• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2012

Aeana

FFVFJF2012.png

indexBottom2012.png

hRlkC.gif

Welcome to Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2012!
I'm posting this for RK since he's unable. The event is now accepting pre-registrations!

The fiesta starts Sunday, June 17.

Like last year the fiesta has its own homepage at http://www.letsplaying.com/FF5FF and its own Twitter account @FF5ForFutures

What is it?
You play Final Fantasy Five, the best Final Fantasy game. The only difference is, you are allowed only four jobs, one from each crystal. And they are randomly assigned to you. When you beat Exdeath, your picture must show all four of those jobs being used to qualify you as a winner.

Or, this year, there is hard mode. (Use #reghard instead of #reg.)

What's hard mode?
Every time you unlock a new crystal you will get a new job from any of your currently available jobs! Including duplicates! You may never proceed beyond Wind Crystal jobs! You could get multiple Berserkers! Newcomers to the Fiesta are welcome to sign up for hard mode, but remember, you can end up with anything!

EXTRA RULE: If your Wind Crystal Job is White Mage and you are having troubles, you may use ONE FREELANCER until the water jobs. If you are playing Hard Mode, however, this is discouraged.

Could you give a detailed version of that?
As you play Final Fantasy Five, jobs are unlocked at certain parts of the game. The wind crystal, water crystal, fire crystal and earth crystal. When you unlock the wind, water, fire and earth crystal jobs, send a tweet to @FF5ForFutures with #wind, #water, #fire or #earth respectively. You will then be informed of your new job!

What versions of FF5 are acceptable?
Any.

What if I have never played FF5 before?
It’s cool, you can still sign up.
This isn't the recommend way to play the first time. But, no one is stopping you from trying.

How do I sign up?
Make a tweet to FF5ForFutures containing #reg or #reghard. And then wait. The fiesta starts June 17th.

What if I don’t get any tweets back?
Gilgabot works on a schedule and will respond to tweets when it is able. Should ten or fifteen minutes go by, don’t resend the tweet, but let RevenantKioku know. He’ll look into it and if something is really gunked, manually set you up. It just may take a while if that is the case, but it shouldn’t be.

I don’t want to play, but I want to watch!
Feel free to check out the site and look at the logs of everyone, or the players individually. There will surely be livestreams, YouTube videos and even a few people making their own unique works here in this very thread.

What’s with that donation box?
Once again this year, the FF5FJF is being played for Child’s Play! You don’t need to donate to play, of course, but your contribution, players or no, is appreciated!
The donation period will be from June 1 to August 31. Ideally, you will want to beat the game within that time. But if you don’t, don’t worry! The site will remain operational until for a good while after that, although most of the fanfare will likely have cooled down.

Still using Twitter? Isn't that so 2008?
Gilgabot loves you. And remember, using Twitter does not give any of your personal information to anyone. If you insist on having your account set to private, let Gilgabot know so he can follow you back. You must also follow Gilgabot for it to work. There are some cool things in store this year that Twitter support is helping to allow.

But a twitter feed isn’t as interesting as the GAF thread!
Please, do feel free to still make your wonderful tales of adventure on the GAF thread. You can tweet &#8220;@FF5ForFutures #up My FF5 Story Part NUMBER <LINK TO GAF POST>&#8221; or something like that and people viewing the site will be able to click and be brought to GAF to see your wonderful work!

I have a question!
Send a tweet to @FF5ForFutures and you will be answered as soon as possible!

What's new in 2012?
A whole lot!

Pledges
Tweet #pledge and what you pledge to Gilgabot and it will be logged on the site for everyone to see!
Examples
@FF5ForFutures I #pledge $1 for every winner!
@FF5ForFutures I #pledge $1 for every winner and an extra dollar for every hard mode winner!
@FF5ForFutures I #pledge $10 for every crystal I get!

And so on. Of course we cannot make you honor your pledge and we understand things happen. But remember that it is great motivation and for a great cause!

