• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

A lot of engine have features that don't actually run in the realtime version though.

For example, Epic licenses their engines out to film studios for special effects.

http://www.unrealengine.com/showcase/film_television

Hum, right. Didn't consider that tbh.

But still find it misleading calling it in-engine in that case, cause what I take from it is that these are things my PC will be able to do with it if the hardware is good enough, now or in the future, but that's something that will be literally impossible.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
It's so good to see the Wii U version confirmed. I hope it comes out on time. They couldn't give a solid date since we don't even know when the system comes out. But if it comes out a little later, I could wait (no matter how hard that wait would be).

Apart from that, HYPE.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm midly amused that Ubisoft basically used the ebargo we have about the game's presentation as a way to make sure they or their selected partner would tell everything there is to know about the game before we are allowed to. This will make for some very detailed previews for sure </sarcasm>
Anyway, I'm interested to see how this game will turn out, since it's the first one with no influence at all from Desilet.

Dennis

Banned
I'm midly amused that Ubisoft basically used the ebargo we have about the game's presentation as a way to make sure they or their selected partner would tell everything there is to know about the game before we are allowed to. This will make for some very detailed previews for sure </sarcasm>
Anyway, I'm interested to see how this game will turn out, since it's the first one with no influence at all from Desilet.

No credit for being French?

jett

D-Member

bububu they've been developing it right after AC2 wrapped up, you mean to tell me they're bullshitting us? :p Desilets was Mr. AssCreed at the time.

Cheska

Okay, now I can say I'm excited. The wolves, the outfit, the weapons, yeah.....I think I can work with this setting after all :)

Duffyside

Banned
In a speech I mean. I'm sure the word slave was used. Jeepers.

Anyway, I guess that's the "Moral Grey Area" they're talking about?

... I'm so lost. What were you "wow"ing about? That it's so stupid and unbelievable someone would say they don't want to be slaves while the institution of slavery was still around and supported?

rataven

Do we know that for sure? If it's been in development for three years, I'd assumed he was still at the company during the early phases.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bububu they've been developing it right after AC2 wrapped up, you mean to tell me they're bullshitting us? :p Desilets was Mr. AssCreed at the time.

Desilet had some mild influence on Brotherhood, but I don't think anything at all with AC3.

Irish

Just checking in to remind everyone that I don't like Assassin's Creed. I'll make sure you see me in every thread from here on out though... :|

Musket Kill:

i6jDYQsJpSYF.gif

LiK

... I'm so lost. What were you "wow"ing about? That it's so stupid and unbelievable someone would say they don't want to be slaves while the institution of slavery was still around and supported?

indeed, they meant not slaves to the Crown. let's all remember the Constitution was freedom for all men who were white. The Native-Americans and African-Americans were not considered.

Duffyside

Banned
Just checking in to remind everyone that I don't like Assassin's Creed. I'll make sure you see me in every thread from here on out though... :|

Musket Kill:

i6jDYQsJpSYF.gif

Hahaha, I thought this looked so badass in the trailer but now I realize how dumb it is.

The assassin looks so out of place in that time period, a big hat concealing his face would've been better and a redo of his outfit really.

Lausebub

Banned
Wow. Love the confirmation for Wii U. And someone needs to make a .gif with the musket scene ASAP! :O

EDIT: Nevermind, GAF is too fast for me. :p

Duffyside

Banned
Yes. That's pretty crazy.

The Declaration of Independence states that they believe "all men are created equal." Yet they clearly didn't mean blacks men. Or Native American men. Or poor men. Or wo... men.

They didn't start slavery, dude. And many of their comments against it, even while some of them owned slaves themselves, helped spur on the end of it in the country.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
looks next-gen, captured from PC due to its resolution. Yawn. Graphics are good but I guess it's dimishing returns for me.

Balehead

I don't think having the wolves in the trailer means they are a weapon or a gameplay mechanic, looks like they just showed up next morning to eat the corpses.

The Declaration of Independence states that they believe "all men are created equal." Yet they clearly didn't mean blacks men. Or Native American men. Or poor men. Or wo... men.

They didn't start slavery, dude. And many of their comments against it, even while some of them owned slaves themselves, helped spur on the end of it in the country.

Okay, look, hello, I took Social Studies, I rocked all over my AP test and dropkicked that shit. I know what happened in the American Revolution. I'm just saying it was a weird thing to hear in a VG trailer in 2012.

Jeepers Montgomery Creepers.

Actually when Thomas Jefferson wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence, he did mean African American men and wanted to end slavery. When he presented it to others though they thought it was too radical and did a heavy edit/revise of the Declaration which really pissed/saddened Jefferson.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes. That's pretty crazy.

To a lot of white colonists people back then, it was only an injustice for white people to feel like political slaves to England.

The famous "Give me liberty or give me death!" speech by Patrick Henry:
. . . This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings. . .

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

The political slavery rhetoric was in full swing back then. And yes, quite a few people saw the problem with this.

Another thing, I'm really interested if Ubisoft will stay true to the early American time period and technology. Weapons take a long-ass time to reload and were not accurate at all. And how Washington won the war using guerilla (AKA terrorist) tactics to tire the British.

Top Bottom