• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resume Rumors: Resident Evil 6 set in China

The only way to do it right is a dating sim with Fongling and Ada.

krw7z.jpg

K90eW.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kun-Fu zombies or bust. I want them to completely destroy you and make you feel incompetent once they surround you.

This shit is RACIST, where are my white zombies to kill.

Dont worry there will be a wildly unrealistic number of white people to kill. China, Zimbabwe, Iran, doesnt matter where it takes place they will make sure to have a completely ridiculous amount of white people running around so as not to offend N'gai Croals delicate sensibilities.

Zzoram

Doesn't the Chinese cultural ministry hate the undead and ban most media with mention of the undead?

A game with the undead overrunning China seems unlikely to pass censors in China. I suppose Capcom may not care about selling the game in China though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Doesn't the Chinese cultural ministry hate the undead and ban most media with mention of the undead?

A game with the undead overrunning China seems unlikely to pass censors in China. I suppose Capcom may not care about selling the game in China though.

People basically don't sell packaged goods games in China.

This is why there are so many free 2 play MMOs/browser games there.

goldenpp72

The potential for the engine that powers the bulk of capcom games to be used in beautiful Chinese scenery is kinda amazing, hope it's true and that it is done well.

Game better not have any Japanese protagonists, if you though N'gai was bad, you haven't seen the kind of shitstorm that will be stirred in China if there is a video game featuring a Japanese character killing Chinese villagers.

Medalion

Banned

Then why we still got Chinese Vampires? Hoppity hoppity

chinesevampire_330_6492.jpg

sega4ever

Dont worry there will be a wildly unrealistic number of white people to kill. China, Zimbabwe, Iran, doesnt matter where it takes place they will make sure to have a completely ridiculous amount of white people running around so as not to offend N'gai Croals delicate sensibilities.

i hope he stays under whatever rock hes under and doesn't ruin another resident evil.

MechaX

Game better not have any Japanese protagonists, if you though N'gai was bad, you haven't seen the kind of shitstorm that will be stirred in China if there is a video game featuring a Japanese character killing Chinese villagers.

That's one situation where I'm certain Capcom actually will have some cognizance of tact for.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have no interest if Jun Takuchi is at the helm again. All I want a Biohazard 2 goodness combined with some of the goodness of Biohazard 4 (and I'm not talking the LOL PERSPECTIVE). None of this co-op shit. None of this fucking with characters (LOL WESKER, but given Capcom did that themselves with Code Veronica and I can't blame him too much for that). Just straight, pure, by-the-numers Biohazard action.

Revenant

A RE6 playing as Ada Wong would be cool, just throwing that out there.

we had Leon, then roid rage Chris, lets change it up.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I don't think there's official console support (for PS3 as far as I know) in Mainland China thus the game not actually being supported there. There is console support in Hong Kong and Taiwan however (and the game most likely being readily available there) but I don't know how strict they are about this.

Ithil

Rebecca and Barry for the playable characters, please.

I don't mean co-op, I mean you pick one or the other at the start and the story changes accordingly.

Zee-Row

Banned
First the white main character got to kill Spaniards , then Africans and now Chinese People? Can wait until RE7 goes to Cuba and we can kill Cuban zombies!

leadbelly

Banned
I have no interest if Jun Takuchi is at the helm again. All I want a Biohazard 2 goodness combined with some of the goodness of Biohazard 4 (and I'm not talking the LOL PERSPECTIVE). None of this co-op shit. None of this fucking with characters (LOL WESKER, but given Capcom did that themselves with Code Veronica and I can't blame him too much for that). Just straight, pure, by-the-numers Biohazard action.

Maybe they've handed it to a western developer to shit on instead.

leadbelly

Banned
Leon is coming back I'm sure.

Res5 was Capcom's biggest game yet, and now they are gonna follow it through by bringing back the main character of what's maybe the best game ever made.

I can already see the wet pants and 911 calls, when Leon shows up in the teaser!

Desperately looking for the sarcasm in this.

>.>

<.<

>.>

Where are you? I can't find you!

Edit: Actually I've realised you're talking about units sold. It's not Capcom's biggest selling game, but it's their biggest selling RE game. In terms of critical success it's another matter though.

$200

Banned
YES, if I were a billionaire and had enough money to start my own studio and do whatever I'd want, I'd make a Wushu game with flying, poison palms, and falling off mountain cliffs... only to come back stronger because you found some hidden cave with some secret Wushu techniques carved on the walls by an old master. :D
2qsmd921.jpg

There you go.

Top Bottom