Hard Mode
Detailed above. Essentially, you could end up with White Mage, White Mage, White Mage, White Mage. Or Thief, Berserker, Berserker, Bersker. Or even get something like a normal run.

#myparty
I FORGOT MY JOBS! OKAY I'LL JUST TWEET #myparty to Gilgabot and he'll tell me what I unlocked so far!
If, for some reason, you really don't want to visit the beautiful site that there is.

rk's Run
Starting June 15, RevenantKioku is going to live stream his run. But Gilgabot is not in charge of his fate this year. You are!
Go to http://www.letsplaying.com/FF5FF/rkrun.php and select the jobs you want rk to use. Then select a donation (if any) and press submit. You must have a twitter account to make the tweet. Just tweet what comes up after submitting.
If you don't donate your vote counts once. If you do donate you add 1 vote for each donated dollar.
Donating is separate from voting. Once finished tweeting your vote, go to ChipIn, make your donation and when you donate add your twitter handle in the comment box. You can also add what you voted for to be doubly sure. Once it is confirmed that your donation went through your extra votes will be tallied.
Why not just give him the hardest jobs?
Here's the rub! rk will start live streaming his marathon on June 15. When he finishes the Fiesta starts! Of course, if he doesn't finish by June 17 it'll start anyway. But if his jobs are easier, the fiesta begins sooner! Plus, some job combinations will be funnier than others. And the hardest combo isn't really decided upon.
Why isn't he doing hard mode?
Because he doesn't want to be play Thief, Berserker, Berserker, Berserker.

THIS THREAD IS JUST A SLIGHTLY EDITED VERSION OF LAST YEAR'S!
I love you too.

---------

Updates:

Job Fair!
Don't like your job spread? Let Gilgabot help you out!
If you got really unlucky with the randomizer and it's seriously preventing you from enjoying the fiesta, a small donation could put you back on track.

Sweet. Last year was my first time participating, and I had a blast. I went with normal registration again, since I want to see how I'll do with potentially different classes; I'll probably go with hard mode next year.

Kientin

Seriously, this event is what made me finally want to move out of lurking status and register for a NeoGAF account. Hard mode, lets do this.

Going to have to pass this time around.
Mainly because other things came up and I didn't finish the last go-round.

Looking forward to the hard-mode playthroughs though!

Negator

Hmm....Say I unlock White Mage in hard mode, and when I unlock water I get Thief and Summoner.

Do I get to use the White Magic that I learned up to that point, or do I only get to use Summoner and Thief abilities?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Good luck to all of the Fiesta runners this year. I may not contribute in any shape or form since it began, but I am not ashamed to admit that I lurk it up with these threads.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Subscribed. I'll probably do a normal run since this will only be my second time playing FFV (first was last years fiesta).

Won't be in town for the first week so I'll be starting late. Will share this around though, maybe some friends will want to try this year.

Wortany

Going for hardcore. Last year was too easy with Blue Mage, Summoner AND Beastmaster.
I will only be able to start the 23rd though, and if it's like last year, I'll probably take a month to finish it.

Didn't finish my run last year. Will definitely give it my all this year.

I probably did it wrong anyways by having it be my first time playing the game, but it was still loads of fun anyways, so I'm looking forward to it!

Heropon

Well, I had to create a twitter account, but I'm in.
I wasn't brave enough to choose hard mode, but this is my first year and I'm already afraid of having one thief/berserker.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I was just thinking about this yesterday, and was wondering when it was going to happen again this year. I'll see if I can get a copy and participate this year!

Negator

Decided to go Hard Mode.

I'm gonna cry if I get Berserker.

What version is everyone using? I recommend the GBA version.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
C'mon SE give PS1 support for VITA!

neoemonk

Last year I started off playing my GBA version on my Micro. I unlocked three jobs, and then one night I decided to switch the cart over to my DS Lite. When I started the game up all of my saves were gone. Very disheartening. This year I'm just going to keep it in one system and hopefully I won't lose my progress.

