• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week on Why Keanu Reeves is Fucking Awesome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice guy but I don't want him anywhere near Cowboy Bebop.

spike-spiegel-gun.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That was, frankly, amazing. It gives that cinematic fight scene feel, but looks real and you can tell what the hell is going on.

I would definitely watch an action movie using this concept.

bengraven

Holy shit, he doesn't sound like himself. Are you sure that's KR or is that a joke?

Because he had zero of that "whoa" surfer boy accent thing going on. Maybe he's finally acting his age.

Oh and yes, this is fucking awesome. I love kung fu films and I would love to see Keanu try another.

totowhoa

Banned
Damn, that's some incredible stuff. We've come a long way with choreography, and with a rig like that, man, I can't wait to see some of the scenes we'll get out of that. Like he said, that right there was the sort of movement reserved for CGI and animation. Awesome. It really gives a frantic feel to the fight, the way the camera drops down to their feet and whatnot. People use shakey-cam to sort of imbue that sense of chaos and movement during an action sequence, but that got the point across far more effectively and with complete eloquence.

Esch

Banned
gotta say ive definitely seen worse portrayals of taijiquan on film. the choreography has some pretty obvious peng jin in it.

totowhoa

Banned
Who would you want? Just wondering...

It would take a miracle for the purity of Spike's original character to still exist in a Hollywood live action movie, so I'm not sure why it would matter much :p He's a proven actor who would fit the bill for something like this, I always thought. Not that I necessarily ever wanted to project to find legs, outside of curiosity.

gotta say ive definitely seen worse portrayals of taijiquan on film. the choreography has some pretty obvious peng jin in it.

dude that was kung fu

Dany

Banned
Seriously, that footage looked awesome. Would love to see that actually being utilized in an action film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom