• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku rumor: First screengrab of Kotaku making a fool of themselves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
fW1Ra.jpg

c70278fa.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5929528/this-migh...itas-savior-a-new-monster-hunter-it-might-not

I call bull. Either this is just an elaborate hoax using a screenshot from another game, or is a leak for a Frontier 2 for PC. The icons at the bottom are way too small to be of practical use on the Vita's touchscreen. Interface is different from Frontier or Hunter Blade.

OR this could be a bigger MH ripoff than Hunter Blade. For PC.

edit: More pics
WhR8g.jpg

WillyFive

That's a PC game; since the image was taken using Fraps (a software for capturing video from PC programs), the icons are way too small to be used by a thumb, and the resolution is too good for a Vita.

I thought of Fraps, but it could just be Fraps recording a trailer playback.

It's not Hunter Blade. Different interface.

It could just be a screenshot of a REALLY OBSCURE game right now with MH shooped on top then displayed on Vita.

Kyoufu

It's not from a trailer. Capcom always uses CAPCOM1 CAPCOM2 CAPCOM3 and CAPCOM4 for player names on the side.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
oh, the good ol torture of mock ups fans have created just to show what could have been. Hnnnngh.

Mendrox

Yeah, i think its time to put some serious thoughts into banning them. Just ridiculous .

on the other hand we won't have something to laugh at. I seriously don't know why after all these years people like to post these news. This site needs clicks, gets clicks by posting bs news (FF Versus canceled lol and this one, FF13 Vanilla nipples ... )

JazzmanZ

It's not like Capcom hasn't used internet website watermarks on their own things before!

Remember Okami wii had the IGN logo?

This could be the same thing!!!

Obviously not

salromano

Guys to be fair, this isn't a "Kotaku rumor" as the thread title implies.

It stemmed from A9VG, and was picked up by Japanese copy-paste blogs.

I posted this. Though I admittedly failed to notice the fraps.com watermarks. Early morning does that to you, I guess.

(As far as the bottom bits being cut off, I thought it looked like it could be one of those things where your active item kind of "slides up," while the others remain "nested.")

Ha, post first, check screenshot later. Kotaku.

While I don't really care about their fluff pieces or rumor pieces, this is pretty dumb.

Herb

Banned
Lol at the fraps.com watermark.

Could it have been a live stream/leaked video and someone used fraps to take a screenshot of it? Fraps works in a ton of scenarios. Then again, the resolution doesn't match up, unless they cropped it. Either way, I don't trust it.

Weren't they already banned? Did they somehow redeem themselves at some point and get in-banned?

I actually hesitated a lot in posting this, given the disgusting rumor-mongering with FFXIII, but there was a Kotaku link topic just yesterday with a mod post so I thought it was still good to go.

Honestly, I'm just not interested in sites that want to run with rumours as quickly quashed as this.
Dropped Kotaku as a site I go to last year, sad that things haven't improved, I do/did like Totilo.

Grecco

Wont be too long till Kotaku is banned again. They were banned here in gaf years ago IIRC, and were unbanned during Homegate i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom