• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim online patch coming via DLC [delayed over 18 months, delayed again]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Delayed till Autumn

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...umn?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World's upcoming DLC that allows for online multiplayer and a playable version of Scott's roommate Wallace Wells has been pushed back to autumn, despite the parent game coming out over two years ago.

Originally scheduled for an XBLA release yesterday, the add-on never showed up. When pressed for comment, publisher Ubisoft replied, "The original release date was communicated incorrectly. We'll be releasing the DLC in the fall. More information to come as we get closer to launch."

---

This is new, right?!

http://majornelson.com/2012/08/07/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-7/

Scott Pilgrim: Online Multiplayer+Wallace Pack (Ubisoft) 19-Aug 400

Omikaru

Yay! I loved this game, now I can get some multiplayer on. :D

I'm going to just assume this is coming to PS3 too.

xemumanic

It should have shipped with it, but after all this time, I'll buy it day of no problem.

I also wished this had come to PSP (now Vita). Seemed like a perfect fit for a handheld, especially with that screen. I'd buy that version too, even now.

Ronabo

Man that's unprecedented to see a game that's a couple weeks from being two years old get such a big DLC update. Especially a XBLA game.

ultron87

Does the Wallace Pack mean playable Wallace? Hell yeah.

Though significantly less hell and yeah for it costing five dollars.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

WANT NAO!!!

BRAIN FUCKED!!!

It shouldn't have taken this long. This should've been Day 1 stuff. But at least it'll get people playing an awesome game again.

Wow! Never thought they'd bother. Nice.

Glad to see they're throwing in a playable Wallace in order to compensate for the patch costs.

Definitely playing as Wallace when the patch comes out. I'd love to play as Mr. Chau, but
he's a secret boss
, so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

After all the hell the dev team had to go through in the fist place to get the game done, It's nice to see the original vision being completed. Day one.

Some behind the Scenes stuff from back in the day.

We've worked on this project for a year, half of it in Montreal where we were unfortunately very poorly managed, with an unqualified team and inappropriate tools which all got the game nearly canceled and drove everybody on the core team near depression. Then we had 5 crazy über intensive months in Chengdu's studio, where we had no time left and were all going completely crazy trying to pull this off.

This just reminds me how much it sucked that in local multiplayer no one kept their level ups other than player 1. Can't say I plan to cough up for this as tempting as Wallace may be, I will instead listen to the awesome soundtrack later today.

Roto13

I will totally buy the PSN version I'm assuming is also coming. Even though online should just be a free patch and Wallace should probably be cheaper since Knives + two more game modes was only $2.

Galdelico

Stupid question: will it be free online multiplayer patch + Wallace DLC or paid DLC including both Wallace and the MP mode?

Nice! Wasn't this one of those games that didn't have online because they wanted to "remain old school" or something to that effect? I look forward to finally getting to try the co-op with non-local friends.

LQX

One of my favorite games this gen. Played the hell out of it with my 5 year old nephew. This game just gives you a great feeling. I think its the snow and the fact I love winter.

Online should have been in it from the jump but that sweet coop made up for it. Hopefully this gets people to play it again but its been so long I doubt it. And I wish they would bring it to PC.

This came out of nowhere, and I can't wait to buy it as well as get sucked into the game again.

I loved the Scott Pilgrim game. I put so many hours into it.

wut. Talk about coming from the left-field.

Even if it's a "have to buy Wallace to get online multiplayer" type deal, I'll still be up for it.

Top Bottom