• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy XV to be announced at TGS 2012/E3 2013, will be for all consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Banned
MOD EDIT: Logo is fan made yeesh.

Final+Fantasy+XV+Unofficial.jpg

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/1...opment-will-release-on-current-gen-platforms/

Square wants the game to surpass Skyrim and FF7.

• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
• It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
• The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
• The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
• The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
• The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
• The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
• Will release on all major current gen platforms.

Note when it means "all major current gen consoles" it means all HD consoles available.

I really hope this happens, and having the main stream Final Fantasy back on Nintendo would be huge!.

Edit: the logo is fanmade, just in case nobody knew.

Beth Cyra

Wada wants FF XV to pass VII in sales? This late in the Gen and after XIII/XIII-2/XIV?

Even if XV turned out to be fucking amazing to everyone who chills on boards like Gaf I very much doubt it gets close to passing up VII.

This sounds mighty interesting even though I am not into JRPGs at all, just hope they stay away from the more JPop inspired aesthetics that are used for FFXIII as I am pretty tired of that.

Levyne

Banned
• The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.

Just read this. YEESS (if true)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
For one thing, Square's not dumb enough to put serifs on the bottom of a "V"

Emitan

My 3 favorite FF games?!

Please be real.

asdoklasoiasdoaisdoijasdoaisjdoaisdjasd

if this isn't real i will die

Square wants the game to surpass Skyrim and FF7.

• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
• It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
• The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
• The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
• The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story
• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
• Will release on all major current gen platforms.

YES YES YES YEESSSSSS

Totally hyped despite SE's disappointing streak. I do have two concerns though:

• WTF is that logo art? Where is Amano?
  • Was Ito responsible for XII's story? Cause that game's plot rivaled XIII's in awfulness. (Albeit for totally different reasons.)

Nibel

FFXV will be released before Versus - believe

That XV is even announced before Versus release is telling :lol

And everybody who worked on FF9 is good in my book

TunaLover

It would be strange if they pass Wii U, considering they will have DQX in the system, but this is SE we are talking about...

kenta

Has no PEINS
That is one heck of a bullet-point list, wow. Gonna go with "too good to be true" for now, but I really want to eat my words on this one

DJIzana

Wow... I dunno what to say about this. If this is true and it comes out before Versus XIII I'll be extremely both happy and sad (sad because I want Versus more than any other FF right now). Heck, maybe it might be that Versus XIII actually got renamed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom