• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

I find it incredibly hard to believe this footage ISN'T pre-rendered.

You could tell it was in-engine. Take a look at the eagle flying in the beginning. Look at Connor (the assassin). They don't look perfect like a CGI trailer would.

So, rather than running across rooftop I can run through trees? Sign me up. I think this will be the first Assassin's Creed game I buy day one. Normally I just rent them or wait till they get dirt cheap but this looks like something special.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, people seem to have some issues with this, but in-engine != in-game or gameplay.

For example, here's Dota 2's in-engine trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4

Gamasutra said:
GN: So people always are finding different ways to create value. And you saw the trailer, right? That's done in-engine with the game assets. And a whole bunch of people on the team jumped on that and made that happen. And nobody said, you know, "What's my title? I don't see 'cinematics' anywhere in my title." Or, "This isn't using Maya, so I'm not going to work on it."
Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/134839/the_valve_way_gabe_newell_and_.php?page=4

"In-engine" is a pretty loose term. See the Halo 3 reveal trailer for another in-engine view. If I knew the game was going to look that good, then next gen consoles could wait 5 more years.

That said, tree parkour for the fucking win

alphaNoid

Banned
7TlsE.gif

duckroll

The Betsy Ross flag is pretty awesome. The trailer in general looks weird though. The editing isn't that cinematic, so it looks like simulated gameplay, but it also doesn't give a very good indication of how the game plays. Looking forward to the E3 gameplay reveal though. :p

JdFoX187

Banned
Wow, that was pretty awesome. Glad to see the Last of the Mohicans-style tomahawk combat looks like it's in the game.

Its in-engine with some added blur here and there. Except for the last shot with the soldiers which did look like it was a render.

Seda

MCV posted this. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know what's new or old, but this was posted minutes ago.

Ubisoft has at last lifted the lid on one of this year’s potentially biggest hits – Assassin’s Creed III.

The game will be released on October 31st and will, as rumoured last week, be set amidst the American Revolution, spanning from the days of the wild frontier and hectic battlefields to the busy colonial towns and cities.

It will also have a brand new hero – Ratohnaké:ton, who follows in the footsteps of previous stars Altair and Ezio. He’s of both Native American and English heritage and goes by the name of Connor.

And by the sounds of it, he doesn’t regard us Brits and our “ruthless tyranny” all that highly.

Ubisoft Montreal is heading up the game’s development, though it is working in conjunction with six other studios. The title will be powered by a brand new game engine.

Alongside the prerequisite PS3, Xbox 360 and PC versions, Ubisoft has also confirmed a Wii U version ­– although of course we’ll have to wait to discover the console’s release date before we know if it will arrive alongside the other SKUs.

Ubisoft claims that the game is the “largest project” in its history.

“Assassin’s Creed III features the franchise’s most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay,” Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stated.

“Whether you’re a longtime fan of Assassin’s Creed or if you’re new to the franchise, you’re going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin’s Creed III.”

They also tweeted that its 3 years in the making, although that part seems absent in the article.

You didn't read the other AC3 thread, did you?

I did. BritGaf doesn't represent the UK. The vast, vast majority of people in the UK couldn't give two flying fucks about the Revolutionary War.

Its a war that is more important to one nation than the other. People in the UK genuinely have more mindspace for the Crimean War, for example, than the Revolutionary War.

There might be the odd dodgy article in a newspaper trying to stir shit up. French people making a game where Brits get beat up. Other than that, nope.

NoRéN

Meh. Nothing Assassin's Creed-related can impress me now; I feel bombarded by the series during these last couple of years.

I know, right. But, I still clicked on a thread entitled "Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer" because I'm a big man and like to be unimpressed. Woo!

Carl

Lots of running and jumping. Hidden blades. Bloke with his hood up.

Yup, looks exactly like the last 4.

demolitio

AWESOME. I actually like the jacket too as it reminds me of the French army's jackets at the time. I was hoping they'd use battles somehow in the game and I won't be disappointed.

ironcreed

Banned
Not actual gameplay, but you can still get an overall vibe for what the atmosphere will be like. Which looks like it will be amazing and exactly the kind of change I was hoping for.

Goron2000

best junior ever
You didn't read the other AC3 thread, did you?

I thought that thread just devolved into "we don't like being called British", honestly i doubt that many people in the UK even know what the American Revolution is. In school we only learned about the discovery of America, nothing really after that.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Wish it was Paris in 1789 or 1871 (either scenario would have been awesome). Still, will probably buy day 1. :/

Top Bottom