• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

ezekial45

Banned
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xXO27xUBBo&hd=1

Note: The trailer is in-engine. However, this does not mean it wasn't pre-rendered. For example, here's Dota 2's in-engine trailer.

Gamasutra said:
GN: So people always are finding different ways to create value. And you saw the trailer, right? That's done in-engine with the game assets. And a whole bunch of people on the team jumped on that and made that happen. And nobody said, you know, "What's my title? I don't see 'cinematics' anywhere in my title." Or, "This isn't using Maya, so I'm not going to work on it."
Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134839/the_valve_way_gabe_newell_and_.php?page=4

Press Release:

Press Release said:
Ubisoft® Ignites the American Revolution with Assassin’s Creed® III

Paris, France — March 5, 2012 — Assassin’s Creed® III will hit store shelves on October 31, 2012, encouraging gamers to experience the American Revolutionary War not written about in history books. The largest project in Ubisoft’s history also introduces a new hero for the ages.

With a development cycle of over three years and twice the production capacity of any previous Ubisoft game, Assassin’s Creed III is set to release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows PC and is also in development for Wii U™ from Nintendo. Assassin’s Creed III is developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios.

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.

Assassin’s Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin’s Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.

“Assassin’s Creed III features the franchise’s most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “Whether you’re a longtime fan of Assassin’s Creed or if you’re new to the franchise, you’re going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin’s Creed III.”

Assassin’s Creed III also can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/assassinscreed3

New artwork from Assassin’s Creed III also will be featured in Assassin’s Creed Recollection, the real-time board game for the iPad.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit the Assassin’s Creed Official Website (www.assassinscreed.com) and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of € 1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Source: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm:99-40629-16&ctid=tcm:95-27313-32

Balehead

They show so much wilderness I really hope it works and is a large part of the game. As I said in the other thread, doesn't show much but it was definitely quite cool.

LiK

HELL YEA

looks like I was right about the Mohawks being involved since that was part of actual history, huhu

UrbanRats

So this is in-engine, how far from in-game graphics can it be? Cause it looks pretty impressive for a ps3/360.

Trailer itself was alright, i guess.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit looked awesome. Free running looks the shit, can't wait!

Meh. Nothing Assassin's Creed-related can impress me now; I feel bombarded by the series during these last couple of years.

Take that, Limeys!

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Some of those kills were...goddamn I hope I can do those in the game. Slamming some dudes face through the knife on the gun then firing it? Yes please.

smr00

Banned
IGN confirmed it was.

Only reason it impresses me. If that's in engine, then it looks beautiful. Of course, the cinematic camera angles help a bit as well.
Because IGN is always right..

i will wait till i hear a real confirmation, if it this is all in-game and 0 pre-rendering color me impressed but right now i just don't buy the fact that this is 100% in-game.

Top Bottom