• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games TM 120 Scores (Resident Evil Raccoon City Score..)

thechemist

Mass Effect 3 [9]
Street Fighter X Tekken [8]
Asura's Wrath [7]
Unit 13 [5]
Gotham City Imposters [7]
SSX [5]
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City [3] !!!!!
Alan Wake's American Nightmare [5] Joker
Lumines Vita [8]
Tekken 3D [6]
Warp [8]
Syndicate [8]
Binary Domain [7]
Escape Plan [6]
Journey [9]

Credit to Rik @ GRcade

I didn't know that the score would be so bad for RE..

Some points from the review from a Eurogamer Poster

TheAngryRatel said:
'For Resi they stated how it was like a SOCOM game with a Resident Evil skin hence not fitting in with the brand, AI of teammates is dreadful i.e. run into walls, shoot at nothing, only good at being bullet sponges, criticised glitches like zombies popping out of thin air 'mere centimetres away', unimaginative bland set pieces like zombies popping out of doors and closets, the list goes on. They also mentioned how the Leon Kennedy scene doesn't even get a cutscene or any other fanfare therefore a wasted opportunity, wondering why Capcom even gave the reins to Slant Six although the reviewer 'wished them no ill'. I must stress this was only the single player code they reviewed 'due to print constraints' but still harsh.'

Carbonox

Not surprised. Then again, I'm a mug for still wanting to buy the game at some point. I can imagine multiplayer being where the real sugar is when playing with others. The single player looks wank though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No surprise. Anybody with a functioning brain knew the game would be an utter turd. When will Capcom learn?

glaurung

No surprise. Anybody with a functioning brain knew the game would be an utter turd.
Hmm, that three came as quite a surprise to me.

The game was reviewed recently in a German magazine and they gave it a solid 85% or something like that.

Odd.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City [3] !!!!!

crQ56.gif

Oh shit, hahahaha!

Can't say I'm surprised by the review score though. I haven't commented on this game at all, except for one post saying I really really don't like how this was so fucking obviously a shitty generic shooter. It basically never was a potential buy for me.

Ouch at Raccoon City! Still, I trust their reviews so maybe best to wait for a big price drop. Sub copy should be here later today so having the text as well should help.

Isn't multiplayer the whole point of the game? If -- as the Eurogamer poster suggests -- the review didn't factor in multiplayer, then it's sort of missing the point isn't it?

Not that I'm defending the game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Isn't multiplayer the whole point of the game? If -- as the Eurogamer poster suggests -- the review didn't factor in multiplayer, then it's sort of missing the point isn't it?

Not that I'm defending the game.

GamesTM normally do seperate multiplayer reviews for big games. If multiplayer is 'the whole point of the game', then why did they bother making a single player component?

ORC isn't gonna have it easy at all.

Doesn't help that the review seems based off the single player, it was never going to be about that, think it could still be good fun multiplayer trying to get high scores with other players and such.

The nemesis mode video they released last week looked pretty decent, in other words i'll wait and see whether the multi gets torn apart before getting too upset about it.

Ricker

Not sure I trust a review of someone calling RE a resi game :p ;) but judging from their other scores,they may be right,although they do admit they didn't play the multiplayer,the reason the game was made for, so why review it at all...?

glaurung

Doesn't help that the review seems based off the single player, it was never going to be about that, think it could still be good fun multiplayer trying to get high scores with other players and such.

The nemesis mode video they released last week looked pretty decent, in other words i'll wait and see whether the multi gets torn apart before getting too upset about it.
The Nemesis mode is apparently exclusive to the 360. Which is a massively shitty decision as far as I am concerned.

The Nemesis mode is apparently exclusive to the 360. Which is a massively shitty decision as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, was kind of hoping it was fake exclusive and would find its way over a few weeks down the line, im a Resi lover (god knows why...) so I will probably get it even tho its trash, really do like the whole co op idea tho.

From Unit 13 review: "...when faced with a game as generic, average and nondescript as Unit 13 it's difficult to know how to give its evaluation a touch of flavour." "You follow an arrow above your head, killing anyone who tries to stop you from going to where the arrow is pointing. Occasionaly you'll enter a room and the arrow will disappear, leaving you to figure out how to get to the opposite end of the room for yourself. That's about as tactical and as open as it gets." "...gunning for high scores isn't reward enough in itself when the gameplay and scoring systems on offer are both merely functional and not really very much fun."

Didn't mind the demo to be honest, but certainly won't be paying £30 for it

Top Bottom