• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resume Rumors: Resident Evil 6 set in China

Sectus

I really hope to see a new protagonist who has Chinese, African, Swedish and Iranian grandparents, raised in Australia, studied in the UK, works in Brazil. And a flock of 256 children with all possible permutations of descent. And that the protag's entire purpose is to protect them. They could keep saying things like "They're all equally precious to me", "I would never trade a single one of them for another" and so on. Just to shut everyone up about that racism shit.

*thumbs up* And after that description they should reveal it's still Chris Redfield and that's just his new backstory.

Anteater

I really hope to see a new protagonist who has Chinese, African, Swedish and Iranian grandparents, raised in Australia, studied in the UK, works in Brazil. And a flock of 256 children with all possible permutations of descent. And that the protag's entire purpose is to protect them. They could keep saying things like "They're all equally precious to me", "I would never trade a single one of them for another" and so on. Just to shut everyone up about that racism shit.

Who's also a robot!

aechris

Please make it set in ancient China and with 'Chinese zombies/vampires' that you have to kill with swords or tame with the yellow paper things.
chinesevampires1.jp

Oh man, I don't think I have ever heard of any game like that... at least on consoles.

...never going to happen though.

There was a Simple 2000 game called THE KYONSHI PANIC which was pretty shit but it had Chinese vampires in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfFfVab1Zc0

I kind of hope its depictions of China and Chinese Zombies are hilariously bad.

Senor Chang: "Why you? Why not math? Why not photography? Why not martial arts?" I mean, surely, it must be in my nature to instruct you in something that's ancient and secret, like, oh, building a wall that you can see from outer space! Well, I'll tell you why I teach Spanish. It is none of your business, okay? I don't wanna have any conversations about what a mysterious, inscrutable man I am. Oh hee hee hee hee hee hee! Oh hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!.... I am a Spanish Genius! In español, my nickname is *El Tigre Chino*! 'Cause my knowledge will bite her face off! So don't question Señor Chang or you'll get bit. Yah bit!

Starring Chris Tucker and Zhang Ziyi.

367304-176796-chris-redfield_super.jpg

You know how to use one of these?

Chris_-_Jim.jpg

You know how to use one of these?

rdrr gnr

Army of Two 2
Kane and Lynch 2
True Crime: Hong Kong
Deus Ex: HR

very underused.
Well, first two games sucked.
Is that the one that was canceled, then not?
And I think I spent most of my time in airducts, iirc, in Deus Ex.

China is a good location.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, first two games sucked.
Is that the one that was canceled, then not?
And I think I spent most of my time in airducts, iirc, in Deus Ex.

China is a good location.

I'd add in Dynasty Warriors too.

-Winnie-

This could be pretty cool. I feel like modern day China isn't really used much (if at all) as a setting in games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hsien Ko done goofed

Bring in the flying Wushu!
YES, if I were a billionaire and had enough money to start my own studio and do whatever I'd want, I'd make a Wushu game with flying, poison palms, and falling off mountain cliffs... only to come back stronger because you found some hidden cave with some secret Wushu techniques carved on the walls by an old master. :D

shuri

Banned
I feel really, REALLY bad for people who ends up being the source of a 'leak' found by twobits gaming journos.. Searching resumes for infos is beyond lame.

Xpliskin

Chinese Villager/Zombie ?
I thought this was a rehaul.
They've done the ganado/spanish village/old-town/shanty town thing for the 2 previous games.
If it's a rehaul I guess they're brining real zombies back, they can't do the las plagas thing 3 times in a row.

What I dread is that "chinese" means ada wong, and ada wong means leon ...
he's starred in 2 movies, re 4, RE:DSC, ... Bring other characters :/

Dyno

Doesn't the zombie outbreak in World War Z begin in China?

Could be a good thing if they are looking to that series for inspiration. That series had a focus on civilians surviving a zombie outbreak with whatever could be found around.

Super Mario Land had a stage set in China. That's good enough for me.

As for wanting games that take place in China, just play one of those shitty Chinese MMO games out there.

CSX

Chinese vampires are leaders of an army of Chinese zombies.

Sounds like a shitty supernatural chinese drama from the late 90's

I'm in

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I feel really, REALLY bad for people who ends up being the source of a 'leak' found by twobits gaming journos.. Searching resumes for infos is beyond lame.

Who cares? If you put it out there someone is going to read it and if you don't know that by now then tough luck

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope they put something similar to the Forbidden City, that would be so awesome.

forbidden_city-palace_museum_2252_jpg_600x.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
Leon is coming back I'm sure.

Res5 was Capcom's biggest game yet, and now they are gonna follow it through by bringing back the main character of what's maybe the best game ever made.

I can already see the wet pants and 911 calls, when Leon shows up in the teaser!

You guys do realize that even though RE has been to different countries, you never get to see any real landmarks, right? They just get the general feel like tribal villages and crap.

Violater

More like sired blood curse and less like Resident Evil the movie please.
Take the game back to its dark scary roots.

Top Bottom