• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2012

OMG Aero

Just guessing, but it might be a case of latency. Wireless latency can be unpredictable and must be accounted for in netcode. I bet the link cables expected perfect synchronization—when they didn't get it, the link code threw up its hands and died.
There's also the fact that while the link cable was a direct 1 to 1 connection, with wireless you could have like 10 people all trying to do link cable multiplayer at the same time and Nintendo would have to do some additional work to get a way for you to choose which person to connect to and have the game recognise that.
Now that doesn't sound like it would be all that hard to do, but you know how much Nintendo likes modifying their roms.

shauntu

I believe all of August has Mario themed games on sale each week instead... but I hope they resume the Game of the Weekend sales after that...

Drago

NoA tweeted that Colors 3D is their last Game of the Weekend. So I guess it does stop?
waaaaat

And I thought NoA was actually starting to do a really great job with the eShop

Oh well, at least it ends with a game I'll actually be able to buy. $4 for Colors is a fantastic price for me. Will get it tomorrow

Drago

If they do themed monts of sales, like "Month of Mario," "Month of Puzzles," "Month of Kirby," etc. then I would be ok with that, I guess...

I would probably prefer random games though.

I won't believe it. I refuse to believe that NOA is this stupid. I outright refuse it!

*cries*

its a mistake. You'll see. YOU ALL WILL SEE!

Anywayz: Been playing Wario Land and its pretty good so far. About as good as I remember. Its getting a little easier now that I have gotten reused to the controls.

Now we need the "What are you playing?" thread for this week to have Wario in the title.

Edit: Damnit! Why can't I go one post without misspelling anything? Why do I never proof read until after I post it? *sigh*

Also, I have decided to get NSMB2 digital, only because I will likely buy a retail game later for mutiplayer. So bring on the digital!

watershed

Banned
Maybe they're shutting it down because there are no more good games to support with the discount. I think they'll bring it back once more high quality 3dsware drops.

Drago

Maybe they're shutting it down because there are no more good games to support with the discount. I think they'll bring it back once more high quality 3dsware drops.
There's loads of VC, 3DSWare, and DSiWare that could be discounted. There's no real reason to end it.

Month of ______ may be it's replacement, unless NoA really is done with sales after Month of Mario.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Loads of software on the eShop they could discount, and every week just adds more to the mix. If they ended up with repeats for good games like Mighty Switch Force in a few months, I don't think people would mind either.

How about the Japanese / PAL region; Are sales still on for the long haul?

Drago

EvilMario said:
How about the Japanese / PAL region; Are sales still on for the long haul?
All they had was the two week sale with 10 games total discounted. If NA ends sales after August, I would say JP/EU got the better deal in the sales department.

Is it me or is Planet Crashers really unforgiving out of the gate? I've died 5 times in the first dungeon, winding up with no gold or items almost each time. Did I miss a weapon or easy level-up opportunity somewhere? Not a whole lot of help in the manual nor any sort of in-game tutorial...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just bought my first DLC for Theatrhythm on a McDonalds wifi (man, life without an Internet connection is desperate). DLC is not taxed for some reason?

GWX

So... still no Theatrhythm demo for the Americas? It's hard to believe that Europe has one, Japan has multiple ones, and we have NOTHING =(

(I'm buying the game as soon as I can, but I want to make the wait easier by playing a demo :s)

jgkspsx

Got WL and Mole Mania. Never played either of them, love 'em both so far. I don't think Mole Mania is in the same tier as DK'94, but I'll give it time.

Dot Runner Complete is the 3DS sequel to Picdun. PICDUN! It is so bought once I get another points card.

Top Bottom