Negator

I will be streaming my run on Twitch.tv as well. It'll also serve as a nice archive of my playthrough through the game.

laika09

I've never played FF5, and I swore this would be the year I did it. I don't want to do this for my first playthrough though, alas! Maybe next year.

if only this were for the supremely awesome FF3j

A note to first timers: Feel free to jump in! I don't think there are any normal mode parties that would not be able to beat the game. (I can think of lots of hard mode parties that would have some trouble.) If I remember correctly, someone beat the game with 4 thieves last year. If you are having trouble, the thread will probably be able to provide help.

It's worth noting that while some combos are legendarily bad (Monk, Berserker, Beastmaster, Dancer, anyone?), it's possible to luck into classes with unexpected synergies. I documented most of my run through the game with Blue Mage, Summoner, Bard, Dragoon for the anniversary thread, catching the high points of most of those classes.

Gravijah

I've never played FF5, and I swore this would be the year I did it. I don't want to do this for my first playthrough though, alas! Maybe next year.

if only this were for the supremely awesome FF3j

wtf haven't you played ff5 for

get busy

laika09

A note to first timers: Feel free to jump in! I don't think there are any normal mode parties that would not be able to beat the game. (I can think of lots of hard mode parties that would have some trouble.) If I remember correctly, someone beat the game with 4 thieves last year. If you are having trouble, the thread will probably be able to provide help.

It's worth noting that while some combos are legendarily bad (Monk, Berserker, Beastmaster, Dancer, anyone?), it's possible to luck into classes with unexpected synergies. I documented most of my run through the game with Blue Mage, Summoner, Bard, Dragoon for the anniversary thread, catching the high points of most of those classes.

OP discouraged me, but I might do it...

What is (the best || a good) version, preferably one I can find a copy of?

wtf haven't you played ff5 for

get busy

I hadn't played 1, 2, 3 or 5 before this year, and I've now finished 1, 2, and 3. It was in the pipeline, I swear.

ccbfan

Gonna sign up for both hard mode and normal mode.

Hard mode is going to be interesting. Its not really hard just a much larger spectrum of difficulty.

Its can be really easy with a white mage/summoner/red mage/samurai combo.

Or you can get White Mage/White Mage/White Mage/White Mage which is near impossible.

Ourobolus

Banned
OP discouraged me, but I might do it...
Don't worry. While it's probably best to play on your own the first time - most of us here who have played several times will be able to help if you get stuck. Like HiddenWings said, there are very few parties that will have major difficulty towards the middle/end of the game, and there are always inventive ways to beat some major baddies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gravijah said:
ff5 gba is the best version.
This will be the only time we agree about something regarding the GBA!

I'd love to participate this year since last year's thread was pretty fun to read, but I haven't had the time to do much game playing lately, and it starts around spring finals/summer midterms too (plus no twitter >.>)! Perhaps next year. Hard mode sounds soooo good, so I'm looking forward to the playthroughs of people who chose that route. Good luck to you guys, because some of you might get White Mage x4 or Berserkerx2/Dancer/Monk, etc.

(I'll probably pick it up if I have time and play along with you guys in the Anniversary Thread using some of the worst combos ever, even if I'm not doing it officially.)

ChipIn makes things really darn easy for donations, so I'll pitch something in if Twitter isn't required for it.

Luigi87

Took part in it for the first time last year, loved doing it.
So hyped for this to begin!

Edit: Oh my at hard mode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hard Mode could very well end up being a ton easier then the regular fiesta.

You could end up with Black Mage, Summoner, Red Mage, Blue Mage. You could finally get Ranger+Ninja.

Of course you could just as easily get a Blue Mage and three Berserkers. Or a Thief, Berserker, Beast Master, Thief.

Gravijah

This will be the only time we agree about something regarding the GBA!

come forth and listen to my preaching about how awesome gba sound is when put into the right hands.

and if there's time, i'll even tell you about how top tier genesis soundtracks sound better than top tier snes soundtracks!

Top Bottom