• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Press Release:

Press Release said:
Ubisoft® Ignites the American Revolution with Assassin’s Creed® III

Paris, France — March 5, 2012 — Assassin’s Creed® III will hit store shelves on October 31, 2012, encouraging gamers to experience the American Revolutionary War not written about in history books. The largest project in Ubisoft’s history also introduces a new hero for the ages.

With a development cycle of over three years and twice the production capacity of any previous Ubisoft game, Assassin’s Creed III is set to release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows PC and is also in development for Wii U™ from Nintendo. Assassin’s Creed III is developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with six other Ubisoft studios.

Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.

Assassin’s Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin’s Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.

“Assassin’s Creed III features the franchise’s most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “Whether you’re a longtime fan of Assassin’s Creed or if you’re new to the franchise, you’re going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin’s Creed III.”

Assassin’s Creed III also can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: http://shop.ubi.com/assassinscreed3

New artwork from Assassin’s Creed III also will be featured in Assassin’s Creed Recollection, the real-time board game for the iPad.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit the Assassin’s Creed Official Website (www.assassinscreed.com) and facebook.com/assassinscreed.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of € 1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Source: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm:99-40629-16&ctid=tcm:95-27313-32

graywolf323

is the new main character part-squirrel?

and is anyone else at least somewhat reminded of The Ghost from the movie The Patriot?

Duffyside

Banned
My favorite touch was the way the British army at the end was nice and organized in straight lines, and the American army was a big clusterfuck. Very good attention to detail.

Edit: I mean, it would've been easy to just mirror the two or something, but the developers are clearly paying attention to actual historical record.

Oppo

It is very clearly both in-engine and not realtime.

See: The Last of Us trailer... same deal

UbiSoft said:
twice the production capacity of any previous Ubisoft game
ho....ly..... shit. what is that, 700 people?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think anyone considers using ingame assets the same as calling a video rendered in-engine, because... well, it's not.

They're using it as a CG renderer by giving a lot more frame time.

They didn't say it was running realtime in engine, which is different.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think i am the only person underwhelmed

no gameplay and nowhere near as cool as the ac2 cinematic trailers

just a recap of everything we already know about the game

Grisby

Little underwhelmed in the style and editing of the trailer. Still, I'm getting more excited for it. The axe kind of looks like a companion to the hidden blade.

I think that trailer could have used more dubstep.
Wub wub just kidding wub wub

AAK

They could've at least made the Assassin outfit a little more colonial... it looks sooo awkward in that time setting.

ironcreed

Banned
The whole trailer is just prerendered only using in-engine assets, anyone thinking the game will actually look/play like that are deluding themselves

That is a given, lol. Yet it still gives off enough of a vibe that you can get a close enough sense of how the game will be. Especially environment-wise, which is simply oozing with a fresh frontier atmosphere. I love it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Same. If I end up deciding to switch my "main" console to Wii U over my current 360, this and Darksiders 2 would be great to grab at launch time.

Same here.

Darksiders II does look great as well.

They're using it as a CG renderer by giving a lot more frame time.

They didn't say it was running realtime in engine, which is different.

But it's doing things the games engine can't actually do. And I say the same for the DOTA2 video. Not really believing Gabe on that one.

See: The Last of Us trailer... same deal

Except it's not. The difference is like night and day. Last of Us trailer is a good example of a pre-rendered in-engine video. This is not.

rataven

Wish we had a better look at his character model. Really want to know if they've changed their modeling from Rev. Which was less than attractive, honestly.

jett

D-Member
It'll be interesting to see what graphical improvements Ubisoft can make to the WiiU version, if any. 1080p? 60fps?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Video is pretty much what I expected we'd get, not mind-blowing but good enough. Can't wait for more.

Khezu

Tree running looks awesome.

Hopefully we get a bit more info from game informer over the month like they usually do with there cover stories.

Can not wait for E3.

Tex117

Banned
I liked the trailer.

But I agree with Duckroll. You can't really tell what the game looks like in motion, and that really is the whole point.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Hope the new engine can handle it. The tearing and drops in framerate are terrible in the other games.

Top Bottom