• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors Vs. (3DS) to Feature Link and Samus Costumes

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Straight from Famitsu.

The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed an interesting collaboration between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei.

It seems as though the upcoming 3DS title, Dynasty Warriors Vs., will feature costumes from a couple of Nintendo’s franchises. From what I can gather, a Link costume from Zelda: Skyward Sword and a Zero Suit Samus costume from Metroid: Other M will be included. The Famitsu leaks haven’t made clear whether the costumes will be available on the cartridge itself for free or through DLC.

I imagine we’ll be hearing something official from Nintendo/Tecmo Koei soon.

http://nintendoeverything.com/84427/link-samus-costumes-in-dynasty-warriors-vs/

Kazerei

Banned
The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed an interesting collaboration between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei.

It seems as though the upcoming 3DS title, Dynasty Warriors Vs., will feature costumes from a couple of Nintendo’s franchises. From what I can gather, a Link costume from Zelda: Skyward Sword and a Zero Suit Samus costume from Metroid: Other M will be included. The Famitsu leaks haven’t made clear whether the costumes will be available on the cartridge itself for free or through DLC.

I imagine we’ll be hearing something official from Nintendo/Tecmo Koei soon.

Meh.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bizarre, weren't Link and Samus supposed to be unlockable characters in that similar, hack-and-slash Marvel game?

This isn't too surprising after Nobunga x Pokemon, though.

EDIT: Eeeeeew...Skyward Sword Link is neat, but not Samus-Samus, but ZSS? Why?

Do costumes in Dynasty Warriors work like costumes in Tales where you get a special skill for wearing said costume, or is it cosmetic only?

Meier

I thought the launch game was pretty solid and bought it after renting it from GameFly. Don't really have a reason to get another but I think anyone buying this will get their money's worth.

shaowebb

Nobunaga's Ambition + Pokemon and now Dynasty Warriors with Link and Samus?

With all the ways they are loaning their properties to other companies its beginning to look pretty likely we can expect more Smash Bros cast from 3rd party. Failing that its a nice way to solidify relations with 3rd party before launching your first HD console.

Nobunaga's Ambition + Pokemon and now Dynasty Warriors with Link and Samus?

With all the ways they are loaning their properties to other companies its beginning to look pretty likely we can expect more Smash Bros cast from 3rd party. Failing that its a nice way to solidify relations with 3rd party before launching your first HD console.

Those are both Tecmo Koei games. If anything this shows an increased interest in Tecmo Koei for whatever reason.

More like Lu Bu and Cao Cao

Would pay good money for that game if Lu Bu's theme played whenever someone was playing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4KzheChan0

Would be pretty authentic to the "OH SHIT IT'S LU BU" experience, his horse should be a part of his character or be an individual character in it's own right.

Lubu_DW6.jpg

That's the kind of horse that's going to fuck shit up.

wsippel

Banned
Bleh! Not only is it the zero suit for Samus, it's the Other M rendition. -_-

Complete with ridiculous heels!
Those actually make sense in this case. She needs some room below her feet when the actual suit materializes. Not that it really matters, as the Zero suit isn't really meant for combat, anyway.

lol, why does Nintendo even bother with Musou?

That said, I'm still sad Samus wasn't playable in DOAD. Link/Ganon/Zelda had better be in 3DS/WiiU SCV.

What's funny is that this looks more like a "realistic" Link than the other games have ever done. Would be considered the evolution of the character if it's past anime inspired influences weren't involved.

Top Bottom