• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Gameplay Videos with Audio

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What the hell happened? Suddenly this game looks really good :D. If I don't have a 3DS by the time this releases I'm pretty sure it'll manage to push me over the edge.

I will miss the money bills though, sucking those up was just so..enjoyable.

Edit: So there were 3 entire levels demoed? Clocktower, Manor and that snowy manor, anyone find a full video of that one?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Never played the first one, but this looks really fun.

As much as I hate Nintendo relying so heavily on the Mario franchise, they keep churning out things I want like this and Sticker Star. Damnit.

Fou-Lu

Lookin' awesome, I love the variety in levels. I hope there will be a lot of them and they won't be incredibly short. I think we know about like four right now? (Pyramid, winter cottage, haunted mansion and clockwork place?)

The animations and little touches are wonderful, but it's no suprise when you look at the developer.

Game has come a long way since last E3 too, that's for sure.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Always had faith this game will deliver since learning Next Level Games is developing it. Most anticipated 3DS game of 2012, Paper Mario can suck it. :p

RETURN OF THE GREEN KING

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Still kinda wish it kept the "2" in the title, Dark Moon still could have been a subtitle I guess. But that's just me any my irrational love of simply numbered sequel titles.

#nitpicks

Seems like they took on a more SM64/Galaxy style where they will be many worlds with multiple missions in each one and it looks like you will be searching for Dark Moon pieces(instead of stars). Although going by the Clockworks demo it appears these missions all lead you to finding the location of the Dark Moon piece. I hope it isn't too linear in the sense that you can enter more than one world at a time.

Have they mentioned if this will support the circle pad pro for aiming with the right stick? I don't mind gyro aiming but would prefer analog aiming if possible.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's actually in my top ten games of all time. Great game, it was just too short.

I agree with this assessment. Dunno if I'd put it in my own top 10 though, but it is one of my favorites. Very unique game, you'd never think Nintendo would try to put their own spin on the adventure genre.

Mistle

So good. Man I can't wait. The art and animation is awesome.

It's sad though that it'll never top the original games music. The main theme is lacking and the ghost sucking music isn't great either. Honestly I wouldn't have minded if they just reused those assets haha.
Hopefully Luigi still hums along though and you can press a "marioooo!" button.

EDIT: The music is sounding better in these videos D: ! Hopefully it's just the main theme heard in earlier trailers that isn't so great

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

The Brawl remix was perfect. PERFECT.

I knew as soon as I heard it four years ago I'd be disappointed with anything music/Luigi's Mansion-related forever after.

I was extremely worried last E3 that this would completely ignore the original's theme, but last fall's Nintendo conference trailers and now these gameplay vids have somewhat reassured me.

The new "theme" or whatever was in the E3 2011 trailer is still the musical equivalent of a fart though. :(

Ninman

The Brawl remix was perfect. PERFECT.

I knew as soon as I heard it four years ago I'd be disappointed with anything music/Luigi's Mansion-related forever after.

I was extremely worried last E3 that this would completely ignore the original's theme, but last fall's Nintendo conference trailers and now these gameplay vids have somewhat reassured me.

The new "theme" or whatever was in the E3 2011 trailer is still the musical equivalent of a fart though. :(

At least the "new" (little) music during gameplay its keeping the charm.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Alex

Looks fantastic, I just hope its WAY longer than the original or has some other methods for putting some meat on it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This game would be perfect for extra mansion DLC.

As long as it came out like six-eight months after the main game of course, to make sure there's no funny business. Would be really cool if we got holiday-themed mansions. Black Christmas themed mansion, anyone? :p

This game would be perfect for extra mansion DLC.

As long as it came out like six-eight months after the main game of course, to make sure there's no funny business. Would be really cool if we got holiday-themed mansions. Black Christmas themed mansion, anyone? :p

That would be so great!

I love how Loco-Roco on the PSP had a several holiday themed demos that came out. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I still haven't bought the game even though I played the various demos many, many times through. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK so the E3 trailer actually has really good music and combined with the snow level music and inclusion of the old theme for at least the DS Horror I'm much more optimistic on the game's audio.

Also, EPIC MOMENT OF EPICNESS:

9tHxBl.png

And the end of the trailer elevator scene... perfect. Next Level is totally going to nail this game. Handheld GOTY, calling it now.

Fou-Lu

And the end of the trailer elevator scene... perfect. Next Level is totally going to nail this game. Handheld GOTY, calling it now.

It does look incredible so I hope so, but it is competing with Paper Mario: Sticker Star, which also looks really promising. Still, either way both games are going to make this a 3DS Holiday for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pvLycl.jpg

Kinda iffy on the art direction they're using for the official renders. Looks a bit plasticky, but I like the swirly textures.

Nice to see this iconic picture remade, though:

6xrf8l.jpg

QKxptl.jpg

Toads are back! (Probably confirmed before, I think.)

0Ux9N.jpg

And adorable ghost dog too!

JGfqH.jpg

This game is really sticking closely to the original, I'm impressed. Most devs would take a game from a decade ago and throw out basically everything when making a sequel -- I was surprised E. Gadd returned, even. Very happy that Next Level is taking as many cues from possible from the original to make this feel like a real sequel. Even the mice look the same!

It does look incredible so I hope so, but it is competing with Paper Mario: Sticker Star, which also looks really promising. Still, either way both games are going to make this a 3DS Holiday for me.

Definitely. But having (only) played the first games in each series, my heart lies much more with Luigi's Mansion. :p Thousand-Year Door is on my to-do list, but I really struggled to finish the first so it isn't near the top.

Fou-Lu

Definitely. But having (only) played the first games in each series, my heart lies much more with Luigi's Mansion. :p Thousand-Year Door is on my to-do list, but I really struggled to finish the first so it isn't near the top.

Thousand-Year Door (you really should play it ASAP) is right up there in my top ten with the first Luigi's Mansion, so you can understand why this Holiday is going to be amazing for me. :p

Zekes!

One thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the multiple mansion aspects. I kind of wish it was just a singular mansion, just bigger. But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering this looks really great.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This looks wonderful. I'll miss the C-stick aiming from the original but other than that it looks like a worthy sequel.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok it went from, I know it's coming and will pick up a litte while after release, to , holy shit I wants!!

never played the first Luigi's Mansion is it worth getting?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ok it went from, I know it's coming and will pick up a litte while after release, to , holy shit I wants!!

never played the first Luigi's Mansion is it worth getting?

Definitely. It's really short though, only about 3 hours IIRC. Maybe less if you're good.

Fou-Lu

One thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the multiple mansion aspects. I kind of wish it was just a singular mansion, just bigger. But I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering this looks really great.

I think it would've been cool to go for a haunted castle, that includes the castle grounds so you can have an assortment of different buildings on the grounds. Then just make the castle huge and varied. Maybe even throw in a forest/mountain area that you have to trek through to get to the castle, and drop a lake somewhere so we can have a lake monster.

Top Bottom