• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

Sleepy

Fuck, no Zelda on 3DS this month!? Looks like I will pick up Spirit Tracks...I just want some portable Zelda.

Murrah

Banned
Fuck, no Zelda on 3DS this month!? Looks like I will pick up Spirit Tracks...I just want some portable Zelda.

Be careful, 3ds mic turns the flute segments from minor annoyances to infuriating nonsense

But yeah if you were hoping for the Oracle games, ha

Balb

I just want the NES Zelda's. And LttP, but that is probably never going to happen.

Oh, I see. You'll probably see the NES Zelda games soon since they were in the ambassador program. I doubt you'll ever see LTTP though, GBA or SNES version.

Roto13

On the one hand, we get a shitty $2 that should probably stick to iOS, which means no 3DS Virtual Console games yet again. On the other hand, Wii gets a Virtual Console Arcade game for the first time in years. (Super Hang-On.)

Seems like they've run out of WiiWare so they're finally releasing Wii Virtual Console games. Guess we'll see 3DS ones when the 4DS is announced. (Screen will be capable of displaying hypercubes.)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Oh wow, Super Hang-On (AKA where most of my high-school pocket money went). Oh, boy, the nostalgia. ..Why oh why did my wii power brick have to die a smoky death?

Is VVVVVV a good port? I have it on PC already, but I've never gotten around to play it. If it's just as good on 3DS, I might double dip. Feels like it would be a great portable game.

Is VVVVVV a good port? I have it on PC already, but I've never gotten around to play it. If it's just as good on 3DS, I might double dip. Feels like it would be a great portable game.
Flip Mode is broken and IIRC there's no level editor. Otherwise, yes, apparently it is.

DON'T DO IT MAN.

qyezH.jpg

Boney

Banned
Flip Mode is broken and IIRC there's no level editor. Otherwise, yes, apparently it is.

Flip Mode got fixed.
I had it on PC too but never played it because I didn't wanna deal with keyboard controls and this came just at the right time.

Port is pretty good as far as I can tell. Price is steep though, but the game's quality more than makes up for the price disparity.

Kokonoe

Banned
The problem with Spirit TRacks isn't the flute. IT's the train. The flute is easy.

I returned Spirit Tricks the same day I got it. No idea what they were thinking with the train.
I also find it strange that they would use the Windwaker style, yet make it a different story.

Gravijah

The problem with Spirit TRacks isn't the flute. IT's the train. The flute is easy.

the problem with ST is the boring ass dungeons. i got to the shitty "dark" one where you can' see, said fuck this shit and haven't played it since.

edit: they totally wasted this song on spirit tracks.

Anyone is getting Game & Watch gallery 2?

I dont know what to do... I think 4€ its so expensive and I still have my g&wg2 cartdrige over here... :S

Roto13

I returned Spirit Tricks the same day I got it. No idea what they were thinking with the train.
I also find it strange that they would use the Windwaker style, yet make it a different story.

It's a sequel.

the problem with ST is the boring ass dungeons.

It's not surprising that someone who doesn't like Kid Icarus Uprising is wrong about other stuff too.

Great... VVVVVV isn't available in Sweden for some reason.

Because it's not out in Europe.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Great... VVVVVV isn't available in Sweden for some reason.
That's because those Swedes refuse to become another US state, or a Japanese prefecture for that matter. Go figure.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
When was the last time there was a vc game for the 3DS?

Game Gear games on March 15. 3D Classic of Kid Icarus recently for those who didn't pre-order it. Otherwise the last Game Boy game was released February 9th in America.

Roto13

Usually Zelda sequels follow the storyline of the style that's used.

Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask
Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass
Link: The Faces of Evil > Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon

And Spirit Tracks is the next game in line after Phantom Hourglass. Tetra and friends settle a new kingdom and stuff happens and etc. Niko is even still alive in it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
what are people's opinions on g&w collection 2. y/n? never played any g&w stuff.

My favorite of all the G&W Gallery games, and probably my most played GBC game. It looks pretty clean and nice for a GBC title too. You have to enjoy these smaller games and the aspect of trying for high scores though.

Check out videos for the title on Youtube and what not. I love the game, and it's the perfect pick up and play title to have on hand. I'll buy it ASAP when it's out in NA.. if it ever is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vbYY2U0CI

Tyeforce

Dunno how people can think that Spirit Tracks was worse than Phantom Hourglass... Pretty much everything from Phantom Hourglass was improved in Spirit Tracks. I guess people just don't like trains?

And WHERE IS KIRBY'S BLOCK BALL?! T___T

I did atleast finish Phantom Hourglass. With Spirit Tracks, the flute was annoying and I remember travel being a pain in the ass with the enemy trains and all. I also didn't much care for the stealth stuff at the beginning ogf the game, it was tolerable but that was about it.

Dunno how people can think that Spirit Tracks was worse than Phantom Hourglass... Pretty much everything from Phantom Hourglass was improved in Spirit Tracks. I guess people just don't like trains?

I remember the reviewers saying the same thing, that's why I bought it. I am still scratching my head about that because I can't really tell what was improved. Maybe not having to replay the same dungeon levels over and over again but other than that, it seemed worse.

I remember the reviewers saying the same thing, that's why I bought it. I am still scratching my head about that because I can't really tell what was improved. Maybe not having to replay the same dungeon levels over and over again but other than that, it seemed worse.

The whole not having to repeat the same dungeon was it IIRC. I liked both games equally and have completed both. However certain parts in each are better than the other. Both can now be gotten cheaply enough they you should pick them up :p

I know it came out last month, but has anyone downloaded Block Factory? It seems like a fun little Tetris clone, is the same price on the eShop (and I already own Tetris physically)

Tyeforce

Okay, this has been bugging me for awhile now. Why is Face Pilot: Fly With Your Nintendo DSi Camera! featured in the Applications category on the eShop? It's been there for a few months now, but why? I haven't played it, but from my understanding isn't it more of a game than an application? I dunno why it bugs me so much, but every week I see it in there among the other apps and it just doesn't make any sense, lol.

God, Nintendo Downloads are abysmal nowadays, specifically the 3DS.

I miss the days of Wii VC. :(

This thread contains so much disappointment.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
One positive note is that Club Nintendo is giving away Snowpack Park (WiiWare) right now for 150 coins. Definitely worth it. It's kind of cute and weird and random and aimless. I think if you like Penguins and/or Minigames and/or Animal Crossing you'll like it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Meanwhile, in...

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii | Virtual Console

• The Super Spy (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (05/08)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Brazil, Sega mentioned in the comments to the Monster World blog post that May 10th SHOULD be the European release date for both as well.

Top Bottom