• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Meat: 3DS eShop has a 2GB limit for DD. [Misquoted, not true]

zroid

Banned
Makes sense in the context of Nintendo saying they had it set up so they could put retail 3DS titles on the eShop now. Standard 3DS carts are 2GB in size, iirc. I really need to get a bigger SD card for mine...

Exciting stuff. I like that they're starting at 2 gigs, as it brings hope that in the future it could be expanded even more, just like the 360 did.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Effectively, Nintendo said 3DS would be already prepared to offer retail games to download in theory, and since 2GB is the highest cap for most of them so far...

Eh considering they're meant to be smaller games, and the biggest games on the App Store usually only = 1GB, and the biggest 3DS retail right now is 4GB.

40MB was freaking ridiculous for a home console. On another topic, does this mean Binding of Isaac/Super Meat Boy on eShop soon please?

Eh considering they're meant to be smaller games, and the biggest games on the App Store usually only = 1GB, and the biggest 3DS retail right now is 4GB.

40MB was freaking ridiculous for a home console. On another topic, does this mean Binding of Isaac/Super Meat Boy on eShop soon please?

As I said earlier, they're shopping Issac to pubs and Nintendo.
No word on if it'll happen.

Veal

Oh nice! That gives me a lot more hope for future titles on the eShop. So glad I got that 16 GB card in there now.

See, I already knew this :) I'm pretty skeptical given Isaac's subject matter and Nintendo's history. But they've pimped the Resident Evil game pretty heavily, so who knows.

Blood and zombies are still pretty tame compared to massive amounts of body waste and abortions. Well to most people.

Letting eshop games go up to 2 GB isn't very smart, given that the system only takes SD cards up to 32 GB. Thankfully none of the games on the eshop so far are too bloated.

Anth0ny

That's cool news. Super Meat Boy on 3DS would be great!

Hell, full retail games would be great. I think Nintendo touched upon it already this year, looking forward to seeing it happen.

Letting eshop games go up to 2 GB isn't very smart, given that the system only takes SD cards up to 32 GB. Thankfully none of the games on the eshop so far are too bloated.

Again. Why isn't it smart? They want to support at least some full retail games. It's easy to upgrade space. Buy more cards.

No more stupid than the Vita where the max card size is also 32gb, and the games are a lot bigger. They could theoretically end up doing DD better than Sony, but we'll see.

Top Bottom