottom