• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 Industries do NOT work on Halo Anniversary 2

Nibel

(Lock if old)

Microsoft Expertzone published a Q&A with 343 Industries

Q: The E3 demos for Halo 4 looked fantastic, but they made me want to replay the other numbered Halo games. With the great job 343 did with the HD remastering of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, is there a chance we will see Halo 2 HD before the end of this console generation? Maybe a Halo Trilogy pack to promote the new saga? Pretty please?

A: We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy.

Source

In other news: Halo 4 will work with Microsoft Surface tablet

When Microsoft first announced its Surface tablet, many wondered how it might work with games for the Xbox 360 (or any future Xbox console). Microsoft’s president for interactive entertainment business had a morsel of insight about this today.

Speaking during a panel at VentureBeat’s GameBeat 2012 conference, Microsoft exec Don Mattrick mentioned that the upcoming first-person shooter Halo 4 will work with Surface. VentureBeat reporter John Koetsier confirmed this with Mattrick after the panel.

We have no details on how Halo will work with Surface, and Mattrick didn’t offer anything further. But at E3, Microsoft did show how SmartGlass would work with its new tablet.
Photo credit: John Koetsier

Source

Sushigod7

hmmm I guess it's bad news if people thought it was going to happen I guess I didn't even think about it with the new trilogy coming. I'm sure MS will throw it out there someday though if the current HD re-release trend continues to next generation.

TheOddOne

Also 343 has different teams, the one that worked on CE remasterd was the publishing team. The main team was working on Halo 4. So, 343 Industries will have input on the project and will be working on it.

JoeInky

When Microsoft first announced its Surface tablet, many wondered how it might work with games for the Xbox 360 (or any future Xbox console). Microsoft’s president for interactive entertainment business had a morsel of insight about this today.

We have no details on how Halo will work with Surface

huh, I don't think "Halo 4 will work with smartglass" is really insight on how it will work for 360 games.

amardilo

I'd be happy if Saber Interactive are doing the work on Halo 2 Anniversary in a similar way to what they did for Halo C.E and they release it next year as a launch game for Microsoft's next console.

wwm0nkey

Still saying a Halo 2 MP XBLA port running at 60FPS in 1080p would be a god send.

Would still probably play Halo 4 more but I would like to drop into Halo 2 from time to time.

Ein Bear

They probably aren't working on it yet. The anniversary isn't until November 2014, they still have plenty of time.

Dan Yo

Banned
At this point, remaking Halo 2 with it's entire multiplayer intact is about the most exciting thing that anyone at MS or 343 could be working on. They killed the best multiplayer experience XBL ever had when they ended the original Xbox's servers.

Halo 4 looks nice and all, but way too much thrown in to appease the CoD masses. Halo 2 remake needs to happen. No loadouts, no killstreaks. Just Halo 2.

Alternatively, a Halo 2 anniversary playlist, similar to the one for Halo 1 in Reach, which has all of the maps and no armor abilities, would be enough to make every Halo fan explode if they made that happen for Halo 4.

It's going to come out. Makes perfect business sense and 343 expressed interest in it before.

Those 2 things= guaranteed release.

Top Bottom