• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim online patch coming via DLC [delayed over 18 months, delayed again]

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
how weird, i played it again/finished it only yesterday. maybe this is to tie in with the new colour editions coming out soon?

They are coming out at the same time. I think they decided to synergize the release dates, but I'm not sure if they decided to add in the online multi + DLC just to have new stuff when the color editions release. Just seems like they were getting done around the same time so why not release at the same time.

Still weird for them to go back and do this just because it's weird as well as what the other poster said about the dev team going through hell and back to get this done.

Z3M0G

Wasn't too much effort to finish the game in single player / offline mode...

I'd think of this as a bit of a "online RPG" if you would need to do more "grinding" to strengthen your character to get past each level... Just jumping in with random players to fight through an area over and over until you are finally strong enough to take it down would feel quite rewarding to me. Then you can do it all over again with each individual character if you like.

Call it a "hardcore" mode or something...

Pyccko

Whoa, that's pretty unexpected. Hopefully they'll bother to put it out on PS3 too, SP is one of my favorite PSN games.

I bought this on 360 like two years ago and never completed it due to not having friends to play it with locally.

Now they release this after I and most of my friends have shifted to PC gaming and canceled our Xbox Live gold accounts.

How about a Steam release? I'd rebuy it.

Mr. Fix

The only reason why I didn't buy it in the first place. If the PS3 gets it, which it should, then I'll definitely dip in.

dot

Oh cool. I was hoping this game would get a online patch, and its finally happening! :D

I wish they'd release the game on PC though..

With these recent patches to older games (MGS4, SP, etc.) it gives me hope for a DMC4 trophy patch but i ain't holding my breath for that one. lol

Unexpected but pretty cool, I might come around to finishing it now, I just kinda dropped off on it near the end when it came out. The demo sold it for me, mostly in the difficulty, but then I found out that's it's one of those stat driven beat 'em ups which killed it for me a bit.

Cbajd5

I plan on buying this on the PSN.

AND IT WILL BE AMAZING.

Still haven't bought the Knives pack though.

Cade

If this is for PS3, I'm in. I hope this means we'll get a Deluxe Edition PC port with online play, though. I'd double dip for sure.

Voidguts

day one on PSN for me. I already beat it a couple of times in local co-op but I have some friends who wouldn't touch it because it didn't have online. soo.. yeah. awesome game, awesome news.

Slavik81

Cool. I hated it when I first tried it alone, but this game is fun with friends. Online multiplayer would be a great addition, even if local co-op is nicer.

Grayman

in if it hits psn. one of my go to games when i actually turn the system on. has that team made a similar beat em up since?

Daigoro

This new is of interest to me. I've actually just finished the game for the first time recently. I'm going to pick up this dlc for sure.

Ooohh expensive, but this is also of interest to me. I already have a crappy bass, just need the game now...

Hm.

Salsa

oh what a great time to release it on Steam, you can even promote it with the release of the newly colored editions of the books

right guys

BadAss2961

Nice. This game was fun. I had maxed out all the characters and everything, though it was easy tricking the system.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
oh what a great time to release it on Steam, you can even promote it with the release of the newly colored editions of the books

right guys

Hopefully they bundle it as an all in 1 thing for PC. Don't want to buy the game new now and then be forced to buy DLC.

Salsa

The what? Link/source please?

comics_scott_pilgrim_colour.jpg

Amazon link

released tomorrow, bryan's been promoting them for a while now. Vol 2 is up for November I think.

Salsa

oh and even if we dont get a PC release (cries), the new editions of the books somewhat explain why this DLC is being released so late after release.

scott-pilgrim-gasp.png

Can't fucking wait. Give me more reasons to replay my 2010 GOTY! I wonder if this means more achievements and trophies too?

I am in agreement that this SHOULD be on other consoles. I'd dig a 3ds/vita/steam port. Fuck I'd even dig a Wii physical disc version...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Weird. I was playing this 2 days ago after a 2 year hiatus.

Top Bottom