• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitase: Xbox market important for us, can remake PS-era Final Fantasy games for 360

Diablos

I am assuming he meant multiplatform and not just 360? It would make no sense whatsoever to do a FFIX remake on just 360, for example.

Mooreberg

I was thinking more for hardware pushing games, rather than "meh" games on 2 platforms, or having one platform having obvious superiority over the other, but okay.
Square has released both "meh" exclusives and "meh" cross platform games. I don't get the impression focusing on one piece of hardware is going to improve much when the concept is as terrible as something like FFXIII-2. The opening cinematic on GameTrailers was like something a crazy person on Youtube thought up to portray Japanese game development in the worst light possible.

Cynar

Except all the Microsoft support that Square Enix put out has bit them in the ass.

I don't think any of their 360 exclusive or 360 multiplatform version has done well or better than PS3.

FF 13 did well on 360, don't be a hating fan boy

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Playstation-era? So that means PS2-era is not included since FFX has been announced for the PS3 and Vita only so far? :p

Though I do hope they release their SNES games on PS360 via DD.

You mean that game that was already released on a Microsoft platform?

2493nwjp6.jpg
They've already tried to bring it to Steam as well.

sublimit

Banned
If they are interested in the xbox market (and i'm sure they are) why they haven't already released all their classic FF's on 360 like they did on PSN?

Eusis

The less third party exclusives there are, the better.
I half disagree. I definitely think games that don't need to be exclusive (no unique technical features used for example) should be multiplatform, ESPECIALLY if they are in one region but not the other (Raystorm HD being 360 exclusive in the US but multiplatform here frustrates me), but if a developer can take advantage of a system in ways they can't another, or at least if being multiplatform seriously holds them back, then by all means I want that game made exclusive. I just don't want to see it because Microsoft paid them a few months before release, and exclusive DLC can die.

If they are interested in the xbox market (and i'm sure they are) why they haven't already released all their classic FF's on 360 like they did on PSN?
They'd probably have to figure how to emulate PS1 games on the 360.

On PS3/PSN you can probably just put PS1 content on there with little hassle.

Rad-

I half disagree. I definitely think games that don't need to be exclusive (no unique technical features used for example) should be multiplatform, ESPECIALLY if they are in one region but not the other (Raystorm HD being 360 exclusive in the US but multiplatform here frustrates me), but if a developer can take advantage of a system in ways they can't another, or at least if being multiplatform seriously holds them back, then by all means I want that game made exclusive. I just don't want to see it because Microsoft paid them a few months before release, and exclusive DLC can die.

Let's be honest here, is there even one third party exclusive that couldn't be done on the other platform? I can't think of any. Sure it might mean few smaller tweaks to get it working but nothing major.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Isn't SoTN on the 360 running on an emulator? If Konami can do it, why can't Square?

I don't think FFVII - FFIX aged well due to crappy 3D graphics and pre-rendered backdrops. SotN on the other hand is purely a 2D platformer, with a few 3D visuals mixed at the background, and the game still seemed to age well (thus a PSP and 360 port).

I'm surprised GAF still doesn't remember how FFXIII was announced for the 360. Maybe it doesn't want to remember?

Trailers for the game stealthily went from "Only on PS3" to "Only on PS3 in Japan" then they announced it at E3 in a special SE conference. Eventually the 360 version even made it's way to Japan...

I remember XIII-2 was announced the same way. Oh wait...

SE isn't going to keep a 360 SKU secret at this stage for the sake of drama. FFXIII was a special case. Now they've already established themselves as a 360 developer of FF games.

Isn't SoTN on the 360 running on an emulator? If Konami can do it, why can't Square?

MS can't have a PS emulator because Sony would sue their asses.

Top Bottom