• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resume Rumors: Resident Evil 6 set in China

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/01/is-resident-evil-6-set-in-china/

While the Resident Evil series began in America, Capcom brought zombie invasions to other continents. Leon traveled to Europe for Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 was set in Africa. Will Resident Evil 6 take place in China? The Silent Chief found a voice actor resume that may hint at the game’s setting. Voice actress Wendy Mok who played an islander in Dead Island lists Chinese villager/zombie as a role for Resident Evil 6.

Ms. Mok removed her credit page, but still lists Resident Evil 6 as a project she is involved in on LinkedIn. The news comes a day after Siliconera discovered Resident Evil 6 on another voice actor’s resume.

demolitio

That's a shitload of zombies to kill...

That'd actually be a pretty nice change of pace. Will it be considered racist like RE5 was though? :p

eXistor

I don't give a damn where it's set, as long as it's a return to survival-horror and adventure-style gameplay.

Gambit

China as a setting sounds like a great idea. I approve.

If the game features a Asian male lead, then I will be ok with this.

I want a female lead! Ada Wong would work, but I'd rather have someone "frail". The main character should not be physically imposing like steroid-Chris. (Best case scenario: all characters are Asian, and new to the series.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope it's Claire Redfield with a new Asian guy.

It'll be a black male lead and Chris will be the sidekick.

Ada is going to be the new Wesker and Jill be the new medic like Rebecca chambers. Sheva will be our new communications officer like that woman in RE4.

Lakitu

st5fu
It would be a nice setting. But that's not good enough for me, no more co-op bullshit and a return to it's horror roots. Only then I'll be looking forward to it.

filler

Banned
If the game features a Asian male lead, then I will be ok with this.

JackieChanWins-1.jpg

Rolf NB

I really hope to see a new protagonist who has Chinese, African, Swedish and Iranian grandparents, raised in Australia, studied in the UK, works in Brazil. And a flock of 256 children with all possible permutations of descent. And that the protag's entire purpose is to protect them. They could keep saying things like "They're all equally precious to me", "I would never trade a single one of them for another" and so on. Just to shut everyone up about that racism shit.

Please make it set in ancient China and with 'Chinese zombies/vampires' that you have to kill with swords or tame with the yellow paper things.
chinesevampires1.jpg

Oh man, I don't think I have ever heard of any game like that... at least on consoles.

...never going to happen though.

Medalion

Banned
Please make it set in ancient China and with 'Chinese zombies/vampires' that you have to kill with swords or tame with the yellow paper things.
chinesevampires1.jpg

Oh man, I don't think I have ever heard of any game like that... at least on consoles.

I love this idea, chinese vampires are awsum

ULTROS!

If this is true, then I'm guessing we'll have other REs set at:

South Asia
Middle East
South America
Southeast Asia
Oceania

Anteater

chinesevampires1.jpg

Hsien-Ko as bonus character for Mercenaries!

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'm cool with this. I do hope they actually go through with the whole 'the whole world's in shambles' scenario hinted at that might-be-fake-might-not teaser that popped up some time ago.

Nekofrog

Banned
chinesevampires1.jpg

Phantom Fighter, NES.

Not a terrible game.

chinesevampires1.jpg

Heh - Leon taking on Jiangshi would be pretty nifty...

Top Bottom