• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors Vs. (3DS) to Feature Link and Samus Costumes

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Shit just got real!

This is the Link the fanatics clamored for when Wind Waker's design was first unveiled!

Pociask

Pikmin and Donkey Kong in Mario?

Miyamoto: "No."

Link and Samus in DW?

Miyamoto: What is the function of having these costumes in your game? For example, in Mario, Goombas are short and squat, which are good for jumping on! My employees say, please, may we put Pikmin in Mario Galaxy 2? Pikmin are not short and squat, so, I didn't allow that!

Tecmo: Miyamoto-san, it will sell thousands more to fan boys who want to see our characters in a skin tight outfit, or finally see adult Link, and Nintendo will collect software royalties.

Miyamoto: That's it?

Tecmo: Yes.

Miyamoto: Do it.

NeonZ

So, how do these costumes work? Link in the gameplay picture seems to be the same one from the render, but the Zero Suit seems to be worn by a completely different character in the actual gameplay shot.

Are there customs characters in this game, and these outfits are usable by them, or are these outfits usable by many different standard characters?

Mitama

Stuff like this completely takes away from a game's atmosphere in my opinion, I hate it. :(

In Nocturne (an RPG) they had Dante from Devil May Cry as a playable character and even made him part of the story. While I love both games, I dislike the two getting mixed up.

It's like when you are really getting into a game and then all of a sudden a character from an entirely different game shows up. That totally kills the mood for me, know what I mean?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So, how do these costumes work? Link in the gameplay picture seems to be the same one from the render, but the Zero Suit seems to be worn by a completely different character in the actual gameplay shot.

Are there customs characters in this game, and these outfits are usable by them, or are these outfits usable by many different standard characters?

It will presumably be worn by custom characters you create.

0q6CR.jpg
k1MPm.jpg

I don't even know what I'm supposed to feel about this.

now that I've seen the images
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

okay what is Nintendo getting out of this one, they don't allow this shit and not get something exclusive in return

it must be major

Forkball

It wouldn't be as creepy if his costume was also realistic, but they put the cartoony Skyward Sword outfit with an eerie Asian doll Link.

NeonZ

It will presumably be worn by custom characters you create.

Hm... So, looking around, there are custom characters here. I guesss i missed the last batch of news for this game.

Some actual guest characters that have been confirmed before (all from Koei itself though, but they're characters, not costumes) are Sanada Yukimura, Mitsunari Ishida, and Kanetsugu Naoe from Samurai Warriors and Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane from DoA/Ninja Gaiden. Anyway, this game has just gone from a maybe to a "bought".

So, uh, what is this game exactly? A regular musou game with multiplayer?

It also seems to use the multiple characters mechanic from Samurai Warriors Chronicles, with the player choosing 3 generals and being able to switch between them at any time to fight in different parts of the battlefield instantly.

Dynasty Warriors makes me want to punch kittens and skin puppies alive. This series takes everything you love and just ground it to dirt. I wish I can go up to the guy who made Dynasty Warrior and kick him in the balls.

Focus on making Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 13 Koei!!! I want another Uncharted Waters game too.

@MUWANdo

Banned
okay what is Nintendo getting out of this one, they don't allow this shit and not get something exclusive in return

it must be major

They probably signed a deal promising Tecmo multiple projects/publishing agreements in exchange for a more favourable price for their services on Other M.

Poyunch

Haha I should buy this just because. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors since the PS2. It would be great just to mess around.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm a big fan of Toon Link, and generally prefer the more cartoony style of Zelda...

But I have to say, I find this Link to be pretty cool looking.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A bit unrelated, but I think that Tecmo and Nintendo did a pretty good job with their other recent collaboration, Nobunaga x Pokemon, when it came to having the two styles work together:

eQ5ap.png

I mean, neither character went any major changes from how they look in the usual game, and the juxtaposition of a famous Japanese general and a roided-up clown wielding modern construction equipment work together surprisingly well.

Top Bottom