• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Pawns for hire - rate, rent and share!

Dragons-Dogma-Logo.jpg

Hey GAF'ers! Share your created Pawn here, get rated (or rate the Pawn of another) or rent another player's Pawn. A quick Q&A:

Q: What are Pawns?
A: Well, there are two types of Pawns:

Main Pawn: The Main Pawn is like a permanent partner, who will follow the player throughout the adventure. As with the player character, the Main Pawn’s appearance and gender are customizable, and the Main Pawn will also level up and improve through increased experience and knowledge. You can also “rent” other players’ Main Pawn’s using an online feature.

Support Pawns: Main Pawns borrowed from other players will act as your Support Pawns. Of course, there are also many Support Pawns built into the game, so you don’t have to take advantage of the online feature to have these pawns and create the party of your liking. Players should consider the conditions of battle when choosing their pawns.

Q: How do I hire Pawns?
A: You can hire Pawns at certain Rift Stone locations placed around the map.

Q: Can I hire Pawns that are of Hybrid Classes?
A: No, Hybrid Classes are not available for Pawns.

Q: How does the leveling system work for rented Pawns?

A: The Pawn you rent is at the level it was saved at. If you rent a Pawn that is level 15, and the owner of that Pawn gets it to level 25 - you can dismiss the level 15 Pawn and hire the level 25 one. Also, hired Pawns can't be leveled up - only your main Pawn can gain levels with you.

If sharing your Pawns, a format such as this would be helpful:

PSN/XBL:
Name:
Class:
Level:
Augments:
Knowledge:
Other Notes:

Go ahead and drop your PSN and XBL IDs and get to sharing/rating/renting!

GAF User | PSN/XBL

psn-logo-1.jpg

• Lucent | Lucent85
• earvcunanan | A_MagicToaster
• Kyon | Kyo899
• fallingdove | Fallingdove
• Eppy Thatcher | Silkysm00th
• Teknoman | TeknomanEX
• moozoom | Roy_mechant
• Dresden | translationError
• JohnLacke | GeneralGawain
• InsertNameHere | LeadProtagonist
• Famicom | Jo_Jo_X
• Oichi | Reno
• Jagxyz | Jaguarxyz
• benhur | ryanreinert
• Aeon712 | Aeon712
• The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
• Arcteryx | VinceAutMorire
• Hung Wei Lo | Kinezo
• Mejilan | Mejilan
• blainethemono | blainethemono
• Schwabe | Tenjin
• slaughterking | slaughterbaron
• jagaman | Jagaman7
• jokingbird | derekjs
• FredFish | FortusDei
• Moofers | UNOILLNINO
• stupid_dad | paleshelter
• Mr_Appleby | spazmat
• deim0s | deim0s-wtf
• RevolverFox44 | BraveSirRobin
• lunchtoast | lunchtoast
• Knux-Future | Roynell317
• seeds19 | rubenkonen
• Sonicbug | Sonicbug
• branny | Branity
• Brannon | Reisadan
• Atruvious | Dremorax
• nataku | zerohaste
• abolisher6812 | Abolisher
• TomcatTheLion | TomcatTheLion
• Uthred | SchwarzesKreuz
• klee123 | klee1234
• ConfidenceMan | TheConfidenceMan
• Bajan32 | Bajan32
• creid | creid8
• BaronLundi | BaronLundi
• Amir0x | Amir0x
• Charles | munita
• Abylim | Abby
• itzknickknac | Itzknickknac
• Aselith | Aselith

xbox-live-logo-1.png

• Vargavinter | Vargavinter
• wanders | StoodSolution65
• Lach | Hardan
• monome | monome
• eXistor | eXistor NL
• Unity2012 | Unity2012
• hank_tree | Hank Tree Salad
• Coldsnap | ColdsnapBryan
• -NeoTB1- | NeoFoxTrot
• abundant | Onslaught56
• Cth | Cth
• Kyon | Kyo899
• PepsimanVsJoe | PepsimanVsJoe
• Lonestar | Lonestar 1979
• Machine | Meal Machine
• VariantX | VariantX7
• matics | matiics
• Delio | HaouDelio
• Babalu | babaIu
• Papercuts | Fatal X Fate
• ThirtyPlus | ThirtyPlus
• burgerdog | BurgerDog99
• bigdaddygamebot | bigdaddygamebot
• Santiako | Santiako
• Kard8p3 | Kard8p3
• blurrygil | blurrygil
• joe2187 | joe2187
• Pro from Dover | Man from Siam
• Sir Garbageman | Sir Garbageman

Kyon

Banned
Oh hai there.

I'll be picking up my game in the mornin'.

