• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitase: Xbox market important for us, can remake PS-era Final Fantasy games for 360

Mengetsu

Lock if old did a search and didn't find anything.

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, revealed a lot of things in an interview with OXM. He said that it is possible to remake old Playstation-era games for the Xbox 360, and also explained why.
“Well, XIII and XIII-2 are only two years apart so obviously we have to stick to the same platforms, otherwise we would have to give XIII-2 to the people who haven’t played the previous work, he said.
“But if we were to remake an old game that’s ten years old or whatever, or make a sequel to that particular title, we don’t have to worry about the same issue.”
Considering how the MGS games are on the Xbox 360 now, it seems that they don’t have to take Sony’s permission for remaking these games for the Xbox 360.
This also shows how fragile third-party exclusives are, and nothing is certain nowadays. Although, more people get to enjoy these games.
Kitase also revealed how important the Xbox market is now for them, and while it’s not that popular in Japan, they simply cannot ignore its influence in the western countries. He feels that going multiplatform is great if possible.
“We have always kept our sort of ‘ear out’ as it were to what is popular worldwide, and we obviously were very much aware that the 360 has a huge market outside Japan,” he revealed.
“So as I said once while we were making games in Tokyo, we don’t really feel the importance of Xbox, but when I visit LA for E3 or Europe or a world tour or whatever, we just feel every day how important the Xbox market is for us.
“So that there will always be a need to make the game for both consoles.
”

Story here:http://gamingbolt.com/kitase-xbox-m...e-ps-era-final-fantasy-games-for-the-xbox-360

Original Story:http://www.oxm.co.uk/36521/intervie...inect-rpgs-and-killing-the-girly-feel/?page=2

Didn't know that would be possible without Sony stopping that.

Edit:

They also seem interested in Mass Effect-esque Kinect functionality for Final Fantasy.

OXM said:
Kitase: When I was at E3, last time, one of the games used Kinect for voice recognition, so now you can have conversations with non-player characters, so it can be quite useful, and we will definitely look into that.
Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/36521/intervie...inect-rpgs-and-killing-the-girly-feel/?page=3

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, revealed a lot of things in an interview with OXM. He said that it is possible to remake old Playstation-era games for the Xbox 360, and also explained why.

Does this dude understand what resources are required to do it? They said re-making FFVII would take 10 years. They cannot make HD town FFS! How come this moron is employed by anyone is beyond me.

Final Fantasy X is just about ten years old.
Does this dude understand what resources are required to do it? They said re-making FFVII would take 10 years. They cannot make HD town FFS! How come this moron is employed by anyone is beyond me.
Between Kitase and Wada, SE is just... *sigh*
Well, XIII and XIII-2 are only two years apart so obviously we have to stick to the same platforms, otherwise we would have to give XIII-2 to the people who haven’t played the previous work, he said.
Wat

Skilletor

FF13-2?

I want all of the PS era FFs on Vita. You can do it, SE.

Thank you for bolding the important parts. It is good to know that the entire story except for 3 sentences in the middle is the important part.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this isnt a big deal. didnt 1-6 get ports for the psone? or am i thinking of megaman again?

Cipherr

Mindshare mindshare mindshare. MS got it this gen, they have done a fucking fantastic job. Its amazing really.

GaussTek

I'm ok with a FF6 remake on xbox or maybe PC.

yhP6K.gif

JWong

Banned
Mindshare mindshare mindshare. MS got it this gen, they have done a fucking fantastic job. Its amazing really.

Except all the Microsoft support that Square Enix put out has bit them in the ass.

I don't think any of their 360 exclusive or 360 multiplatform version has done well or better than PS3.

If they create proper remakes of FFVII-VIII-IX only for 360 they are FUCKING STUPID.

They would lose a unique oportunity to sell a shitload of millions.

AAK

Hurry up and announce FFVersus13 360 port already... all this teasing about the inevitable announcement is kinda lame.

Massive asset re-use with what was left from FFXIII, due to the fact that not a single person there understands what project management is, so they created fuckton of stuff they didn't end up using. Sorry, asset re-use won't work with PS1 titles.

Ever single interview with S-E goes the same: we are very excited about X, looking into Y, etc., etc. Nothing ever comes out of that. I guess it's a different culture - in the West you won't speak about anything if you are not sure about its future application. In Japan the developers just run wild.

Satchel

Banned
At this stage, woudl there be any point?

Most of the people who WOULD buy these remakes are most likely PS3 only owners anyway, so why bother?

tokkun

“Well, XIII and XIII-2 are only two years apart so obviously we have to stick to the same platforms, otherwise we would have to give XIII-2 to the people who haven’t played the previous work, he said.

Is he explaining why XIII-2 was not a Wii/DS game....?

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Well that's not too surprising, Square-Enix owns all those IP's.

there Square-Enix games not sony. and MGS 2 and 3 are already on the 360. DMC 1,2 and 3 is coming on the 360. by the way sony got a game that was on the old x box Oddworld Stranger's Wrath. so i see nothing wrong with MS getting old Final Fantasy

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
If I don't have to buy extra hardware, such as a PS3 or another console I don't own, I would love to play an HD remake of FF6, FFVII or Tactics. If they bring them to the 360, I would buy them. I still play these games through emulation.

Top Bottom