• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Tales game to be announced at the Tales of Festival in June

The next Tales game will be announced in early June, Jump reveals this week. The venue for the announcement: Tales of Festival 2012, of course!

According to Tales Source, which gets Jump in advance, Jump lists the new game as "Next Tales Of...." Platform, price and release date are listed as TBA.

Tales Source also says to expect a commercial to be broadcast during Hey! Hey! Hey! on May 21 and May 28. It's unclear if this commercial is for Tales of Festival itself or for the new game.

http://andriasang.com/con0xw/next_tales/

ToF will take place on June 2nd and 3rd.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pretty curious for this new Tales of. PS3 with almost no doubt, considering what Xillia did.

BluWacky

Tales of GREEd. Bring it, Bamco.

More seriously - hurray for new Tales, I guess. I unfortunately have nothing else to say - I always look forward to Tales games even if they are a bit average overall. Hope it's not a TP battle system this time round!

scy

Sweet, I can look forward for a whole month to be disappointed :x Tales of NotAmerica!

obligatorybitterpost

squall211

I hope to hear about Tales of Xillia localization at E3, if not, I don't care about this news, at all.

I forgot who said it, but I'm pretty sure it was someone on GAF a long time ago, but someone mentioned that every single TALES localization announcement has come during the months of Feb-Apr. If that's the case, I wouldn't get too excited about an E3 announcement.

Vita's probably getting Hearts R, 3DS is probably getting a Dungeon game or something at best.

If it's not a spinoff or cheap remake it's going to be PS3. If they platform jump, it'll be to Wii U.

They have already said they'd be interested in doing a WiiU game

Machi Asobi Report:
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6184163.html
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50767173.html#more

-There will be an announcement at Tales of Festival
-There will be new 3DS, PSP, and Vita titles according to Yoshizumi.
-Yoshizumi said he wanted to remake TOS on the PSP, but it apparently exceeded the PSP's limitations too much, even moreso than TOA. (Which is probably why TOA's on the 3DS.)
-The Symphonia OVA has a different ending than the game; it's release date might be postponed.
-They were debating whether or not to make a sequel to Ratatosk(?!), it seems like they decided against it. (I am not kidding about this.)
-ufotable will be in charge of animation for the next game
-Konishi (the voice of Lloyd) asks Yoshizumi if they would consider remaking Symphonia for the WiiU, to which Yoshizumi responds with a "Huh?".
-Yoshizumi says they are considering the WiiU for future Tales.

WiiU confirmed for next Tales of title, PS3 confirmed for next Tales of f version of said title.

RPGCrazied

Didn't Tales of Graces F tank in the west? They should know by now it has hardcore fans, but its not going to sell 1 million nor 500,000.

SykoTech

Localize Xillia onegai.

Yes please. Unlikely that they'd announce that at a Japan event though. Still, E3 happens around the same time.

100% PS3 if it's the next mainline tales

I hope so. It's irritating when franchises randomly hop around across every platform either the sun (Kingdom Hearts). Either pick a platform and stick with it, or just go full multiplatform.

Didn't Tales of Graces F tank in the west? They should know by now it has hardcore fans, but its not going to sell 1 million nor 500,000.

Only if Namco assumed the game was going to sell 500k, and considering no Tales in the West has done those kinds of numbers, even the successful ones, I highly doubt Namco was expecting those kinds of numbers. If they shot for Xseed/Atlus style numbers the game was probably profitable.

So, going by the Namco Bandai way of releasing Tales games.

This new game will be released only on the 3DS in Japan, but a NA port will come to the PSP in two years.

Only if Namco assumed the game was going to sell 500k, and considering no Tales in the West has done those kinds of numbers, even the successful ones, I highly doubt Namco was expecting those kinds of numbers. If they shot for Xseed/Atlus style numbers the game was probably profitable.

Tales of Symphonia did on the GameCube.

Labadal

SHOCKING NEWS!

I hope for an improvement in the AI of my fellow party members. I really wish they'd use something like gambits. Question is for wich platform it'll be announced. PS3 makes the most sense, so it has to be on another console.

I'm expecting a fanservice Dungeon or Musou-wannabe game or a port of Innocence R for PSP, a remake of a DS Tales for Vita and/or PSP, and a port of Symphonia (probably with the PS2 additions and a new ending) or (highly unlikely) a new Tales for the 3DS.

Tales Of Xillia came out last year, so we won't get a new console game, of course.

Metallix87

'Anytime soon' is now 'this event'?
I'd say anytime soon would be this event and this year's TGS. I just don't see a new Tales game for Vita being announced until 2013, so as to see if the system user base picks up a bit more. I could be wrong, of course, but it just seems likely to me.

Alrus

Wonder what baffling decision they will take with this franchise next. Probably a Tales of Tempest remake or something stupid like that.

But seriously, people expect Hearts R? Innocence R tanked :/

Except it didn't do as well in Japan, and all Bamco cares about is their Japanese audience.

With both versions it actually did really well. The GC version didn't do that badly in its own right. They should just have made Abyss a multiplat title or something, the GC audience worldwide would have eaten it up.

Rpgmonkey

Can't wait, been playing Vesperia PS3 after I finished Graces and now I'm totally in the mood for more!

And Jump seems to imply that it's a new mainline game, which is interesting considering there aren't any trademarks and they'd only have like 5-6 months to hype it up compared to the 8-10 most mainline Tales games get. I'm expecting maybe a teaser and such, but the real announcement and marketing won't start until December.

Can't see them not milking Xillia further, and an enhanced version of that would probably work as filler until the next PS3 Tales. Really curious to see what they intend to do with it.

It's about time for a new Radiant Mythology game as well. I was expecting 3DS for that at first, but since the fanbase has shown that they haven't moved on to the Vita or 3DS (yet) both with their sales and their reception at that event earlier, putting it on the PSP wouldn't be a surprise.

Vita will get another game, but I'm not sure if one is ready yet. The re-imaginings seem to be cheap and put together pretty quickly so I guess they could jump right into Hearts or Tempest and get it out around a year after Innocence R, but that seems really fast.

I think the 3DS will get something, but if it's Radiant Mythology 4 or something like that, it's probably a port of Symphonia.

Tales of Unitia appeared at the same time of Xillia, IIRC.

Unitia showed up with the Graces trademarks. But for some reason, they registered it instead of letting it die like they usually do with unused names, which lead people to believe that was the next Tales after Graces.

Spiegel

I'd say anytime soon would be this event and this year's TGS. I just don't see a new Tales game for Vita being announced until 2013, so as to see if the system user base picks up a bit more. I could be wrong, of course, but it just seems likely to me.

Well, Namco seem to be planning more ugly DS remakes for Vita and these don't take much time to make.

vall03

when it comes to Tales, I told myself I wont ever get my hopes up again, Im still considering ToA 3DS and ToGf localization to be some leftover bone that Namco threw away in the US because of all those whining by fans. As always, yay for another Tales games that I wont be able to play!

Top Bottom