My Pawn's name is Robb Stark LOL from Game of Thrones. My main chick is Daenerys :p cant wait to see everyone's pawns. I spent hours on the demo just customizing them.

Off Topic: my ps3 died just so you know :( thats why i havent been on in forever earv. I hope you didn't delete me :(

My Pawn's name is Robb Stark LOL from Game of Thrones. My main chick is Daenerys :p cant wait to see everyone's pawns. I spent hours on the demo just customizing them.

Off Topic: my ps3 died just so you know :( thats why i havent been on in forever earv. I hope you didn't delete me :(

No worries, I didn't delete ya. Last sign-in: 26 days ago. When are you getting a working PS3?

My Arisen will be Roy Mustang and my Pawn will be Riza Hawkeye. Well, at least I'll try to make them look that way. =p

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
PSN: Silkysm00th (zeros in the smooth)

I should be on tomorrow night until god knows when. As soon as i decide if i'm saving my characters from the demo i'll post my Pawns name up.

Edit: Oh.. days later. Anyways Pawns current name is Grimes. I will likely be changing that name to vimes later tonight if you are indeed allowed to change their names at the rift shop in the encampment.

Kyon

Banned
No worries, I didn't delete ya. Last sign-in: 26 days ago. When are you getting a working PS3?

My Arisen will be Roy Mustang and my Pawn will be Riza Hawkeye. Well, at least I'll try to make them look that way. =p

next month :D for now i log in my sisters PS3 every now and then to let ppl know im still alive

moozoom

Pal Land (France) here !

PSN : Roy_mechant

Going to get the game this morning, a bit ahead of release - yay ! I hope the servers will already be working... If not I'll play offline till friday.

LProtag

PSN: LeadProtagonist
Name: Jake
Class: Fighter
Level: Low 40's
Notes: I'll put up the skills later. Defense/tanking oriented build with some crowd control abilities.

I'll try to keep this updated with current skills and the like. There may be some variation.

Astra

PSN: GeneralGawain
Name: Yukiko Amagi
Class: Fighter
Level: 74
Inclinations-
Primary: Scather
Secondary: Nexus
Skills-
Primary: Soul Skewer, Burst Strike, Dragon's Maw.
Secondary: Shield Drum, Launchboard, Sheltered Assault.
Core: Dire Onslaught, Takedown, Controlled Fall, Deflect.
Augments: Sinew, Bastion, Ferocity, Clout, Proficiency, Vehemence.
Updated: 09/6/12

I changed my pawn from Chie to Yukiko.

Lach

Damn this makes me consider switching my preorder to ps3version..

anyway

XBL: Hardan

[edit] won't get the game till thursday though.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
PSN: Reno
Class: Warrior
Level: 25 (?)

I believe my pawn is ranked near the top of the list right now ;)

Benhur

PSN: ryanreinert

I'm going to start playing tonight and will look for everyone's pawns ASAP. I'm going to create a fighter to compliment my strider main.

That's some bull, I wanted my pawn to be a mage archer:(
will be getting after I take my chem final, I'll probably be on all night unless I get Max Payne 3.

Psn:Nighthawk17

wanders

lol sorry. =)

But, yeah, it's crazy how many PSN names we've gotten so far as opposed to 360 gamertags. But this thread was just recently made and other people haven't really seen it yet and are probably asleep or just not on. Probably be a lot of names tomorrow.
Haha such a wonderful pic

I'm def ganna be a foreveralone assassin. Such a bad assB)

My fellow Arisen, I shall now travel to a distant land called Best Buy. My quest is to procure an item called Dragon's Dogma for the PS3. See you all at the Rift.

Kyon

Banned
add my xbl tag: Kyo899

i got both versions. My PS3 one will have to wait to be played next month tho LOL

Dresden

Hate to dump additional work on you, but it'd be cool if GAF usernames could be listed alongside the gamertags.

Hung Wei Lo

PSN - Kinezo

I'll post a pic of my concubine pawn once I'm done tweaking her and can actually play. Seems like a lot of folks are making fiery redheads...add me to that list too :p

edit: I got tired of all the redheads including mine, so I changed her to a more statuesque Wonder Woman like (in a pony-tail though) I'm still not tired of the thong look, but apparently people are, as my appearance ratings are going down :(

Name: Despina
Vocation: maxed Strider, Ranger, Sorcerer, fighter, Warrior, Rank 5 mage
Level: 75ish
Primary/Secondary - complete blank slate...gunna try to mold her

abundant

Alright, here's the info on my pawn. I haven't rested at an Inn yet, but plan to do it the next time I play.

Name: Lady Olivia
Class: Mage
Level: 10
Other Notes: Has a healing spell and a fire/ice enchantments. She also has a lightning spell and a fireball spell, both upgraded.

Top Bottom