• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony gives GOW LTD sell in numbers by region and game

Jack said it sold in excess of 21 million at the press conference, but on the SCEI site they broke it down by game and region, which is nice.

YrZzl.jpg

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/120605d_e.pdf

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seeing those numbers I'm honestly surprised Sony doesn't make more GoW games. Not having one on the Vita at launch looks really silly now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So I'm guessing it did over 200k-300k in China + SoKor + SEA?

Also, too bad God of War: Origins didn't break it to 1m, hopefully it gets a platinum hits.

Raonak

Banned
has potential to become sony's mario/zelda if they play their cards right.

has the disadvantage of having a continous storyline though. not to mention kratos dying(?) at the end of GOW3.

make him reborn in another mythology, i say.

Very well deserved, great series. I think it's running the risk of getting stale, though.

After seeing Ascension's gameplay and multiplayer, I think it is gonna give the series a much needed refresh. I do think that after Ascension Sony needs to give the franchise a much needed one year sabbatical though.

Then again I said the same thing about Ratchet and Clank, but Insomniac keeps milking that cow to no end....

Endo Punk

No fucking wonder Team Ninja and Capcom want the sweet sweet God of War pie. Jokes on them because you can't beat GOW by imitating it.

Raonak

Banned
There hasn't been a Mario game this gen that hasn't sold more than the entire GOW series by itself. Let's not jump the gun.

well, i said potential. :p
I was talking more interms of- nintendo has franchises like nintendo/zelda/pokemon that don't really end. people are constantly wanting more.

also; SMG sold 10 million by march 2012, which is a lot less than the 21 million that the gow series has done
SMG2 sold 6 mil by 2011. dout it reached 21 million either. :/

There hasn't been a Mario game this gen that hasn't sold more than the entire GOW series by itself. Let's not jump the gun.

I don't think he was talking about it being bigger than Mario, just that he is popular enough to be a figurehead for the companies titles. Kratos has already appeared in other titles in order to draw some interest.

Also plenty of Mario titles haven't sold 21 million copies this generation.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
raven777 said:
And I believe SEA doesn't have much share in that figure.
It might actually - GoW was quite popular in countries like Korea - but on PS2 noone bought their games in Asia outside of Japan.

Very well deserved, great series. I think it's running the risk of getting stale, though.

Agreed.

Finally just beat III and while some of it was absolutely jaw-dropping, I grew tired of the gameplay at times and some of the game had the "been there, done that" feel.

Beaten 4 of the 5 games so far. Gonna let time pass and then get going with Ghost of Sparta!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It might actually - GoW was quite popular in countries like Korea - but on PS2 noone bought their games in Asia outside of Japan.

Asian territories have been given importance during the PS3 era, especially SEA. The Philippines had to rely on importing NA stuff during the PS2 era... Nowadays we have the official Asian version of the games (and PS3 support) and they're a lot cheaper.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wow! I didn't know this series was doing this well. Fucking shit..

Well deserved too. GOW games are always high quality games. You know the people making them give a fuck. It has it's flaws of course, and I thought GOW 3 could have been better in parts. But as a series overall the quality is as AAA as it gets.

Well done Sony Santa Monica. Well done.

Just noticed GOW3 will be the first GOW to break 2 mil in Europe/PAL and I reckon it has a chance of breaking 3 mil in NA/LATAM too.

kinger256

The huge sales difference between CoO and GoS, just two years apart, really shows the tragic fall of the PSP.

Such a great system killed by the rise of smartphones.

flawfuls

I had no idea how much those ps2 collections sell. Holy shit. The sales of the first psp game is also really impressive.

Nice sales for Collection and III. Those two really fed off each other. Great marketing strategy.

If GoW III is sitting at 5.2 million then Uncharted 2 would have to be over 6 million by now, wouldn't it?

noobie

Banned
Thats a really nice step.. I hope Sony start releasing sale numbers for its other franchises.
Good to see some well deserved sales too.

Joni

Amazing numbers for those HD Collections. I hope a couple of developers take note of that. PSP versions also did great.

Jb

I had no idea GoW 3 sold this well, or the collections. 2.4M for two remastered PS2 games, suddenly it makes a lot more sense to me why so many of these collections pop up.

Top Bottom